Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 03 August 2018 19:11:48(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Wondering if there is a Marklin C track layout planner who is interested in designing my layout?

I have the dimensions of the room created in an Anyrail file. So far I can't seem to figure out how to design a well thought out plan.

If you're interested let me know and we can work out the details.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by user 03 August 2018 22:55:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dreadnought  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2018 04:33:13(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
I am looking at doing a new layout. I am having a similar debate, as this will be both larger, more complex, and more like a permanent “ dream layout”. I have seen the work done by Uwe Brillmeyer at Brima. Members of this forum have had layouts built by him, and are very pleased. He did the huge Peter Porsche layout near Salzburg. I have seen his demonstration layouts at the Marklin Treffs in Goppingen, and have been very impressed. I believe he will do a plan, and even complete installation in your home. I am debating asking him to do a design for me. Brima has a web site with various layouts they have built or designed. I have been looking at them. They are quite interesting.

At one point Mike at Westend Trains was talking of becoming an agent, or distributor for Brima. I do not think anything came of it.

There may be similar services on this side of the ocean if you do a google search. Please let me know what you find.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline Johnvr  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2018 14:06:42(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
Wondering if there is a Marklin C track layout planner who is interested in designing my layout?

I have the dimensions of the room created in an Anyrail file. So far I can't seem to figure out how to design a well thought out plan.

Regards,

Michel

Hello Michel,

I am sure there would be several of us who would like to see what we could do for you.

Let me know the details of your available space, which track system you have of C or K track, and what your ideal layout strategy would be in terms of levels, loops, reverse loops, shunting, automation, turntable, etc, and we can see what we can do.
Send me a PM if you prefer.

RegardsBigGrin
John

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Johnvr
Offline michelvr  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2018 15:46:01(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Dreadnought and Johnvr,

Dreadnought,

It seems that you are on to me! How did you know that I am an admirer of Uwe Brillmeyer at Brima? For the last couple of month or so I have been painstakingly looking over Brima's archives of layouts to get a better understanding of what I can do with the Marklin track system. I was contemplating getting a track plan make by Brima but decided that maybe I should ask here for help instead.

John,

I'm not surprised that you posted. My wife Susan said all along, “Why don't you ask John your friend in Cape Town to help you with your layout?” Thank you for reaching out to me and my apologies for not contacting you. I should have know better! I will PM you later with some details.

Wonderful! Here are some pictures of my train room.

Regards,

Michel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline Crazy Harry  
#5 Posted : 04 August 2018 18:58:01(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Michel,

Are those "before" pictures or have you removed everything you had already?

Harold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 04 August 2018 19:14:14(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Wow! That amount of space has me green with envy! BigGrin
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline michelvr  
#7 Posted : 04 August 2018 20:00:40(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
Michel,

Are those "before" pictures or have you removed everything you had already?

Harold.

Hello Harold,

That my friend is how it looks today! New paint on the walls and new paint on the floor. I decided to completely start over so everything was dismantled. I had to discard the K track as it was permanently glued down with the ballast. Ninety percent of the wood used for the framing of the layout and baseboards is reusable so that was moved to the other side of the basement. Here's a couple of pictures. Like I told my friend Myles, when I say I’m going to re-do my layout I'm going to re-do my layout!

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline michelvr  
#8 Posted : 04 August 2018 20:32:12(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

Hi Ray,

I'd have to agree with you I'm very fortunate.

The length of the room is 40 feet / 12.2 meters long by 11 feet / 3. 35 meters wide.

The size of the room is why I'm having a hard time designing a track plan. My previous layout was around the room with a swing bridge. It really didn't work for me and because of that I never completed the layout.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 04 August 2018 21:04:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

Hi Ray,

I'd have to agree with you I'm very fortunate.

The length of the room is 40 feet / 12.2 meters long by 11 feet / 3. 35 meters wide.

The size of the room is why I'm having a hard time designing a track plan. My previous layout was around the room with a swing bridge. It really didn't work for me and because of that I never completed the layout.

