Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2019 14:08:37(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, just been thinking about how to go about buying Marklin without incurring a huge VAT bill after October 31st as it looks like the UK will leave the European Union without a deal. Is there anyone from the USA, Australia and New Zealand, who has any ideas on this. I thought that buying from Switzerland might be an option? Any ideas??
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2019 14:29:11(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
It might be time to leave Pommy Land and come Down Under.. GST = 10% down here.. Smile

I am pretty sure that the East Islander's version of GST is cheaper than VAT too.. BigGrin
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2019 14:33:13(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Yep it’s sounds appealing 👍😁 I cant get a Eurostar to Belgium, to train spot thoughBigGrin Blink
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Rwill  
#4 Posted : 31 July 2019 15:17:16(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I hope you are wrong!

Surely at present the price we pay our German dealer includes his standard 19% VAT and no more when it arrives in the UK.

If we go no deal then after Nov 1 the dealer will charge no vat but on entry to the UK HMRC will look to take 20% UK Vat before letting the goods be delivered to your house So yes the price goes up by 1% and we have fannying around to pay the tax
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline Big.Hand  
#5 Posted : 31 July 2019 15:29:15(UTC)
Big.Hand

Germany   
...maybe you find someone who's gonna buy it for you inside the EC and send it as e. g. (b-day)-present to GB...
Got a lot of items from the ebay.co.uk in the last years, I'm very sad about loosing this choice.
....always thought this Boris is comedian ;-), but now it's getting serious....
Still belive in the european idea, and hope that GB will stay in the EC...so as all my native english friends here in Germany do...
Have a lot of fun
Micha =:-)
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Big.Hand
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 31 July 2019 15:31:45(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Almost no difference in the VAT. However there will be extra charges in order to forward the item to us. Not sure what it will be for model rail but it wont be cheap.
I would not buy from Switzerland unless somebody can find a decent dealer who can pack properly and give good service. Might well have to pay Gaugemaster which will be even more expensive that as at present thanks to the value of the pound etc.
I am buying before October as much as I think I need.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline danmarklinman  
#7 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:18:50(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
I hope you are wrong!

Surely at present the price we pay our German dealer includes his standard 19% VAT and no more when it arrives in the UK.

If we go no deal then after Nov 1 the dealer will charge no vat but on entry to the UK HMRC will look to take 20% UK Vat before letting the goods be delivered to your house So yes the price goes up by 1% and we have fannying around to pay the tax

Thanks for that. If that’s right it will not cost all that much more then if it’s just the 1% difference? It’s just, as you say. The annoying bit of paying the 20% to get the parcel. Although the pound will be worth bugger all by thenGlare Crying stupid politicians Cursing
There’s always the excuse, to get on a Eurostar to Paris with some birthday or Christmas rapping paper and visit Au Pullman on Rue du Amsterdam:-)LOL LOL Love
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:36:11(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Gibraltar has never been in the customs union, so no difference for us.

You'll find in the UK that the deduction of VAT and the addition of import duty may well balance out, but you'll also probably find that parcels containing second hand goods may well not incur import duty at all and then you'll be better off!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#9 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:52:40(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Almost no difference in the VAT. However there will be extra charges in order to forward the item to us. Not sure what it will be for model rail but it wont be cheap.
I would not buy from Switzerland unless somebody can find a decent dealer who can pack properly and give good service. Might well have to pay Gaugemaster which will be even more expensive that as at present thanks to the value of the pound etc.
I am buying before October as much as I think I need.

It seems to be pot luck with charges. Anything that gets close to the Royal Mail gets about £8.50 stuck on for processing through the HMRC sheds. Other carriers seem to get through without. I had a parcel valued over £18 delivered from the USA that came in without any additions but that was unusual.

1% extra in VAT but you will have to pay it here. The likes of Lippe with send without German VAT.

David
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LongHairedDavid
Offline danmarklinman  
#10 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:54:15(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

You'll find in the UK that the deduction of VAT and the addition of import duty may well balance out, but you'll also probably find that parcels containing second hand goods may well not incur import duty at all and then you'll be better off!

Why will second hand stuff be vat free?
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Rwill  
#11 Posted : 31 July 2019 18:43:38(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
I hope you are wrong!

