Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline twmarklinfan  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2019 21:23:47(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 08/05/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
For some time I have been looking at the 37786 set. According to the information on the Marklin web site it is fitted with an MFX decoder with up to 32 controllable functions. Has anyone updated their model to add additional sounds?
In particular I would want to add motor sounds.
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2019 21:47:58(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Joined: 28/11/2007(UTC)
Posts: 6,310
Location: Montreal, QC
According to the Maerklin site, this model is equipped with Maerklin's OEM MFX decoder and has a number of functions. I do not know if you can modify/add functions to this decoder.
I don't know which decoders can be modified using the Maerklin programmer and whether it can be changed through a Central Station.

There is probably a ESU decoder with sound for the ICE 3. I don't know what modifications might be required to install that one in the Maerklin trainset.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2019 22:57:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 23/07/2014(UTC)
Posts: 4,398
Location: ENGLAND, Didcot
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
According to the Maerklin site, this model is equipped with Maerklin's OEM MFX decoder and has a number of functions. I do not know if you can modify/add functions to this decoder.
I don't know which decoders can be modified using the Maerklin programmer and whether it can be changed through a Central Station.

There is probably a ESU decoder with sound for the ICE 3. I don't know what modifications might be required to install that one in the Maerklin trainset.

Regards

Mike C


The OEM decoders are locked from having sound updates, and you cannot get the original sound file to attach new sounds to anyway. I can't understand what sounds you would want to add anyway, surely it has motor sounds?

I don't recall seeing an ESU ICE3 sound project, but then I haven't been looking for one in my browsing of their projects. It would be worth seeing if Marklin have an ICE3 project in their sound library for the msd/3 decoder.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2019 23:55:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 16,651
Location: New Zealand
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I don't recall seeing an ESU ICE3 sound project......


Of course ESU have an ICE3 sound file - I used it when I converted my 34780 ICE3 to full digital running

https://www.marklin-user...-ICE3-digital-conversion

There's an ICE1 sound file in Marklin's collection of electric loco sound file collection but no ICE3. You might be able to make something up yourself using the Programming Tool.

https://www.maerklin.de/...hruest-decoder-mld3msd3/

Offline twmarklinfan  
#5 Posted : 10 August 2019 00:13:09(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 08/05/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
The OEM decoders are locked from having sound updates, and you cannot get the original sound file to attach new sounds to anyway. I can't understand what sounds you would want to add anyway, surely it has motor sounds?


Hi Alan, unfortunately it doesn’t
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 10 August 2019 01:54:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 16,651
Location: New Zealand
Well, that's a bit lousy.......

Capture.JPG

The best you might be able to do then is open up the powered car and see what kind of decoder interface is on the MTC board. If it is a 21 pin interface, you should be able to perform a direct swap for the Marklin decoder with an ESU Loksound decoder with ICE3 sound loaded.

Assuming you were buying a Loksound 5, you would go for

ESU 58419 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 "blank decoder", 21MTC NEM6660, with speaker 11x15mm, gauge: 0, H0

Then load it up with the ICE3 sounds

http://projects.esu.eu/p...s/search?cat=7&q=ICE
Offline twmarklinfan  
#7 Posted : 10 August 2019 14:58:45(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 08/05/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's a bit lousy.......

Capture.JPG

The best you might be able to do then is open up the powered car and see what kind of decoder interface is on the MTC board. If it is a 21 pin interface, you should be able to perform a direct swap for the Marklin decoder with an ESU Loksound decoder with ICE3 sound loaded.

Assuming you were buying a Loksound 5, you would go for

ESU 58419 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 "blank decoder", 21MTC NEM6660, with speaker 11x15mm, gauge: 0, H0

Then load it up with the ICE3 sounds

http://projects.esu.eu/p...s/search?cat=7&q=ICE


I don’t have a programmer but I have found a spare 37788 decoder which should give me the solution.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 10 August 2019 23:52:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 16,651
Location: New Zealand
Normally, a dealer should be able to program the decoder for you when they sell it if you tell them what sounds you want.

Good that you've got a solution.
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.379 seconds.