Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2019 20:24:11(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Sorry about opening another topic on this. I have been unable to get a loco to stop at a station using a circuit track and my S88.
All is connected OK. Peter gave me some great instructions but somehow I just could not get it to work. The recording function has me totally confused and why it needs to be used in connecting a loco to a circuit track using an S88 is beyond me.
I can set up an event for turnouts so I am not completely stupid.

Have spent hours trying Peters advice in the previous thread and read the Marklin book dozens of times ...does not appear to show how to do what I want.

Would be happy for any further help ...or anybody around Glasgow I would be happy to meet but I think I am alone in the area.

I am happy with the controller but setting up this event has me beat.

To be fair I am not a great computer guy and posting pics here I have found not that easy lol.

Anybody who can get me to set this up will be my hero for life. !!!
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2019 21:33:17(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi David.
Dolikethis:
Just drag your S88 contact from the ( I don't remember the name of the list where all configured items are, there should be also all configure contacts)
yes drag contact to the event which is working OK. Then configure it and move it to right place and learn how it works when you simply change contact's properties.

Sorry it is late here in Finland, but I will come back to this topi tomorrow morning and try to explain more, I can say it is quite easy

Regards

Jukka
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2019 23:23:09(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Jukka. I am starting a new event. I can drag the S88 contact (circuit track) but ti where .. the box to the left of the event window or to the event window.

Then what. I have tried all sorts of combinations but somewhere I get lost … usually regarding recording ( why do this anyway) then what do I do with the loco which is as yet not in the event window or has moved and does not know the contact number.

Many thanks for your effort but as you see I really need from step one to the end. I thought I was intelligent but beginning to doubt now lol..
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline siroljuk  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2019 08:11:54(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi David, I AM REALLY SORRYBlushing Blushing
What I wrote yesterday was completely nonsense.

I'll try again now after good sleep night:

Let's start with simple example, just think that S88 contact is like a switch with three state: go to on-state, go to off-state and stay on-state.

Start like this: nothing is happening on you layout. Start to make new Event. Drag one contact to the left most box of the new event,.. then activate recording , .. start one loco to run and let it run for a while, ..during the loco running stop recording, .. now you have an event which starts when the S88 contact which was choose trigger and event is just start Loco to run.

As default contact trigger when it goes on( like if loco goes over circuit track ) You can edit that contact so the it trigger when it goes off. Don't think S88 contact in STAY-ON state yet it comes later.

Now you know how start loco for running just trigger the contact by using your hand or run loco over the switch track.( loco is running and you have to stop it manually)

make another event where loco stops: put loco in run-state , drag chosen contact to the left most box of the new event and start new event recording, then stop the loco during the recording and then stop recording.
Now you have new event which just stop running loco. When you loco is running and you manually switch that second S88 contact the loco will stop.

After you have managed to make these two events ight you know the basic idea and you can make S88-based events.

As you have perhaps read my CS3-device is broken and not repaired yet I cannot make better at the moment, but after you have managed these two cases I am sure you can do much event which are satisfied.
One thing you can do also, make one event in which you make loco sounds by recording them. Drag this even to the middle of the running event timeline and test how these sound are
working( then learn hot to edit these events and their properties).

I hope these help you at least a little

Regards

Jukka

Edited by user 04 January 2019 12:43:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2019 12:54:45(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Jukka. Firstly many thanks for your efforts. I have been using S88s with my CS2 for years which was nor a problem.

I have copied your post and will give it a try. However when I reach the point where you say to make another even this is where I am confused. Why do I run and stop the loco ..does it matter where etc..

All I want is to stop a loco at a station when reaching a circuit track for a few seconds then start again which I presume is just one event.

Hope you soon have your CS3 working again.

I will keep on trying to set up this event but really need bullet points of instructions which I cant find from Marklin.

Many thanks for your post and all best for 2019.

David
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 04 January 2019 13:31:06(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Just un update Jukka. I have set the two events as you say and both work but all they do is start and stop a loco. When activating the first event (starting loco) it does stop at the circuit track but does not start again. I need it to start after a few seconds but cant appear to edit anything that will do this.

