Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rhfil  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2021 16:09:42(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Is there a way to import loco images into a CS3 for display and if there is where can I find information on how to do it? I have non-Marklin locos that I would like to have a picture of in my CS3 and believe I saw that it is possible but do not remember where I saw it.
Offline geir  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2021 20:47:47(UTC)
geir

Norway   
Hi
I had the same issue some weeks ago.
Here is one link https://www.marklin-user...6747-CS2-and--png-images

I found my picture when google the specific non marklin train.
I converted the pictute to png format.I just googled covert from jpg to png and found a program that did on the fly.
I saved my picture to a SD memory card in a dirctory called lokicons

CS3 loco pictures are stored in the "lokicons" folder in the CS3's file system. They are .png files

I inserted the SD card in cs3.Used edit locomotiv setting on the specific loco and open the locomotive image.Found the SD card file and copy/moved the file to cs3 lokicons dir.
Good luck
Offline geir  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2021 22:38:16(UTC)
geir

Norway   
LKAB.jfif (7kb) downloaded 14 time(s).LKAB.png

4,69kb and 6,18kb
I'm not shur how big they can be but on CS3
But for cs2 maximum of 128 x 48 pixels the file cannot be larger than 6 KB
Offline rhfil  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2021 22:56:27(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
It looks like they are the same size as the CS2. I opened up the lokicons file from a backup to a SD, copied a png file to my computer and they are the same size - approx 128 X 48 max. Will try my first one tomorrow. NFL games today.
Offline DV  
#5 Posted : 24 January 2021 23:50:33(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to import loco images into a CS3 for display and if there is where can I find information on how to do it? I have non-Marklin locos that I would like to have a picture of in my CS3 and believe I saw that it is possible but do not remember where I saw it.

The process I use is the CS3 Web interface.

If you don't have a copy of the CS3 instructions you can go to this web page Instructions.

Go to page 32 and read Importing Locomotive Images by Web Browser.

That will tell you how to set up web interface on page 26.

Once you have done that, it should be plain sailingThumpUp ThumpUp

That to me was the easiest way to import my images which I created for my locos, through the web.

I do believe that to import on CS2 you require a usb stick and the images have to be .png uploaded, and they are the only item on the stick (I can't guarantee that I'm 100% correct, I'm sure someone will either confirm, add or state I got it wrongLOL LOL ) whether you can do that process with CS3 I'm not sure

Good luck

Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline rhfil  
#6 Posted : 25 January 2021 01:46:08(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
It is on page 35 of my downloaded manual and is the instruction I skimmed across a long time ago but could not remember where I had seen it. I think it will do a much better job and be easier. Will try it sometime in the future as the next couple of days might be busy. Am scheduled to receive my first covid-19 vaccine Tuesday.
Offline rhfil  
#7 Posted : 27 January 2021 16:58:34(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I finally managed to get my pc to connect with the CS3 - the problem was my router needs to be told to allow the CS3 access to the internet - and the image loading feature works great. I was able to load two non-Marklin locos pictures and one Marklin loco which does is not in the lok online library for some reason. Many thanks for the suggestion.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 27 January 2021 18:16:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
...and one Marklin loco which does is not in the lok online library for some reason. Many thanks for the suggestion.

I believe they do not put all the possible pictures in the library because there is just not enough disk space. This is one of the reasons they have fitted the facility to expand the effective disk space using an SDHC card of up to 32GB capacity.

Offline rbw993  
#9 Posted : 27 January 2021 19:22:14(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
There are about 2,000 icons that load on the CS3. Assuming that they each are around 6KB that on comes out to a total of 12MB so I don't think memory is an issue. There are just many models that predate the use of icons and they probably missed some. I can't see them bother to loading "foreign" icons. Loksound 5 decoders upload their own icons when recognized by mfx.

And yes the computer connection is pretty slick!

Regards,
Roger