Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline matias  
#1 Posted : 29 August 2012 11:35:42(UTC)
matias

Finland   
Hello everyone

I am new to märklin and has just purchased my new c tracks with mobile station 2.

I have a problem with the turnouts and havent found answers from the manuals.

I know that you can control 320 turnouts with the controller and I have 10 right turnouts and 10 left turnouts.

I would like to address these to 1-20 with the controller. How do I do that?

Now when I press right buttons (number 1) all 10 right turnouts turn same time and when I press left button (number 2)all 10 left turnouts turn same time. I would like to put all to own numbers so that when I choose number 1 it only moves first turn out and so on.

How do I put all 20 turnouts to mobile station? Or do I have to change something in decoder (74460) using screwdriver????

If someone could help me with this problem it would be highly appreciated

Thank you for your assistance and sorry for my english

Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 29 August 2012 11:39:19(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
You have to program the decoders to different addresses. At the moment I don't yet know how to do that. I got my MS2 last week, and I have no accessory decoders on my layout yet.

Is the information not contained in the leaflet that comes with the 74460 decoders?

Edit: -

You need to set the address with the coding switches on the decoder. See the manual here:

http://medienpdb.maerkli.../1/pdf/74460_betrieb.pdf

Copy the URL into the search field on your browser. It won't work if you just click on the link.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline 3rail4life  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2012 03:07:47(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hello Matias,

Try this link for the pdf: 74460

As Ray said you have to address each decoder with the coding switches, and I also recommend writing the number on a label and placing it on the decoder for future reference.

Gordon
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2012 11:19:46(UTC)
Goofy

Download with yours pdf doesn´t work.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline eroncelli  
#5 Posted : 30 August 2012 11:50:31(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
Try this one: it's in German but quite easy to understand:

File Attachment(s):
DecoderAdressen.xls (122kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
Offline Tower  
#6 Posted : 30 August 2012 12:03:01(UTC)
Tower

Goofy,

If you have the new 74445 decoders attached there are no dip switches to change, as far as I remember you need to add the turnouts one at a time, each time assigning the preferred address on the MS2 by switching between red and green once or twice until the turnout accepts the address assigned to it by the MS2.

I am not sure however how to reset them once they have an address assigned like in your case.

Regards

Leon
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 30 August 2012 15:46:35(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/74460_betrieb.pdf

Copy the URL into the search field on your browser. It won't work if you just click on the link.

Copy from here:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/74460_betrieb.pdf
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline joyofmarklin  
#8 Posted : 07 September 2020 02:24:19(UTC)
joyofmarklin

United States   
So I recently added some C track to run independently with my established M track. I wanted to add two pairs of turnouts so I could switch between the two C track. I had to add decoders to one pair. Information here and ajckids utube videos most helpful. However when it got to pairing with my mobile station, absolutely nothing in the manuals or hereon how to get it to work. I thought it was like a locomotive and you had to pair it up. After hours scratching my head, I am indebted to Nicolas Boutinon who reminded me to check that the MS auxiliary was set to MM!it wasn’t by default and changing it worked! I know many familiar with digital would know this, but starting out it isn’t that simple!
I agree that there is no way you could easily control multiple auxiliaries with a MS and the old switch boxes that I use with my M track is the way to go.
Hope this helps a newbie like myself to digital?