Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dboost  
#1 Posted : 19 November 2020 05:54:47(UTC)
dboost

United States   
Hello...I have an old Marklin train set from my father that I have set up on c track powered with Marklin 66471 transformer and would like to have at least one stop track in my layout. Can anyone tell me all that I would need to do this. Thank you. Dietrich
Offline Builder01  
#2 Posted : 19 November 2020 13:00:17(UTC)
Builder01

United States   
What is a track stop, or, stop track?
Offline Copenhagen  
#3 Posted : 19 November 2020 15:41:52(UTC)
Copenhagen

Since it's analogue a stop track would be an isolated piece of track that can be switched on and off with a mechanical switch. You'll need plastic isolators, spade connectors, some wire and a switch(box). I'm sure there are som "oldschool" guys who can be more specific.
Offline PacoM  
#4 Posted : 23 November 2020 19:17:42(UTC)
PacoM

Spain   
Hello, I will try to explain the simple procedure.

Each piece of C track has, at each end, as you know, two plastic connectors that ensure the physical stability of the union.
Apart from them, electric connectivity is ensured by two plugs on the right and two on the left side at each end, one of the two for each phase of the alternative current.
Isolation of a stretch of track (one or several pieces together) means isolation of the two ends of the stretch in order to connect each stretch independently to the transformer. In fact, isolation is needed only for the central conductor wih teeth (“pukos”) between the two tracks that guide the wheels.

In order to achieve that, Märklin supplies plastic isolators, Nº 74030. You must place one at the end of one of the stretchs and one at the next piece of track, at the beginning of the other stretch, so that when you join the two pieces, the two plugs will not drive electricity. Both are the plugs closer to the centre that feed the central conductor (the ones closer to the sides are meant for the other phase of the current that feeds the wheels of the engines).
Of course, if you intend to have a permanent circuit, instead of using the special isolators, you may simply tear out with small pliers one half of the metal connections at the matching pieces of track. In any case, the other halves will not be damaged and could ensure connections if, in the future, you need to use the pieces of track normally again.

The electric wire that feeds the central conductor of each stretch may be plugged with a faston terminal (female) to the faston (male) closer to the end. Or you may use a soldering iron, as I do. Any kind of switch may be used to power each stretch.

I do not know whether this information satisfies your needs. I am ready to give further explanations or send a couple of pictures later (I have no possibility at this moment).
Offline PacoM  
#5 Posted : 23 November 2020 19:30:30(UTC)
PacoM

Spain   
I meant I have found a video here: https://www.marklin-user...5762-24994-circuit-track
I have "reported" by mistake. Sorry
Offline PacoM  
#6 Posted : 23 November 2020 19:41:39(UTC)
PacoM

Spain   
The first one, with the title "Make your own C-Track Cont..."