Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GaryTrooper  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2020 12:22:38(UTC)
GaryTrooper

United States   
I have seen several discussions on the forum about using two rail vs. three rail, AC vs. DC, K track vs. C track, non Marklin track, similar to K track which can run both two and three rail locomotives on the same track, but not at the same time, but I can't find the threads because the search words are so common.

Can someone point me in right direction to those discussion threads?

Edited by user 26 March 2020 17:56:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

G - LGB
O - Lionel and MTH
HO - Marklin
N - Mix of manufacturers mostly Kato
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2020 19:31:17(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: GaryTrooper Go to Quoted Post
I have seen several discussions on the forum about using two rail vs. three rail, AC vs. DC, K track vs. C track, non Marklin track, similar to K track which can run both two and three rail locomotives on the same track, but not at the same time, but I can't find the threads because the search words are so common.

Can someone point me in right direction to those discussion threads?

Gary, while the forum search function is helpful, you may get better results by using google search.

Paste this line exactly into your browser and you will get a number of "hits" which at first glance seem to cover what you want.

"AC and DC, two rail and three rail operation site: marklin-users.net" (without the quotes)

You will still need to check each of them of course but it could save some time.

What the search does is tell Google to search for any of the words specified, AND to restrict the search only to the site/domain named Marklin-users.net

When you find a thread that you think you might like to return to in future, you can either tag it as a favourite topic in your forum profile, or, saved it as a bookmark in your browser. I have a specific folder in my browser called MU favourites (or similar) and it's great.

If you want to get really specific you can delve into the whole "Boolean search" arena to specify specific words or terms you want to include or exclude from your search but that is a whole 'nother topic that I know only in a most rudimentary way.

I'm sure others may chime in here with more help and their own suggestions.

Hope this helps BigGrin

PS this is the actual full URL copied from the address bar on my specific tablet (an older iPad using Chrome Browser) which should work as a link just as if you had typed the above search in manually....

https://www.google.com/search?q=AC+and+DC%2C+two+rail+and+three+rail+operation+site%3A+marklin-users.net&rlz=1C9BKJA_enNZ780NZ780&oq=AC+and+DC%2C+two+rail+and+three+rail+operation+site%3A+marklin-users.net&aqs=chrome..69i57.36731j0j8&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline hvc  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2020 06:03:31(UTC)
hvc

Australia   
I mostly do the same as Cookee for searching - here's a suggested one for you that turns up some interesting threads...

https://www.google.com/s...switch+to+2+rail+running

although be aware that Google can't search the whole forum - some areas like "My Layout" can only be viewed by forum members. Google can't index these and so they won't turn up in a Google search.

- Herman
- Herman
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hvc
Offline GaryTrooper  
#4 Posted : 27 March 2020 08:25:39(UTC)
GaryTrooper

United States   
Originally Posted by: hvc Go to Quoted Post
I mostly do the same as Cookee for searching - here's a suggested one for you that turns up some interesting threads...

https://www.google.com/s...switch+to+2+rail+running

although be aware that Google can't search the whole forum - some areas like "My Layout" can only be viewed by forum members. Google can't index these and so they won't turn up in a Google search.

- Herman

Thank you Herman.

Your set of search results got me to what I was looking for.

https://www.marklin-user...08-K-track-for-2-rail-DC

Regards,

Gary
G - LGB
O - Lionel and MTH
HO - Marklin
N - Mix of manufacturers mostly Kato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GaryTrooper
hvc
Offline lewistrain  
#5 Posted : 28 March 2020 03:56:39(UTC)
lewistrain

Australia   
depending on what you want to do it isnt hard to set up a 2 rail lok to run on 2 and 3 rail with one switch.
i have done this with a few loks and some coaches with lights.
i have a post on it somewhere.
not hard
LOLOLOL they are just toys, grow up and play with them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by lewistrain