Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2020 12:47:39(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Used CS2 - S88 - Contact tracks when I first had my CS2 but deleted everything to do with the memory with a change of layout and didn't use it on the the new set up.

So I'm bored and fancy having another go but my brain and my memory has moved on about five years. The memory chapter in the Central Station manual is very short. Now I know there are nice books by Marklin for CS3 but I cant find one for CS2. Is there a good guide either Marklin, other publisher or a thread on here that covers my need. Tried a search but 144 pages from 2008 -2020 was a bit much!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2020 14:30:32(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Rwill
There is this Märklin book Article No. 03081 titled"Getting Started in Märklin Digital"
May be you can find it on ebay?
I use a CS2 and regarding the memory tab there is nothing so complicated
Here is the first screen in edit mode (the wrench is pressed):
memory - edit.png
In this case the itinerary B1 is selected with a name "B1 devia bus"
To the right you see the sequence of events which may be timers, a command or another itinerary.
Here is a way to edit those individual commands (you double click on one of them and can set the timing (waiting time)
memory-edit- Element u.Hilfe.png
On the screen above, below in the center you see what contact (event) will start the itinerary. Here contact 29: 2nd M88, contact 13
On the cell to the right, there is a loco approaching: this means that CLOSING the contact will trigger the itinerary.
The next cell right (Erw.) means the full triggering screen allows you to add a condition to the triggering. Here is the screen you get to when pressing "Erw"
memory-Arbeiten-Erweitert.png
In this screen the first line is to describe the TRIGGERING signal: the module#, the contact#, the triggering moment (here when occupied) and the group of sensors (here those connected to the main CS2)
The second and third lines are for OPTIONAL conditions (contact statuses) to be satisfied for the triggering to take place

Sorry my screen are in the German language
I hope this helps
cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2020 15:55:49(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Jean
Thanks for your very prompt comprehensive reply.
After posting my first post I had a go at a few things from my old memories and progressed surprisingly well.
Unfortunately my German is limited and the getting started book was always just in German. Furthermore the on screen help and instructions is mostly in German too even when the language has been set to English and of course printed book and on CS screen stuff cannot be magically translated by software. With your help and my have a go mentality I will see where we end up! I think there are too many advances and changes to the CS3 to buy the CS3 book -off course I suppose I could buy a CS3 to go with it but I suspect the wife would notice the impact on our finances!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2020 16:20:15(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
I too am tempted purchasing a CS3 but it is not cheap and I suspect it will not bring me a lot more than the CS2 especially because I use Rocrail on a connected laptop. Better buy a nice loco.
Yes purchasing the books is nice but they get outdated almost when are released (writing design & printing take a year) when s/w updates are coming more than once per year (Not for the CS2 which Märklin tries to phase out).
So-I think- the way forward is to find by oneself and to check on forums. The forums I use are this one, 3 rails forum (French) and Stummi forum (German) and I get all the answers I need.
When you see 2nd hand CS2 prices you see they are pretty much appreciated even now.
I had even to repair it once (another time I sent it to Germany to be honest)

60215 IMG_4339.JPG

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB