Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2016 17:38:18(UTC)
Goofy

Hello boys!
I did visit an swedish shop store to check after CS3 store.
The shop store did report CS3 and CS3+ late delivery at next week instead,just because cause problem of the software in the CS3.
So other which already do have got CS3 do have problem with the software?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2016 02:51:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Hello boys!
The shop store did report CS3 and CS3+ late delivery at next week instead,just because cause problem of the software in the CS3.

Goofy,
got my CS 3+ last week. Time is too short to report problems, but I read on the Maerklin homepage, that due to the high request of the CS 3, they have capacity and delivery problems. Well, to say to have software problems sounds much more elegant to the customer instead explaining him, why I still have delivery problems after 11 months of waiting for the product. Laugh
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2016 06:59:15(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hello boys!

Goofy,
got my CS 3+ last week. Time is too short to report problems, but I read on the Maerklin homepage, that due to the high request of the CS 3, they have capacity and delivery problems. Well, to say to have software problems sounds much more elegant to the customer instead explaining him, why I still have delivery problems after 11 months of waiting for the product. Laugh

It´s an fact that tells real problem with the software by of Märklin.
It has nothing to do about late delivery,it´s problem with the software and Märklin did told so.
I just present information which i did got by of an swedish shop store.
I hope Märklin did fix the problem and customer can get one before the christmas day.

H0
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2016 07:29:00(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Well, to say to have software problems sounds much more elegant to the customer instead explaining him, why I still have delivery problems after 11 months of waiting for the product.Laugh

agree, the only problem with the software is the lack of key features like turntable, seems to be a year until the same standard as CS2 Crying

The lack of improvement log after update is also a disaster Angry
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline siroljuk  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2016 07:47:54(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Everybody.

I have tested CS3 Plus quite much and as deep as possible. I got my device in October 2016 and 26.10.2016 I started this thread:

https://www.marklin-user...s/t36796-New-cs3-ARRIVED

From where you can find all problems that I have found. There are still many many problems and some have bee corrected by updating software.

I have not found any hardware problem, that is very good and speed of the device is much much better than newest version of CS2.

The software has flaws and still difficult malfunctions but basic operations and functions are now quite OK.

My studies with CS3 Plus is going on at MEMORY and using CS2 as a slave unit. I will write more to the thread mentioned above.

Please read there moreBigGrin BigGrin

Meanwhile Happy Training Evereyone

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 13 December 2016 18:17:36(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hello boys!

Goofy,

It´s an fact that tells real problem with the software by of Märklin.
It has nothing to do about late delivery,it´s problem with the software and Märklin did told so.
I just present information which i did got by of an swedish shop store.
I hope Märklin did fix the problem and customer can get one before the christmas day.

But you haven't told us anything - what are the software problems? he may just be lazy and reporting the original update problem that people had as a reason for not having any to supply when the real story is the backlog that other people are reporting.
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 13 December 2016 20:46:23(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

But you haven't told us anything - what are the software problems? he may just be lazy and reporting the original update problem that people had as a reason for not having any to supply when the real story is the backlog that other people are reporting.

Read my first post and you understand.

H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2016 00:06:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Read my first post and you understand.

No I don't understand because you don't tell us what the software problem is that is stopping delivery. Quite frankly I don't think there is a software problem stopping delivery, but a production problem (as others have suggested) - after all there are now a considerable number of cs3/cs3+ delivered, with a few of them to members of this group and none of them are reporting software problems that would stop production after they have updated their units.

So what is this software problem that is stopping production? You make these statements without any backup information. beyond 'your dealer told you ...', and frankly I think he is pulling the wool over your eyes.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 14 December 2016 06:57:47(UTC)
Goofy

No I don't understand because you don't tell us what the software problem is that is stopping delivery. Quite frankly I don't think there is a software problem stopping delivery, but a production problem (as others have suggested) - after all there are now a considerable number of cs3/cs3+ delivered, with a few of them to members of this group and none of them are reporting software problems that would stop production after they have updated their units.

So what is this software problem that is stopping production? You make these statements without any backup information. beyond 'your dealer told you ...', and frankly I think he is pulling the wool over your eyes.

READ MY FIRST POST!
I did wrote an swedish shop store...

Cursing

H0
Offline hwestl  
#10 Posted : 14 December 2016 10:04:39(UTC)
hwestl

Sweden   

I did wrote an swedish shop store...

