Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 14 September 2020 18:01:28(UTC)
Minok

United States   
USA:
At this time, transport capacities to the US are considerably reduced. In light of this, special measures are required in order to maintain mail and parcel service. Please note that effective September 15, 2020, we will ship some products to the US via ocean freight until further notice. As a result, very lengthy transit times of at least 25 to 30 days should be expected. For destinations in the western United States or in remote regions, the transit time may be considerably longer.

Merchandise shipments for private customers:

Small packages and parcels without Premium Service will be sent to the US via ocean freight until further notice. From September 15, 2020, franking will only be possible online.
DHL Paket International with Premium Service remains available for faster shipping; in this case, items are shipped to the US via air freight. This product can be ordered online and in retail outlets.

(From https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html )
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Minok1217/
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2020 23:18:24(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I suspect that this is how the Insider #2 got to Australia and why it was so late..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 14 September 2020 23:36:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have had some parcels that came via airmail. The last two were shipped by OOCL via Antwerp and arrived in either Montreal or Quebec City and were put into the mail from there.
This has included both packages sent as Deutsche Post mail and as DHL small packets. I guess that if they can't find a slot in a air container, they send it by the next available means.
I heard that some airlines had increased the cargo capacity on certain routes. I don't know if this was done by reassigning planes or by converting planes to carry more cargo.

Regards

Mike C