Apologies to ask again about this.

David
Offline siroljuk  
#7 Posted : 04 January 2019 14:17:38(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi David.

You have to learn how to add an event to inside another event, I think its calling nesting. When you have two events, one for starting and another stopping, you just make third one which include starting event and stopping event and then again starting event. In the events properties you can find properties with which you can do delays.

This is a bit tricky but trying and making mistakes and trying again you certainly learn howto use those.

I am sorry that I don't have any CS-devices at the moment to make proper pictures for you but I'm sure you can do fine eventsThumpUp ThumpUp using nesting possibility.( putting small and simple event inside main event).

One warning thought. Be careful that you don't make any LOOP that cannot be stopped other vice that cutting power. you can always make one event which has only one "property" to stop all events now this is possible using CS3 in CS2 there was not this kind on feature.

I'm sure you will manageThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards

Jukka
Offline David Dewar  
#8 Posted : 04 January 2019 15:00:07(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Jukka. Many thanks for help. I will try to set up what I want to do. I would have though that stopping and then starting a loco at a station would have been popular but it appears there are no instructions for this and it looks like many on our forum have also not done this. I still have my CS2 running this type of event on another part of the layout and why the same can not be done as easily with the CS3 is beyond me.
all best wishes

David
Offline siroljuk  
#9 Posted : 04 January 2019 21:44:52(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
I will do better samples after I get new CS3Plus next week

Regards

Jukka
Offline David Dewar  
#10 Posted : 04 January 2019 23:30:10(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello.
I will do better samples after I get new CS3Plus next week

Regards

Jukka

Thanks Jukka. I have now been able to have the loco stop at the station and start again and also stop and start at an intermediate station. However I have no idea how I managed it and have set up 5 events which by luck I have been able to link.
I know this is not correct but it does work. Thanks to yourself I now have some knowledge but not enough to do the event properly. I have another four similar events to do and would be grateful for further help to get it done properly when you have your CS3 back.
Very many thanks for your interest and help

David
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 05 January 2019 07:40:53(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
for further help to get it done properly when you have your CS3 back.

Hi David.

Please tell me what kind of function you want make using event. While I wait new device I can think and prepare to make instructions, as good as I an.

Making quite complicated events an automate the whole layout is my target and interest number oneBigGrin

Jukka
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 05 January 2019 12:09:28(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
for further help to get it done properly when you have your CS3 back.

Hi David.

Please tell me what kind of function you want make using event. While I wait new device I can think and prepare to make instructions, as good as I an.

Making quite complicated events an automate the whole layout is my target and interest number oneBigGrin

Jukka

Hi Jukka.

All I need is to start loco at set speed then Stop at first station for 12 seconds then start up again and continue round this part of the layout doing this each time to comes to the same station.

As I said above I have been able to do this but all the wrong way as I have four events all tied together some way.
Peter Clapcott in my first thread on this did give me an excellent diagram but in following it I got confused as to when to stop recording and the part after that.

Using a CS2 is easy for this but the CS3 is considerably more difficult.
Offline siroljuk  
#13 Posted : 05 January 2019 12:40:11(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi David.
I think you may try follows:

Make new event with recording all maneuvers from to begin to end; new event, start recording when loco is at the start place, run and make whatever you want during way to the stop place and when arriving then stop recording.

Now you should have one round event, edit it and try to run it so that you are satisfied. Name it "one-around"

Then ... make new event to which drag into it only that just recorded "run-around" event. name it "again"
After that edit the firs "one-around" event and drag into it "again" event.

Start to "ONE-AROUND" AND SEE THAT EVER RUNNING LOOP HAS BEEN DEVELOPED.

I am sure you have to edit properties of all these two event especially timing in them.

BUT REMEMBER: you have to make one event which include only one action: CANCEL ALL EVENTS, in CS3 there is such function, other vice you have to power off CS3 when you want to stop running-loopBigGrin

Hope this helps you
Regards

Jukka

And David and others too
You should use events "DELAY"-property and add always at least one second-delay to each event.