I would think of doing the following: -

A layout with a long main line meandering through a series of hills along the long length of the room. This would allow you to have tunnels and bridges as a backdrop. At the end with the door have a loop around the outside of a village. The village could have some industries like a sawmill and maybe a couple of other smallish industrial buildings (e.g. a cabinet maker and may some other non wood related, say farming equipment supplier) which would justify having some short sidings at the village to drop off and pick up wagons, and be a source of commuters for a 'big city' at the other end of the layout. The track could then disappear into a tunnel which could return the other end of the layout as a hidden track. With some clever thinking it may be able to have the return track visible at places where the out bound track isn't, when along the long wall.

At the other end of the room have a 'city' area with a large number of sidings for passenger and goods stock, along with engine serving facilities.

With 11 foot of width you could have the layout as an E shape bulging out from the 'mountain' area with another village on it, and leaving an acceptable access width to walk past. This could be set up as a farming village rather than a 'mountain' village as at the door end. The 'return' track could then loop out from being hidden to come out to a station at the village, again with the possibility of a couple of short sidings to service local industries.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline michelvr  
#10 Posted : 04 August 2018 21:50:35(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello KiwiAlan,

Thank you for your suggestions and I will keep them in mind during the planning. I think you're one to something because my friend Roger mentioned creating peninsula's as in a “m” shape on the floor.

One thing I did not mention is that I have decided to build “modules” for the bench work. The modules will be 48 inches in length with variable widths from 12 inches to 36 inches.

I got the idea from Sievers: https://www.sieversbenchwork.com

By using modules once I have the track planned all I will need to do is make the modules to fit.
Offline michelvr  
#11 Posted : 04 August 2018 21:54:40(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
To make it less confusing here are the room pictures all in one post. The second picture shows the alcove or repair shop. The layout can protrude into this area somewhat if need be.

Offline michelvr  
#12 Posted : 04 August 2018 22:45:59(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
As I can't seem to PM John an Anyrail jpeg I will post it here. As I am using Anyrail if anyone would like an Anyrail file of the room let me know.

Please note dimensions are in inches.

Regards.

Offline jcrtrains  
#13 Posted : 05 August 2018 00:22:05(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
My vote is Linn Westcott’ s layout number 83 as a base idea. It will need to be stretched.
Offline TEEWolf  
#14 Posted : 05 August 2018 00:43:52(UTC)
TEEWolf

Regards,

Michel

Hello Michel,

honestly, I do have the software WinTrack

https://modellplan.de/os...1_WINTRACK-WINTRACK.html

https://modellplan.de/os...lanen-Testkategorie.html

https://modellplan.de/os...viduelleGleisplanung.pdf

http://meisesmobacenter....ne-H0/Wintrack-Software/

from modellplan

https://modellplan.de/oscmp/de/

But I think the size of your layout will be too big for me. I am still struggling with my layout at approximately 4 x 3 meter, because I am not yet very familiar with the usage of this software. Although I know, by this software you can plan such huge layouts like yours. As far as I know BRIMA is doing all its planning with WinTrack too. The Märklin planning software shall be based on WinTrack. Also Wintrack itself offers plenty of tools for planning layouts up to the point they do any planning for you, if you are paying.

https://modellplan.de/os...1_WINTRACK-WINTRACK.html

BRIMA, as I understood them, is more building and modelling a MRR. OK, before doing this you have to plan too.

But the Meises ModellbahnCenter (MMC) offers software, plans and planning too. Here some links to them.

http://meisesmobacenter....ne-H0/Wintrack-Software/

http://meisesmobacenter....p/en/MMC-Gleisplaene-H0/

http://meisesmobacenter....e-H0/Gleisplaene-bis-5m/

They show not only the graphics, you also can see technical dtails of the plans and pictures which were generated by Win Track.

http://meisesmobacenter....00cm--L-Form--81545.html

Here a few more links for plans. Just giving a few ideas:

https://www.maerklin.de/...C3%A4nzungspackungen.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/..._0513_Download_Teil1.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/...Downloaddatei_MM0315.pdf

https://www.maerklin.de/...Downloaddatei_MM0215.pdf

Enjoy your time and see your new layout growing.