Thanks for that. If that’s right it will not cost all that much more then if it’s just the 1% difference? It’s just, as you say. The annoying bit of paying the 20% to get the parcel. Although the pound will be worth bugger all by thenGlare Crying stupid politicians Cursing
There’s always the excuse, to get on a Eurostar to Paris with some birthday or Christmas rapping paper and visit Au Pullman on Rue du Amsterdam:-)LOL LOL Love

I think you will find that is different too. Au Pullman or LIppe or whoever will charge you as a personal caller their standard price (ie including the "local" vat). They will then give you a form to claim back that Vat by queuing at the Euro star terminal or Airport to get the local Vat back which frankly is a pain. You then decide to wrap it up as a pressie or sacre-bleu discard the packaging and hide it in your pants in your suitcase and tell the Uk customs you have nothing to declare which risks a fine and forfeiture of the goods.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline Rwill  
#12 Posted : 31 July 2019 19:11:16(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Hey I think we need to take advice from our webmaster/senior administrators shortly. I started and have got involved in two threads about UK post 31October -"the forbidden topic" Both have been very specifically about Marklin purchasing in this connection. However it is very easy (and has happened once above) for the thread to get side tracked into the whole broader issues of this topic which I believe would be wrong for this forum. If "Management" decree the whole issue is forbidden I will certainly respect it
Offline Minok  
#13 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:00:30(UTC)
Minok

United States   
One option would be to take a ferry over to Ireland, find a Märklin dealer there and buy your stuff and then see how to get it back into the UK without incurring the WTO level tarrifs; then you 'd be still paying the EU VAT (when you purchase in Ireland), but that may be better than non-VAT but WTO MFN level tariffs.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline danmarklinman  
#14 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:10:34(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
I hope you are wrong!

I think you will find that is different too. Au Pullman or LIppe or whoever will charge you as a personal caller their standard price (ie including the "local" vat). They will then give you a form to claim back that Vat by queuing at the Euro star terminal or Airport to get the local Vat back which frankly is a pain. You then decide to wrap it up as a pressie or sacre-bleu discard the packaging and hide it in your pants in your suitcase and tell the Uk customs you have nothing to declare which risks a fine and forfeiture of the goods.

So as I understand it. If I do mail order, I don’t pay tax at there end. But I do pay tax on the parcel delivery??
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:20:22(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

Why will second hand stuff be vat free?

I didn't say that. I said that they might not charge you import duty.

On new purchases from say Lokshop, I get the VAT refunded on purchase, and when it arrives at my local post office I may or may not be charged import duty, depending on the good will of the customs officer on duty.

On second hand purchases from eBay I rarely get charged import duty. The price that I pay is the price that I paid eBay. No extra VAT is charged.
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline danmarklinman  
#16 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:29:11(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Cool 😎 thanks for clarifying that Ray. I hope the uk follows suit with that👍
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Jabez  
#17 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:44:53(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
One option would be to take a ferry over to Ireland,

France or Belgium are closer and more convenient than Ireland for most, and more likely to have Maerklin dealers. If it were me, I'd wait and see.

I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline David Dewar  
#18 Posted : 31 July 2019 21:09:42(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Considering the cost of transport to Europe you would need to buy a lot of stuff to save cash and you would still need to pay on returning with a suitcase full of Marklin. If going on holiday it might be worth buying a loco and forgetting about it when you go through customs but that of course is an offence.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Rwill  
#19 Posted : 31 July 2019 22:24:06(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
One option would be to take a ferry over to Ireland, find a Märklin dealer there and buy your stuff and then see how to get it back into the UK without incurring the WTO level tarrifs; then you 'd be still paying the EU VAT (when you purchase in Ireland), but that may be better than non-VAT but WTO MFN level tariffs.

Quite a few problems with this "solution" including the well known fact that the Marklin database list no dealers in the UK - I think Guagemaster think of themselves as an importer rather than a dealer. But to get to the point the database does not list a country called Ireland although it is on their map!!!!! but of course they list no dealers

Offline danmarklinman  
#20 Posted : 31 July 2019 23:04:38(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Considering the cost of transport to Europe you would need to buy a lot of stuff to save cash and you would still need to pay on returning with a suitcase full of Marklin. If going on holiday it might be worth buying a loco and forgetting about it when you go through customs but that of course is an offence.

