Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2020 16:47:52(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello EveryoneBigGrin BigGrin
Yesterday Finnish government informed all Finnish people that from 18.03.2020 to 13.04.2020 Finland will enter into force in exceptional circumstances due to the spread of Corona virus.Scared Scared Scared

Over 70 years old people should be at home during that time with only few exceptions.

So I am after few days 70 years old and I have to spend all the days inside doing something.

Well I am glad to inform you that Märklins new book is here at my home and I am going to translate the whole book into English for myself. Copyright says that I cannot publish it but after that job I can tell all of you whether the book is worth of buying or not.ThumpUp ThumpUp.
I bought latest version of ADOBE and I have scanner so I can do all this quite easily, much of time it takes though. ADOBE ACROBAT DC is developed to very interesting state. I can use very efficiently ADOBEs functions to make pages which looks just the same as they are in the book.( with picture and all, well . . . pictures cannot be translated I'm afraid).

Now that I've been browsing a book from cover to cover and 20 pages of translation done, I can say that the book really worth getting.( took four hours to make twenty pagesWoot Woot )

I hope that YOU ALL ARE healthy in spite of Corona thread.

Regards
Jukka
thanks 21 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 19 March 2020 08:20:05(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello!
After two days hard work I have translated only 40 pages. Here some details:

- If you are going to do this kind of work be sure your scanner is configured optimal way. I realized that if scanner is not in optimal shape ADOBE DC is not working perfect.
- I tried to translate also text within the pictures, it works alright but it take so much time that I almost went crazyCrying Crying . So if You do translation don't try to make it too perfect.

Then the Book itself. . . It is very good, fine pictures, good German language for translating with Google, really interesting information about Software 2.0 and more broadly about the entire Märklin digital family. I think though, that it might be so that Märklin is not very keen on translating official English version because there is the Software and hardware( CS3 ) together capable of a lot of advanced features like being compared to Windigipet software with CS3. So sometimes in the future more is coming from Märklin . . . I thinkThumpUp ThumpUp

I put here one picture so you can see what I mean about fine pictures

Marklin23.pdf (374kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

And even though I have done much work with my CS3Plus now I realize that to get more from CS3 and its features using this book, my old brains and time ( now I have time because of Corona).

I try to be positive even the world is a mess and I myself am now in isolation at home, but still healthy.ThumpUp
I hope you all are in positive mode

Regards
Jukka
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline rhfil  
#3 Posted : 19 March 2020 14:51:13(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
What is the book? Could you post the name so we can watch for it?
Offline ktsolias  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2020 15:07:08(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2020 15:15:41(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Thanks. Will look forward to the English version.
Offline Zme  
#6 Posted : 19 March 2020 15:56:07(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello, Thanks. Can the information in this book be applied to the small z scale layouts?
Offline Crazy Harry  
#7 Posted : 19 March 2020 18:29:20(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Originally Posted by: d_landen@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post
Hello, Thanks. Can the information in this book be applied to the small z scale layouts?

The book is specific to the CS3/CS3+ digital controller with the latest updates - if you have converted your z scale to digital and use this controller then it is applicable.

Harold.
Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 25 March 2020 11:49:12(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone.

I have now translated all MAIN text pages of Märklin 03083 book. There is still few pages with pictures an small icons etc. whic all have some text under them Translating these will take few days but after remaining days it is perfectThumpUp ThumpUp .
Page layouts are similar to Märklins own book, pages are individual PDF-pages which of course I put together. All text has been translated using Google translator and as far as I can understand language is quite good. Google is well on the way to developing a translation program.

This job was my idea and results are only for me, BECAUSE OF COPY WRITE DIRECTIONS. I say this hoping that Märklin people would follow this forum and use my free work in order to make English language book of 03083 as soon as possible.Cool Cool .

This book is good and worth buying if you understand German language, or have time to translate it. There is one major lack of very important information though:
Not a single word about advanced route automation, nothing about conditional automation. I understand this problem. . . this area is most probably "Under Construction" and will be published later.

During next few days I will do this job ready and continue just consume time at home.( The world will be more and more crazy in coming times because this virus hassling, so . . .

Be careful and wash Your hands

Regards
Jukka
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by siroljuk