Best regards

TEEWolf

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline michelvr  
#15 Posted : 05 August 2018 00:52:09(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello TEEWolf,

Thank you for the heads up on WinTrack and all of the links. I will check them all out!

Regards
Offline michelvr  
#16 Posted : 05 August 2018 01:06:24(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post
My vote is Linn Westcott’ s layout number 83 as a base idea. It will need to be stretched.

Hi Jcrtrains,

Would you happen to have an picture of it as I can't seem to find it on the internet.

Michel
Offline jcrtrains  
#17 Posted : 05 August 2018 03:32:29(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

Hi Jcrtrains,

Would you happen to have an picture of it as I can't seem to find it on the internet.

Michel

I only see it as the following;

Layout 83

I think the broader question is are there 2 or 3 things that you really want?
In December, you looked at my turntable and thought that may be of interest. With your length of room, you could fit a few large scenes. Perhaps the Trix/ Walthers steel mill complex? Or a container yard with the Heljan container crane? All of these could be fit into a layout that has good operating flow and could have lots of operating interest. Interesting scenes that could each be thier own variation of the Switchmans nightmare.

Sounds like we need a trip to Barrie!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline michelvr  
#18 Posted : 05 August 2018 16:47:53(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
As requested here is a jpeg of my room with metric dimensions.

As stated I'm using Anyrail but I'm willing to purchase another track planning software to make it easier.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline Crazy Harry  
#19 Posted : 06 August 2018 03:26:21(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Hi Michel,

When you do something, you really go all out! Looking forward to see what you come up with. Will the roll-away Bietschtal bridge reappear at the doorway to the room? I thought that was very unique and well executed.

Cheers,

Harold.

P.S.: For those not familiar with Michel's original layout, here is the feature I mentioned -

MVR 2017-09-09 (5).jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#20 Posted : 06 August 2018 03:42:54(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
Better not do it like that, the train will fall of the track.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Wildrose-Wally
Offline michelvr  
#21 Posted : 06 August 2018 04:21:58(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Not my trains!BigGrin
Offline baggio  
#22 Posted : 06 August 2018 06:56:53(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hi, Michel:

May I suggest you plan a layout that is capable of being changed in part or all without too much of a waste of both time and money?

I say this because I constantly change my layout because after a while I get bored with it. Granted, my layout is/was nowhere near yours - but the principle is the same: Having fun running trains with a layout that fits the mood of the moment. For that, C track is obviously the best choice.

In the meantime, you might want to get going NOW to put together a simple starter layout like the one below so that you can start running trains right away. In addition, you can plan a more elaborate layout to add to it or replace it altogether. In this respect, one principle I like and works for me is "keep it simple, stupid".

Nice little layout - as Mike suggested.jpg

If you ever come down to Toronto, give me a shout, I'll be happy to chat with you over a pint.

Have a great holiday Monday. BigGrin

Silvano
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by baggio
Offline michelvr  
#23 Posted : 06 August 2018 18:28:44(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Silvano,

Yes I would love to spend an afternoon talking trains with you! Tell me when and I'll come over!

Very nice looking layout is that C track?
Offline baggio  
#24 Posted : 06 August 2018 18:51:25(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hi, Michel:

I am embarrassingly available most of this month. Blushing

I thought we could meet up at Mike's and have a bite for lunch afterward. My treat, since you are coming from out of town.

Send me an e-mail and we can arrange the date and time over the next few days.

As for the picture, I took it from the post by JCRtrains: "Layout 83"; it is not my layout.

It looks more like a Roco layout, but it can very easily be adapted for C track.

Have a super holiday Monday.

BigGrin

Silvano
Offline michelvr  
#25 Posted : 06 August 2018 20:22:22(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Michel:

I am embarrassingly available most of this month. Blushing

I thought we could meet up at Mike's and have a bite for lunch afterward. My treat, since you are coming from out of town.