I’d do it just for the train ride:-) you might of course not get stopped. I’ve not yet been stopped coming through St Pancras from a trip to Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam. Amsterdam or the Netherlands in general, being another great place to buy Marklin:-)
I intend to visit the Railway museum in Utrecht for the day by Eurostar which is easily done from my home in Northamptonshire and whilst I’m there. I could visit a Marklin shop, pick a loco up and come home on a great way to travel👍😁 hopefully I will not get stopped? But it looks like mail order is still the way to go. And it will be pot luck if you will get charged?
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Minok  
#21 Posted : 31 July 2019 23:14:21(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Quite a few problems with this "solution" including the well known fact that the Marklin database list no dealers in the UK - I think Guagemaster think of themselves as an importer rather than a dealer. But to get to the point the database does not list a country called Ireland although it is on their map!!!!! but of course they list no dealers

Oh, well. A mail drop in Ireland?
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline applor  
#22 Posted : 01 August 2019 00:14:33(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Is there anyone from the USA, Australia and New Zealand, who has any ideas on this.

Not a problem in Australia since VAT is deducted and purchases under $1000 do not incur 10% GST.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 01 August 2019 10:30:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Not a problem in Australia since VAT is deducted and purchases under $1000 do not incur 10% GST.

$400 limit ($700 if you carry it across the border) here, GST is 15%.

The NZ Government has some fandangled scheme that comes into force in December which supposedly means that retailers worldwide including Germany are meant to collect GST on behalf of the NZ Government if they are selling more than $60,000 NZD worth of goods to New Zealanders and pay that GST to the NZ Government. While the eBay's and Amazons of this world may do this, I can't see mum and dad MRR retailers wanting to or even knowing they are meant to collect GST on behalf of the NZ Government.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Legless  
#24 Posted : 01 August 2019 11:32:33(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
I think I’ve came up with a great idea.
You buy the loco’s, carriages and wagons.
Send them directly to the members down under including the east Australian islanders to use at their discretion.
After 6 months we send them back at your expense under second hand birthday presents.
No VAT.
Problem solved.
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Legless
Offline David Dewar  
#25 Posted : 01 August 2019 12:46:00(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Legless Go to Quoted Post
I think I’ve came up with a great idea.
You buy the loco’s, carriages and wagons.
Send them directly to the members down under including the east Australian islanders to use at their discretion.
After 6 months we send them back at your expense under second hand birthday presents.
No VAT.
Problem solved.

Sounds OK. We will advise the rental charge for use of the items for 6 months. Usually around 50% of the retail cost plus any postal expenses etc. The initial cost of the items will be met by yourself and the 50% refunded when we receive the goods.
You can give us your bank details now to save time after October 31st.
Great idea. Well done.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline danmarklinman  
#26 Posted : 01 August 2019 14:18:25(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
LOL LOL Blink I don’t think I can weight that long:-)
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline RayF  
#27 Posted : 01 August 2019 15:23:19(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
There is a small town in France with a cafe in the main square. The owner, a man called Rene, will help you smuggle any Marklin purchases back to England. His code name is "Night hawk"...

Ray
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#28 Posted : 01 August 2019 15:41:38(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

There is a small town in France with a cafe in the main square. The owner, a man called Rene, will help you smuggle any Marklin purchases back to England. His code name is "Night hawk"...

I couldn't use his services as I have a "dicky ticker"!
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by LongHairedDavid
Offline applor  
#29 Posted : 02 August 2019 03:08:44(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post

The NZ Government has some fandangled scheme that comes into force in December which supposedly means that retailers worldwide including Germany are meant to collect GST on behalf of the NZ Government if they are selling more than $60,000 NZD worth of goods to New Zealanders and pay that GST to the NZ Government. While the eBay's and Amazons of this world may do this, I can't see mum and dad MRR retailers wanting to or even knowing they are meant to collect GST on behalf of the NZ Government.

This is the same as in Australia, except its supposedly $70,000. Thing is online european model train shops aren't doing that much trade to Aus, or if they are the government would need to enforce it and require those retailers to collect 10% GST on their behalf which won't happen.

