Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mattj70  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2019 20:25:33(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
Hello,

I have had my Swiss Starter set for a long time? 2009? 08? don't recall when I bought the Central Station. My Mobile Station still works fine, however the Central Station has lots of issues running???? Engines stop, go, stop??? I have attempted to update the unit in past with no luck. Again attempted today. I paid? around $700 for it new. I have cleaned tracks C-tracks, I have removed Central Station, then put on Mobile Station run same engine on track only runs fine. The same tracks same engine Central couldn't seem to make go?

Is it time to pony up and buy newer unit? or just live with Mobile Station.

I never did anything with Central Station other than run engines, never programmed anything else, or designed track, programmed switches etc. Just entered engines and ran them.

Any ideas?

Matt
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2019 20:38:34(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Have you checked all the wiring from the CS to the track. Might be worth renewing that. If you are not using the facilities of the CS then probably a MS is the way to go. However if you want to add all or some of the things a CS can do then go for a CS3 but first make sure that it is only a small problem with your CS2. which can easily be sorted.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline mattj70  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2019 20:56:27(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
wiring seems to me to be perfect, however I'm no electrician
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2019 21:41:39(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mattj70 Go to Quoted Post
wiring seems to me to be perfect, however I'm no electrician

How did you connect your MS 2 to your layout? Via a track box or did you connect the MS 2 into your CS 2 and your CS 2 is connected to the layout? If you used a track box, try it via your CS 2 again, please.
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2019 22:04:51(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Do you have the MS connected to the CS when the problem arises?
If so, since a couple of upgrades I have troubles like that when running with a 60125 and MS connected to it. A bug in the CAN seems likely to me. Solved running the CS with nothing attached to it.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline mattj70  
#6 Posted : 01 March 2019 22:07:10(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
no luck there? good idea! I am testing my engine collection on the Mobile Station from Swiss set 29481 almost all engines work, I think I may have programmed some engine to addresses I don't know now? Have to figure that out as well.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 02 March 2019 12:25:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
What power supply are you using with the cs2?

Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 02 March 2019 12:36:23(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
If you have connected terminal 60125 or 60126 to the CS then take it away and try if that helps.

I have few months ago a slightly broken terminal 60125 connected and symptoms were just like yours.
'
Regards

Jukka
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 02 March 2019 19:19:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Check the polarity of the track output wires from your CS2 to the track against the picture given in the CS2 manual. Getting that wrong can cause weird things to happen.
Offline jaseguvi  
#10 Posted : 02 March 2019 21:08:30(UTC)
jaseguvi

Goodnight. I had the same problem with the previous update, I have updated to 4.2.8 and everything works OK.
Luck
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 02 March 2019 21:52:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: jaseguvi Go to Quoted Post

Goodnight. I had the same problem with the previous update, I have updated to 4.2.8 and everything works OK.

Really??

That sounds like an incomplete or corrupted update. I've never had any issues with any of the updates.
Offline mike c  
#12 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:27:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
1) Perform an update on your CS to make sure that it has the complete/non-corrupted software.
I don't know if there is a procedure to undo a prior update or whether the only solution is to reinstall the latest version.

2) Connect the leads for the programming/test track and see if that functions correctly.

3) Connect the leads for the layout (to a test track) and see if that functions correctly. If yes, connect to your normal layout and see if everything works as intended.

If that fails, send an email to digital(at)marlin.com with a description of the problem and see if Marklin's experts can be of assistance.

Regards

Mike C

Offline jaseguvi  
#13 Posted : 03 March 2019 19:50:53(UTC)
jaseguvi

IMG_5021.JPG
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Really??

That sounds like an incomplete or corrupted update. I've never had any issues with any of the updates.

Yes, really.
Story
1, I update to 4-2-1 with pendrive.
2, I put the model to work. at ten minutes, the center is off. I look at everything and everything, everything OK. I turn everything OK again.
3, several days with the same failure.
4, I update via internet.
6, I put the model to work and now it restarts itself. sometimes at five minutes other times at ninety.
7. spend several days and I return to update.
8. BINGO! a warning appears on the screen and it is restarted.
9. More days and new update. I do not lose patience
10. More days and new update.
11. BINGO does not restart, the warning continues on the screen and several locomotives do not control the speed.
12, I update to 4-2-8 All OK
Thank you for your patience and forgive my English
Offline waorb  
#14 Posted : 04 March 2019 13:56:25(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello.

Just a quick reply...

Yesterday I made the CS2 update here "over-the-net", and all was done flawlessly.

I don't know if it was normal, but needed 2 extra reboots to update the TFP, or something like, that popped on the screen.

Cheers,

Walter
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 04 March 2019 14:08:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if it was normal, but needed 2 extra reboots to update the TFP, or something like, that popped on the screen.
Do you have external boosters? I think one reboot for each external booster is normal.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline jaseguvi  
#16 Posted : 04 March 2019 19:13:49(UTC)
jaseguvi

Hello.

Just a quick reply...

Yesterday I made the CS2 update here "over-the-net", and all was done flawlessly.

Cheers,

Walter

Good afternoon
Have you updated from 3.7.0?
It's like that
Cheers
Offline waorb  
#17 Posted : 04 March 2019 19:32:23(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Do you have external boosters? I think one reboot for each external booster is normal.

Hello Tom.

Never realized that, but yes, I have one extra booster. (and of course, one main power supply)

Thanks!

Walter

Offline waorb  
#18 Posted : 04 March 2019 19:35:05(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello.
Just a quick reply...
Cheers,
Walter

Good afternoon
Have you updated from 3.7.0?
It's like that
Cheers

Hello!

No, it was from the last major update (4.2.1).

Walter