Send me an e-mail and we can arrange the date and time over the next few days.

As for the picture, I took it from the post by JCRtrains: "Layout 83"; it is not my layout.

It looks more like a Roco layout, but it can very easily be adapted for C track.

Have a super holiday Monday.

BigGrin

Silvano

Email sent. BigGrin Michel

Offline baggio  
#26 Posted : 07 August 2018 01:06:17(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
E-mail back sent a few minutes ago.

BigGrin
Offline applor  
#27 Posted : 07 August 2018 11:45:28(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I used anyrail to design my K track layout. I like the software. Mine is an older version though and doesn't have the newer wide radius C track curved points.
https://www.marklin-user...e-25-July-2018--BW-track

I don't know that I have the time to design your layout - I know mine had several large revisions over its life span until its current state over a year later.

Sounds like you are committed to C track rather than K?
There is plenty to like about both track types and it will depend on your goals. Perhaps a combination of both is the best. You can't beat flex track for long stretches.
If I had my time over I'd strongly consider using Tillig Elite for visible areas and lay centre studs but then I am a perfectionist.

What you really need to do if you want someone to plan your layout, is to provide a list of features you'd like and what you plan to model and how realistic you'd like it.

What era?
city (large/small?) with a large station, or perhaps just regional area with a small station?
dual track mainline, or a single line, or both?
Do you want a BW? What size?
Engine sheds -Turntable? transfer table?
Do you want overhead line equipment (catenary) ?
What type of terrain? Gentle country, hills, mountains?
How many levels?
Staging yard(s)?

Once you can provide that information, people can start throwing some designs together.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline michelvr  
#28 Posted : 07 August 2018 15:33:12(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Apple,

Thank you for your suggestions on layout planning.

Yes it's a big thing to ask of someone but it really makes you realize that model railroading planning is the key to opening up the operating potential and possibilities.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Offline Minok  
#29 Posted : 07 August 2018 19:59:53(UTC)
Minok

United States   
I'd get some good layout software, like the suggested WinTrack, and the slowly plan my own layout. Take your time, even if it takes years before you start building. Think about what you like to do most when using your model railroad. Make that functionality a central element. Think about what you like next most, and add that (just as a concept block, not as a detailed implementation), etc.

Eg
1) Industrial operations - so you'd want to place 2,3,4 industries around the room that made sense to moving freight from one to the other; suppliers to factories to shipping? Maybe a port at one point to drop off for shipping (with or without a functional transloading facility)

2) Passenger operations - you'd want to place 3-8 passenger stations (say 2 big, 2 medium, one small, etc) along a line/spur that the trains would go through, stop, allow for overtaking.

3) Watch trains run in the country - plan in the proverbial 'paradestrecke' - the parade route, a long run of straight and gently curving run through some landscape (with or without bridges, varying trees, etc) where one can sit and watch a long 7-12 car passenger train, or 15-20 car freight train run past. Include some form of this in any case.

4) Modeling towns - leave space around the stations/industry to put some towns in to model streets and goings-on. Consider adding operational street loops with car-system traffic; maybe a place where it crosses a guarded rail crossing.

5) Modeling cities - bigger buildings, some urban features if you have the space (even as half-relief ), maybe a tram/street-car.

6) Modeling a detailed station and operations area - with all the tracks and facilities, a detaild model of just a small bit of the world

7) Changing seasonal content - find a place that is a manageable size where you can have a standard board that drops in that contains scenery. If its near a town the better - then you can model/build changing content on it that you swap out over the years. Eg a christmas market, an ammusement fair in the summer, a zoo, a rock concert, just a farm field, a soccer pitch, etc. This feature will let you keep building model scenes long after the layout proper is done.

8) season changes - interest in dividing the room into seasons - winter at one end, through a spring section, to a summer then fall section? Allows snow and ice at one end and lush green at the other. Consider scenic divides via mountains to allow sharper weather transitions without it looking too odd.