In short it only really applies to the big players such as amazon, ebay and other large retailers where the government will gain a substantial income from the 10% GST and that is all they care about.
Model train shops aren't anywhere near their radar.

modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline danmarklinman  
#30 Posted : 02 August 2019 09:21:18(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

Watch out for the gendarmerie pissing by the doorLOL LOL LOL
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline RayF  
#31 Posted : 02 August 2019 09:34:47(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

Watch out for the gendarmerie pissing by the doorLOL LOL LOL

BigGrin
Ray
Offline Minok  
#32 Posted : 02 August 2019 20:44:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Shocked! I'm socked there is tax evasion going on in this establishment!
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Webmaster  
#33 Posted : 02 August 2019 21:42:45(UTC)
Webmaster

Hey I think we need to take advice from our webmaster/senior administrators shortly. I started and have got involved in two threads about UK post 31October -"the forbidden topic" Both have been very specifically about Marklin purchasing in this connection. However it is very easy (and has happened once above) for the thread to get side tracked into the whole broader issues of this topic which I believe would be wrong for this forum. If "Management" decree the whole issue is forbidden I will certainly respect it

I think this is very ok to discuss the arisen issue for our UK members, as long as it is serious (ok, some friendly banter of course allowed).
Could you please give the moderators a chance by pressing the "Report" on a post in that other topic and tell us what has gone wrong?

We do try to keep up with posts, but since it's a quite an active forum it's not always so easy, so unless we are alerted via the "Report" button (which the moderator on duty can take care of) the "administration response" can linger for a while until moderators actively search or find specific things...

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline mike c  
#34 Posted : 03 August 2019 02:11:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you are a Maerklin collector or modeller in the UK and are worried about the post Brexit possibilities, here are a few things to consider:

1) After Brexit, the UKP drops to near parity with the Euro or the USD. As a protective measure, you can bank some Euros today so that you don't lose any relative buying power.

2) Worried about duties after Brexit. Most countries do not have duty on model trains, so you probably don't have to worry about this.

The way I look at it, it makes sense to put some Euros aside if you can afford it. Maybe prepare your 2020 train budget before October...

Your politicians are taking you on a ride... Sit back and let your trains help you de-stress.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Carim  
#35 Posted : 03 August 2019 18:40:08(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Most countries do not have duty on model trains, so you probably don't have to worry about this.

At the moment, we have to pay VAT on any item over £15 if we buy it from a non-EU country. Model trains are not exempt - I have had to pay duty on trains I bought from Japan and then the Post Office hits you with an extra "service charge".
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Carim
Offline RayF  
#36 Posted : 03 August 2019 18:52:09(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Carim Go to Quoted Post
Most countries do not have duty on model trains, so you probably don't have to worry about this.

At the moment, we have to pay VAT on any item over £15 if we buy it from a non-EU country. Model trains are not exempt - I have had to pay duty on trains I bought from Japan and then the Post Office hits you with an extra "service charge".

You won't have to pay VAT after Brexit will you? That's only for countries in the customs union. The UK will have to decide on a whole new range of tariffs for import duty, so maybe toys will have a reduced rate?
Ray
Offline David Dewar  
#37 Posted : 03 August 2019 20:08:01(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

You won't have to pay VAT after Brexit will you? That's only for countries in the customs union. The UK will have to decide on a whole new range of tariffs for import duty, so maybe toys will have a reduced rate?

Ray I don't think there is much doubt that the UK will pay VAT and also a charge for the service provided to collect it !!!

The thinking here will be if you can buy model trains then you can afford to pay Tax and services charges. We will end up making Gaugemaster millionaires.
Offline Carim  
#38 Posted : 03 August 2019 20:49:30(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF;597413l

You won't have to pay VAT after Brexit will you? That' Go to Quoted Post

OMG! We may have to pay VAT and tariffs! - might have to switch to model planes LOL
Offline RayF  
#39 Posted : 03 August 2019 20:49:45(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

Ray I don't think there is much doubt that the UK will pay VAT and also a charge for the service provided to collect it !!!

The thinking here will be if you can buy model trains then you can afford to pay Tax and services charges. We will end up making Gaugemaster millionaires.

I must not be understanding VAT then. As I understood it UK introduced VAT as a consequence of joining the EEC, as did other countries. I know that Spain did so too as I well remember when they joined. The charge in Spanish is called IVA, but it stands for the same thing. Why would you need to pay VAT when you are no longer a member of the EU?

Duty is a separate tax which has always been charged on imports from third party states. Duty on different goods carries different tariffs depending on how much the government want to encourage or discourage its importation or use. For example the UK government charges huge amounts of duty on tobacco.
Ray
Offline David Dewar  
#40 Posted : 03 August 2019 21:09:27(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

I must not be understanding VAT then. As I understood it UK introduced VAT as a consequence of joining the EEC, as did other countries. I know that Spain did so too as I well remember when they joined. The charge in Spanish is called IVA, but it stands for the same thing. Why would you need to pay VAT when you are no longer a member of the EU?

