Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tomdakl  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2020 15:41:56(UTC)
tomdakl

New Zealand   
Hi Everybody,

I just ran into a few surprising issues running a Marklin "Roter Pfeil' on my layout. I would be very interested if other people had/have the same problems.

1) there is a little grey step underneath 2 of the doors on the car (righthand back and lefthand front, if you make the panthograph end of the train the front") . This step collides on my layout with the lanterns installed on the turnouts .

2) Whereas none of my other cars and trains inluding "long ones" like the TEE Gotthardo, or any 28.x cm coaches have a problem with 2x30 deg R1 bridges (Faller) this "Red Arrow" hits the sides of the bridge railings!

Has anybody else had similar experiences with this model? Or a similar one? I would have hoped that he H0 profile clearances are pretty well defined :-)

Thanks
Thomas

Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2020 00:04:19(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I have the 3125. It hit all the lanterns on my 5117 points but was ok on my 5140 points. I made lower substitutes for my 5117 points to fix the problem. The Red arrow is very long and the pivots for the bogies are very close to the ends causing it to hang inside the curves a long way. I get the feeling it wasn't meant to negotiate 5100[ R1 ] curves, so R1 bridges may be a no go.
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2020 00:31:33(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I have the 37869 on M-track with the small lanterns and I have not seen any collisions with turnout lanterns.. Confused It was only reboxed two weeks ago in preparation for a new layout theme. I must admit that all my turnouts are 5200 series or the 5140s.. There might be a 5137 on the approach to the industrial circuit, but I am pretty sure that the red arrow would not run on the industrial curves (5120) anyway..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline tomdakl  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2020 03:24:42(UTC)
tomdakl

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I have the 37869 on M-track with the small lanterns and I have not seen any collisions with turnout lanterns......

Thanks for the response. I should have been clearer that I'm running it on C Track and the turnouts are the 2461x i.e. the Radius 2 ones.
And the actual piece that hits the lantern is the break magnet ("Widerstrom bremse"). Click here for picture
Well, decided that no breaks are required on my layout for this train BigGrin

That the standard R1 bridges don't work is a bigger issue that will need some tinkering.
And yes is is due to the length and the positions of the bogies at the very end that this occurs. Thanks for confirming that dominator.

Offline dominator  
#5 Posted : 27 September 2020 07:31:01(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Leave the break magnets off when running then. They can get knocked off anyway. Put them back on when you stow it away or have it as an ornament. I have had to remove items from or modify various locos and carriages to make them work on my layout. You wont notice the lack of the magnet.
Like Adrian, I have M track.
Dereck

Yes Adrian. They miss the small lanterns.
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline scraigen  
#6 Posted : 28 September 2020 10:44:33(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: tomdakl Go to Quoted Post

2) Whereas none of my other cars and trains inluding "long ones" like the TEE Gotthardo, or any 28.x cm coaches have a problem with 2x30 deg R1 bridges (Faller) this "Red Arrow" hits the sides of the bridge railings!

I had this problem with my `Red Arrow` on the R1 Marklin bridge sections too, doesn't get stuck but does rub.

Must build something
Offline 60904  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2020 20:07:23(UTC)

Germany   
These little things are part of the Swiss Integra saftey system, nothing which breaks the train mechanically like electric magnetic breaks which e.g. trams have.. It is not a break magnet.
Greetings
Martin