Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2018 01:28:44(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
In 2006, I purchased a Märklin 37593 SBB Ae 8/14 as 2nd hand on eBay.de. A great and heavy engine, but I was never happy running it on my M track layout, as it was derailing on some turnouts. Now, on C track, I don't have these problems, but the two motors didn't sound very nice, and the decoder was loosing memory from time to time, as it didn't remember the last engine direction. I thought this should be a Märklin 6090 decoder problem only, but googling the issue, of course this is also a problem with the custom Märklin decoder in the 37593... Confused

However, there is always a solution on the Net: Change the decosder! Crying

This isn't that easy (for me), as the engine has two motors, LED:s and of course Swiss lightning. Finally, I found a circuit board on Luessi.ch - having the same size as the old decoder - that solved this challenge! Adding an ESU Lokpilot V4, now also the two motors are in sync, and the Ae 8/14 is running much smoother. Cool

See below pictures of the newborn and proud SBB Ae 8/14!

Circuit_board.jpgEngine.jpg

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2018 17:38:08(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Thank you so much.
I just had the same problem!
Boards have been ordered!
Cheers!
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline jpklecker@yahoo.com  
#3 Posted : 14 September 2022 20:53:41(UTC)
jpklecker@yahoo.com

United States   
Your item shows the 8015v6 in the photo but the 8015v2 looks more like what you installed due to additional items attached to the board. Did you add the additional items to the v6 board?

Could you please supply details of you installation, I have never installed any decoders other than those available from Märklin. Also due you need to do anything special after installation other than having it be recognized by the Märklin CS3+?

I am interested in purchasing a Märklin 37593 but have not due to all the comments about the two motors conflicting.
John from AZ
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 14 September 2022 21:23:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I knew a guy who had a brand new digital one back in the 90's and had an issue with it's performance due to the motors not being synched.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2022 19:40:55(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I have 3 of these "growlers", and 1 is regrettably delta. (was originally silver, bought cheap and painted SBB brown!)

For the delta, I think I'm going to give one of these a go with a pair of ESU motor magnets. My problem is this delta loco doesn't run completely horribly like some of them do, and the conversion financially adds up between this board, magnets, decoder, and then there is the question of sound!

Anyhow- what I wanted to add to this thread is twofold:

1- I've never had a motor sync issue with the 2 digital ones. Both have some mileage on them as well
2 For conversion, I think you can order the trix board as as an alternate. Not sure what cost comparison is though- I didn't get that far.
SBB Era 2-5