Duty is a separate tax which has always been charged on imports from third party states. Duty on different goods carries different tariffs depending on how much the government want to encourage or discourage its importation or use. For example the UK government charges huge amounts of duty on tobacco.

UK Government control VAT and can charge what rate and on what goods they wish. Import duty is different and at present under EU rules which will change after Brexit. VAT will remain after Brexit but it is unlikely it will be reduced for toys. Certain foods are VAT free and some childrens clothes. A business has a turnover threshold after which they must register for VAT.
Depending on which government is in power I would not be surprised if the rate toys was increased.
VAT is the second largest tax intake for the UK. Previously we had purchase tax at various rates but this would cost too much now to change the system.
The tax system in the UK is a minefield which keeps accountants and myself (thankfully retired for years) in business.
Anyway I am buying Marklin now and other than the odd new loco don't really need much else.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 03 August 2019 22:58:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Being outside the European Union won't stop the government claiming VAT. It is just a sales tax under another name, and is a convenient way to collect it. What may happen is the rates may get varied between categories of goods which cannot currently be done under EU rules.

New Zealand has a charge very similar to VAT, they call it GST (Goods and Services Tax), and it operates just the same as VAT. But they have never been part of the EU but still see fit to levy the charge in the same way.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mvd71  
#42 Posted : 04 August 2019 08:14:07(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Without wanting to be a trouble maker, I would say the way forward would be to have a referendum and stay IN THE EU!
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline jerdenberg  
#43 Posted : 04 August 2019 09:33:47(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Being outside the European Union won't stop the government claiming VAT. It is just a sales tax under another name, and is a convenient way to collect it. What may happen is the rates may get varied between categories of goods which cannot currently be done under EU rules.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. In the Netherlands we have VAT at two levels (originally one for essential commodities and one for "luxury things", but the distinction makes no sense anymore): one recently raised from 6% to 9%, the other 21%. Other EU countries have their own, different VAT level(s), e.g., Denmark has a uniform 25% VAT.

Jeroen

Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.
Offline danmarklinman  
#44 Posted : 04 August 2019 10:10:26(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
Without wanting to be a trouble maker, I would say the way forward would be to have a referendum and stay IN THE EU!

Yes it would, but the right wing have taken control? It’s not going to happen 😱
I already have my Xmas and Birthday stuff bought and sitting weighting LOL LOL LOL Flapper
What bugs me. Is there are at least two Marklin freight cars, due out after the 31st. 😑🤪☹️☹️
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#45 Posted : 04 August 2019 12:10:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic and not digress into politics, which is verboten in the forum.

Otherwise, as you were!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Rwill  
#46 Posted : 04 August 2019 12:24:29(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Oops just spent ten minutes raising the blood pressure writing a couple of paragraphs - just about to press POST and noticed the words in blue

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline TEEWolf  
#47 Posted : 04 August 2019 18:59:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post

Well, without wanting to be a trouble maker - than you have to move to the EU and leave NZ forever!Laugh
Offline Harryv40  
#48 Posted : 04 August 2019 20:19:41(UTC)
Harryv40

United Kingdom   
I love Ray F comments!
Some of us are a bit older and remember when Corporal Jones said’they don’t like it up them’.

I will be ordering via our Scottish members when Nicola S gets her referendum!

But with the latest price from Marklin, breaking and entering will be the only way I can afford to buy anything soon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harryv40
Offline RayF  
#49 Posted : 04 August 2019 20:41:05(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Harryv40 Go to Quoted Post
I love Ray F comments!
Some of us are a bit older and remember when Corporal Jones said’they don’t like it up them’.

Thanks Harry, I'm not sure quite what you mean but I'll take it as a compliment.

I think I may be mistaken about the UK implementation of VAT, so I apologise if I've misled anyone. In any case I'd like to think that the UK government will be keen to show that being out of the EU will not result in higher taxes! ...otherwise what was the point?

Ray
Offline David Dewar  
#50 Posted : 04 August 2019 21:22:16(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Maybe if we got together as a group in the UK and ordered from a UK dealer (Gaugemaster) they would give us a discount. However I cant remember Gaugemaster ever giving any type of discount. Buying in bulk usually is welcomed by a business .
Perhaps I will just move to Germany and explain to my wife that it is nothing to do with model rail but just a change of scenery and better weather.