Then plunk down the big bits on a track plan (train stations/stops, industry spurs/sites) and plan how the track will work between the regions. Re-arrange. Try things out. Sleep on the ideas, revisit weeks later. Look at lots of YouTube videos of other peoples layouts, to get inspiration or recognizing what you like.

And if space is tight, and your not a prototype seeking modeler, consider running shorter trains than prototype - nothing wrong with 3 car passenger trains lengths, if passenger traffic modeling is important to you but a 7-10 car platform would restrict you to just one station.

I find the planning to be huge fun; I'm in no great hurry to start cutting wood and screwing things to the wall. Right now I'm considering in my own plan of adding a 3rd middle layer in my 2 level layout - to provide a longer running space for a parade route and relocate and give more space between stops in towns.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Roland  
#30 Posted : 08 August 2018 16:05:59(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
I agree with Minok. For me, planning was a big part of the fun :) I spent years looking at layout pictures online, in magazines, and of course layouts in person (yours included!) to gather ideas. I then took some time to list all of the different elements I wanted to incorporate and where e.g. large passenger station, freight yard, shadow station, loco shed and maintenance area, town market, waterfall, pond, vineyard, etc, etc. I think I spent 2+ years casually editing and re-arranging my plan in Scarm before I finally started building the frame. And then another 4-5 months further editing the plan before laying my first piece of track.

With that said, an extended planning phase isn't for everyone but if you can share the list of features Applor suggested, I'm sure someone can put together a base plan for you. Good luck!

Cheers
Roland
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Roland
Offline baggio  
#31 Posted : 09 August 2018 03:28:12(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Great suggestions, Minok. ThumpUp BigGrin

The only thing I would change is not to wait too long to get started in running trains. Waiting years to get going is not my cup of tea.... Scared
Offline Roland  
#32 Posted : 09 August 2018 16:05:30(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I would change is not to wait too long to get started in running trains. Waiting years to get going is not my cup of tea.... Scared

Yeah it wasn't easy but worth it in the long run. I set up a temporary oval with a couple of sidings on a small table to get my "fix" for running something while planning ThumpUp
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Roland
Offline dennisb  
#33 Posted : 03 September 2018 14:56:01(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Hi!

It took some time but here is a suggestion a layout that I hope will fit your room. The idea behind the layout is a long double track main line (green) that where the driver can choose to enter the main station or pass by on the track below (outer). Each side of the main line is connected to a hidden staging area (red) where the trains can either turn or come up at the other side of the staging area. To give more variety. The main line is placed at 100cm (suggestion, can of course be changed) and the station is placed at 110 cm.

There is also a couple of branch lines (blue) connected to the main station. They lead to two smaller stations and an industrial area. There are two connections to the main station, where one is hidden in a long tunnel.

I made the layout very thin at the left hand side so that everything can be reached from outside. In the corner you can also come up and do maintenance. On the right hand side I preferred to make the layout accessible from both front and back.

The red line at the middle of the layout is supposed to be a low wall. Maybe 50-70cm high. On each side of that wall you place landscape backgrounds. That way you can have one station on each side where the main station is at 110cm and the smaller (blue) is located at 120cm.

The layout is mainly made of C-track but the main station and the sweeping curves are made of K-track. Can of course be adjusted.

There seems to be a graphical error on which track that are on top of each other at a few instances, hope it doesn't disturbs too much.

Hidden area:
Michel option1 staging areas.jpg

Branch lines:
Michel option1 branch lines.jpg

Main line:
Michel option1 main line.jpg

Visible tracks (main and branch lines):
Michel option1 visible.jpg

Simple 3D view:
Michel option1 3d view.jpg

Well,let me know if you have questions or comments.

//Dennis
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dennisb
Offline michelvr  
#34 Posted : 04 September 2018 15:27:34(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Very interesting......Drool

Love the idea as to how it fits the room......Love

Thank you Dennis for taking the time to make this plan for me!

Michel
Offline Alsterstreek  
#35 Posted : 08 September 2018 09:20:04(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Great and sound work Dennis !
:o)

Now for something completely different. I am digging out a concept I proposed three years ago for a „lenghty“ contemporary-themed layout.