Which store did you visit?

Thanks
Håkan
Offline klarinettmeister  
#11 Posted : 16 December 2016 09:03:08(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Hello!

I visited my dealer, Modelldigital in Malmö and the owner also told me Märklin has problems with the software and that Märklin were supposed to do the update this time before shipping the units. I was also told they are supposed to arrive the next week.

If it's the truth of not from Märklin I wouldn't know. I just hope I get my unit soon.

Btw a little off-topic; is it now possible to use S88-contacts inside a memory-function? Let's say my ICE3 is going to stop at contact 3 at a station but all other trains should pass without stopping.
Offline Fredrik  
#12 Posted : 18 December 2016 03:18:54(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: klarinettmeister Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

I visited my dealer, Modelldigital in Malmö and the owner also told me Märklin has problems with the software and that Märklin were supposed to do the update this time before shipping the units. I was also told they are supposed to arrive the next week.

If it's the truth of not from Märklin I wouldn't know. I just hope I get my unit soon.

Btw a little off-topic; is it now possible to use S88-contacts inside a memory-function? Let's say my ICE3 is going to stop at contact 3 at a station but all other trains should pass without stopping.

I've heard the same thing from another dealer. No word about when next shipment will arrive though. But I guess there's some truth in what you heard then...

Hopefully, as I also wait for mine...
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Frank Leisten  
#13 Posted : 18 December 2016 04:45:25(UTC)
Frank Leisten

CS3 + is a joke. When I pay this much money for a toy I believe Maerklin could have done better with the software. The search feature sucks. Adding a DCC LOK SUCKS. locomotive date base sucks. Slave cable to CS2 sucks. CS2 had better selection and easier than CS3 in the locomotive data base arena. Overall very nice design, little hard to use touch screen. Hardware is fine. Software and user input sucks. Get it together Maerklin and update your system now! I thought your are the worlds best!

Frank

Thanx for letting me vent guys and girls...
Offline siroljuk  
#14 Posted : 18 December 2016 08:00:42(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Good Morning Frank and othersBlink Blink

I disagree strongly when you say that almost all sucks thinking about CS3+. The joke is you and your writing.Laugh Laugh Laugh .

Usually I don't respond to this kind of "jokes" but now I have to.

I am perhaps one of the first outsiders who have got first CS3 Plus ( 1133 is the serial number) and I have tested it on my own terms. I did have expectations and now I can tell you that all of those will come true eventually.

I don't know what kind of expectation other people have had and that is very important to tell us if you are going to say that something new is a "Joke".

This new device is not ready yet and I really understand that Märklin must test it and its features and functionality on the FIELD. This "play-world" ( I mean digitally controlled model trains) is very complicated and there are no two same kind of equipment and the base assembly.

Huh Huh Huh That's all folks now

Regards

Jukka
Offline Marklin4me  
#15 Posted : 18 December 2016 10:39:13(UTC)
Marklin4me

Denmark   
Hi,

I agree with Jukka . There have been and are some "children's diseases". But CS3 + is faster and the user interface seems more judiciously. I use daily CS2 and CS3 + and see the difference. I know when you are use to some interface it's difficult to go to a new one. I bought my CS3 + at Lokdoc in Denmark for approximately 1.5 months ago.

Happy Christmas to all BigGrin
Regards
Ulrik
Marklin4me
Offline Goofy  
#16 Posted : 18 December 2016 15:07:20(UTC)
Goofy

Frank has a good pint about delivery too fast with the CS3+.
Too many customer has already got some problems with the SW (soft ware).
Märklin must get the ass off from the chair and present better CS3+.
To buy an CSx when it´s not complete SW,makes me angry and i did noticed about SW problems when Märklin did present CS2 too.
I did told before that i was ready to buy an CS3,but now it seems not possible and it better to wait until after a year which somebody also said to buy this digital system.
This is not good Märklin!
H0
Offline David Dewar  
#17 Posted : 18 December 2016 21:11:50(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Goofy. Do you have a CS2. I cant say anything about the CS3 as I don't have one but my CS2 has worked well for years and has never given me any problems.