When I used event in old CS2 that device went crazy in some cases without that at least one second delay between different functions inside events and between event inside events(remember nesting)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline David Dewar  
#14 Posted : 05 January 2019 13:05:30(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi David.
I think you may try follows:

Make new event with recording all maneuvers from to begin to end; new event, start recording when loco is at the start place, run and make whatever you want during way to the stop place and when arriving then stop recording.

Now you should have one round event, edit it and try to run it so that you are satisfied. Name it "one-around"

Then ... make new event to which drag into it only that just recorded "run-around" event. name it "again"
After that edit the firs "one-around" event and drag into it "again" event.

Start to "ONE-AROUND" AND SEE THAT EVER RUNNING LOOP HAS BEEN DEVELOPED.

I am sure you have to edit properties of all these two event especially timing in them.

BUT REMEMBER: you have to make one event which include only one action: CANCEL ALL EVENTS, in CS3 there is such function, other vice you have to power off CS3 when you want to stop running-loopBigGrin

Hope this helps you
Regards

Jukka

And David and others too
You should use events "DELAY"-property and add always at least one second-delay to each event.

When I used event in old CS2 that device went crazy in some cases without that at least one second delay between different functions inside events and between event inside events(remember nesting)

Hi Jukka. I am using my S88 to control this event so thatneeds to come in somewhere. Once you have your new CS3 you will see more what I mean. If you need the same event I do you will have a better idea of what is required.

My CS2 still runs this event on another part of the layout with no problems and can be set up in minutes.

Offline siroljuk  
#15 Posted : 05 January 2019 16:03:00(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi Jukka.I am using my S88 to control this event so that needs to come in somewhere.

OK I understand.

I'll get back to this

Regards
Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#16 Posted : 05 January 2019 16:12:05(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
I have to ask: how do you think to start this event and how do you end it, or will it run forever?( is the s88 there only for starting?)
Offline siroljuk  
#17 Posted : 05 January 2019 16:34:59(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
David, try this:

New event, drag your contact to the leftmost box of the event.
Then put that loco which is going to use this shuttle event put it running, the start recording of that event and only stop the loco, stop recording.

Then test that this event is working ok (only stops the loco when it runs over the contact).
Then edit this event, drag timeline-pointer to end end of line then record loco running the whole round and few sec more and stop recording during loco is running, close editing and you should have an event which first stops the loco then after editing timing wait in stopped mode until timer starts loco run again and because there is no more commands in the event loco will run until it comes back to the contact that first stops loco, wait a while and starts again.

Important is that your event runs end of itself before loco come back to contact and start it again.

Now you certainly understand that whatever loco runs over this contacts it triggers all maneuvers which you have put into it. I have solution for this feature also( to prevent other locos mes up this shuttle), I'll tell you later how it can be done, after I have my layout running again

Jukka
Offline David Dewar  
#18 Posted : 05 January 2019 16:36:36(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
S88 is connected to the circuit track Loco triggers circuit track and stops then after a few seconds starts again and continues until stopped manually or otherwise.

Same as CS2 where shuttle is set up but only using the middle button with one and two left a zero. If you had a CS2 then you will know what I mean.
Offline siroljuk  
#19 Posted : 06 January 2019 08:04:12(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Good morning,

change delay-second = more secods is more waiting after stop, then let loco run over the same place and you see that thats it.

IO will send you more information today for more complex events.
Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#20 Posted : 06 January 2019 09:51:41(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyoneBigGrin BigGrin

from this thread you can find fine information about CS3 and specially about CS3 events.

Read .PDF-files of Märklin Digital Newletters
https://www.marklin-user...rklin-Digital-Newsletter

Year 2018 mostly

Regards

Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#21 Posted : 10 January 2019 14:40:15(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello again.
Here is my version of Shuttle train event in CS3PLus.
Small is beautiful.pdf (608kb) downloaded 46 time(s).

Now that I have new CS3Plus I found again new elements in the "section" of events(in the latest software version). These new elements and features are very good improvement and make possible to program very complicated events. I am very satisfiedThumpUp ThumpUp

I hope you find new thoughts from this example.

Rgards

Jukka