Compared with Dennis´approach, this meant flipping around main and branch lines, i.e. (old) branch lines below and (modern) main above, as it would be prototypical for an ICE line to traverse valleys on high viaducts with old lines arcing around in the valley below.
2015dbl.png.jpg

I elaborated the concept for a fellow MU member, mainly by including an interchange between modern high line and old water level line.
2015dblrev.png

The long ICE viaduct could look like this.
eisenbahn%20kurier%20ICE%20.jpg

Scenerywise, Wuerzburg on the river Main could serve as source of inspiration.
wb-bx.png.jpg

My related 2015 posts:
https://www.marklin-user...-layout-ideas#post478727
https://www.marklin-user...-a-New-Layout#post502787
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Alsterstreek  
#36 Posted : 10 September 2018 13:57:59(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
And just to conclude my contribution, I attach the latest iteration.

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Another iteration, as paper is patient: Add a port railway for the children without compromising the whole concept. The river bed is moved to have the former serve as both, reason for the meandering old main line and scenic divider between the port railway on the river meadow and the main line squeezed along the rocky cliff on the opposite bank. The children can have a goods train shuttle on the port railway - actually an additional branch line - between the elevated town (hiding one return loop) and the port area with its visible return loop kept in the open (which is prototypical in some port areas), allowing shunters to push cars into industrial sidings without getting caught in the latter. The return loop is made of a tight radius.
d-mir4.png
As a R1 return loop is 76 cm wide, the drawing is clearly not too scale anymore. Now it becomes tight, and in reality hidden return loops get quite close which requires careful work with the track planner.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline michelvr  
#37 Posted : 04 October 2018 03:50:27(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello fellow Marklin enthusiasts,

After an absence and total abandonment of my basement from the beginning of August to today, October 3rd. I can officially say, “I'm back!”

First off thank you to Johnvr and Dennisb for reaching out to me by private message. And also a thank you to Alsterstreek for your ideas.

My track plan has not been finalized but I have come up with a framework for the layout. Please see image below. My goal is to make this framework first and then finish the track plan. By building the framework, I will get a better "feel" of how does it fit. This way I will know how comfortable the aisle ways will be so I can get to all the areas of the layout.

Please note: Each square is 12 inches.

Feedback kindly welcomed.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by user 04 October 2018 14:57:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline baggio  
#38 Posted : 04 October 2018 05:22:59(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Excellent news, Michel.

Look forward to seeing your work in progress. BigGrin ThumpUp
Offline michelvr  
#39 Posted : 05 October 2018 01:15:16(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
What a difference a day makes!

Pictured below you will see some of the modules that I made for the benchwork today. Not all of them are finished but I should be done tomorrow. The truth test for aside widths will be once I raise them on legs.

One thing is for sure, I'm slightly sore all over from the extra activity and I thought that I was fit!Blushing I must be kidding myself!Laugh

Regards,

Michel

Edited by user 05 October 2018 23:18:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline michelvr  
#40 Posted : 05 October 2018 23:16:56(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Not much time today but I did get some time to finish some of the modules. The most important criteria is aisle width and so far I think I got it!

Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 06 October 2018 19:28:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I see you the important bit - the radio in the corner ...

BigGrin

Offline michelvr  
#42 Posted : 06 October 2018 22:31:59(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I see you the important bit - the radio in the corner ...

BigGrin

Hello kiwiAlan,

For you I'll start a new post with my mug in the picture but no silly face!

Regards,

Michel

Offline Crazy Harry  
#43 Posted : 08 October 2018 23:35:14(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Michel,

Glad to see that you are back at it! Progress looks good so far and I think the 30" or so all around will give you sufficient access.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Harold.
Offline michelvr  
#44 Posted : 09 October 2018 00:54:29(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
Michel,

Glad to see that you are back at it! Progress looks good so far and I think the 30" or so all around will give you sufficient access.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Harold.

Hello Harold,

Happy Thanksgiving to you also and I hope all is well.

Maybe we should get together before the snow flies!

Michel