I will change to the lower version of the CS3 and I am sure it will work OK.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Roland  
#18 Posted : 19 December 2016 20:59:41(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
Still no details on what the actual software problem is? I spoke with a local dealer and their understanding is just that manufacturing can't keep up with demand.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Offline PerR  
#19 Posted : 19 December 2016 22:34:33(UTC)
PerR

Denmark   
A new SW update to CS3 is available now.

The CS3 version is 1.2.0 (4)
GFP3 SW version is 11.91
The is also a new version of the GFP for 60174 and CS2's: 3.54
Also a new version of MS2 is available: 2.7

Best regards
Per

PS: it looks like it is possible to use VNC in this version.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PerR
Offline abisel  
#20 Posted : 19 December 2016 23:55:17(UTC)
abisel

United States   
^^^ The update went without any problems, and... VNC Viewer is functional.

WooHoo!!
Offline klarinettmeister  
#21 Posted : 20 December 2016 14:21:03(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Today my dealer called me and said he's got a letter from Märklin and told me my 60226 has arrived to Märklin and will be shipped tomorrow!! Probably they waited for the new update.
Next week I'll hopefully have an 60226!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline dickinsonj  
#22 Posted : 23 December 2016 02:16:14(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Goofy. Do you have a CS2. I cant say anything about the CS3 as I don't have one but my CS2 has worked well for years and has never given me any problems.

Same for me. Of course I use software to create software professionally, so perhaps I am more flexible in using the tools that are at hand to get the job done. But I find that my CS2 (60215) works very well and does everything I need it to do. In fact it is more capable than I expected it to be.

Yes, there are some odd non-translations from German on some screens and the workflow could be better, but it gets the job done, takes very little time to configure and has a quite an intuitive UI IMO (Of course it needs this because some menus are still in German too :-). But considering what I spent for mine I am very pleased.

The CS3 will reach the same level of maturity one of these days and if you simply have to get one in the first year, then hang on and enjoy the ride! BigGrin

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Goofy  
#23 Posted : 23 December 2016 17:21:24(UTC)
Goofy

Today i did visit Copenhagen to shop trains.
I did tested new CS3 and i must say i was disappointed.
It´s nice to see it and there was good contact out to the track.
Tested turnouts and steam locomotive.
It works nice.
But there was some contact problem between human and the CS3.
To touch was repeat sometimes to fix it and it´s not nice when the layout keyboard disturb when i touched some functions.
Märklin need to fix some functions in the CS3 and i will not buy it until Märklin did solved problems.
It´s difference between CS2 and CS3!!
H0
Offline Purellum  
#24 Posted : 23 December 2016 19:51:36(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

there was some contact problem between human and the CS3.

It's called an "Error 40", a very common problem.

( Also known as "PICNIC" or "PEBKAC" or even ID-Ten-T error" )

I think you should contact Märklin and tell them about it.

Per.

P.S: Merry Christmas.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline clapcott  
#25 Posted : 23 December 2016 20:37:10(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

The CS3 will reach the same level of maturity one of these days ...

There is a difference between jumping into every new technology with what can be done, and "slowly maturing from the ground up" by reinventing the wheel of feature to actual benefit
and
leveraging the experiences of the past to ascertain the best way how things might/should be done - as decided by the user/operator in the context of enjoying the hobby of model railroading.

This thread is on software, but no amount of software can overcome hardware and ergonomic features that do not physically exist.

Just because the touch screen can offer software the ability to show off its versatility - combination of selection, drag(PZ), scroll ... etc - does not mean it is necessarily the best idea , or even a good idea,
With the CS3 , tactile functionality that aids the actual operation of a layout has been pushed further into the background in favour of eye-candy.

Personally , I think the 6021 et al has just been given another lease on life.

p.s. I use the term eye-candy in this sense figuratively, as the quality of meaningful readability/usability/pleasure appears to be very low to me.
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Minok  
#26 Posted : 03 January 2017 22:13:23(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Its absolutely true that just because one can doesn't mean its the best solution for the use case and one should.
Then there is always the move of society/technology; I think Märklin is right to adopt the capacitive touch screen technology so prevalent on mobile phones, tablets and some computers and move away from hard keys - it allows them to make much better use of the screen real-estate and deeper access to do things without having to press a 'shift' button.
There are still ways to use physical contact buttons to control things via other mechanisms (keyboard, button matrix) but I'm not sure how well those can do the things one does most often.
The older CS model is certainly a great option for those that need that physical button for some core functions.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok