Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jvroyo65  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2020 21:48:30(UTC)
jvroyo65

Spain   
IMG_2024.JPGHello,

I have built an analog layout with old M-track and 7188 signals.
There is a small yard with 4 dead-end tracks each one with their corresponding signal. We use the installation to chose the locomotive that will leave the yard to go to the main track. The full yard is controlled by a single 32VA trafo and all sidings are occupped, each one by one loco and their cars.

I wonder if there is any way to wire the system so that, when you set the desired signal to Green, the 3 remaining signals are set automatically to Red and only one loco can go out. It should work for the next activated signal in the same way.

I haven't been able to solve the problem Confused

Thank you!

Jose.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2020 22:59:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Jose
With a CS2 or CS3 it is very easy using itineraries
S1 green, S2, S3,S4 red
S2 green ,S1 S3, S4 red
Etc
It may be combined with swicht settings
Cheers
Jean
Offline joyofmarklin  
#3 Posted : 16 October 2020 05:51:52(UTC)
joyofmarklin

United States   
Forgive me but this doesn’t really help as he is running analogue not digital. A friend of mine is working on an analogue “central station” that will control everything automatically. To me it is very complicated the process, but he is nearly there! Will report back when completed
Offline hxmiesa  
#4 Posted : 16 October 2020 08:14:46(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Something like this, maybe;
diodematrix.png
The example is shown only with 3 signals/tracks. If you understand the concept of the diode-matrix, you should be able to add the fourth... BigGrin
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline Michael4  
#5 Posted : 16 October 2020 09:53:53(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
I can't quite figure it out but isn't this a chance to make use of Marklin 6600?

I use it in such a way that the train leaving a given siding sets the signals and points so that when it comes back ( on 'shuttle') it runs into the next siding. And so on...
Offline jvroyo65  
#6 Posted : 17 October 2020 13:28:26(UTC)
jvroyo65

Spain   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
Something like this, maybe;
diodematrix.png
The example is shown only with 3 signals/tracks. If you understand the concept of the diode-matrix, you should be able to add the fourth... BigGrin

Nice circuit Henrik. It works nice with CC, but i'm trying to figure out how to use it with AC.
DIAC diodes maybe. I will try ...

Offline hxmiesa  
#7 Posted : 17 October 2020 14:58:26(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: jvroyo65 Go to Quoted Post
Nice circuit Henrik. It works nice with CC, but i'm trying to figure out how to use it with AC.
DIAC diodes maybe. I will try ...

It will work with the standard AC trafo too, BUT you need to install 1 additional diode at the upper left corner (feeding the Push-Buttons).

In any case, this whole idea is not a desirable solution IMHO!
It would PROBABLY be more practical with a button setting all 4 signals to RED, and 4 buttons to set each signal individually to GREEN.
I mean; You might want to park all for 4 trains, and still be able to run some 5th or 6th train on the oval, independently.
ALSO, there is the problem with the switches; Even though you invent a system to set the signals with a single push-button, you STILL need to set all the switches/points on the way to that particular track too. If you want to make a circuit for setting the signals, you should at least include setting of these switches too! Then the circuit will grow exponentially in complexity, and the simple half-wave DC that you can make with diodes, will no longer be enough for driving so many solenoids at the same time. You would definitely need a DC source, as you already where saying. THAT will lead you to possible problems of magnetizing the core of the solenoids after prolonged operation time.

¿Why not just use the good old 7072 control boxes, and get on with it? LOL (KISS principle...)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com