Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Armando  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2016 21:05:18(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hello all,

I received my order for 37285 last week.

Weathering, lights and sound functions and overall looks are optimal.

I am also relieved to see that the unit comes equipped with two reliable 5-pole motor, as its predecessors did.

Only one thing puzzles me: Both motors do not seem to be synchronized. It became apparent to me when I tested this double-unit on the Märklin Roller Test Stand. Only the wheels on one body of the locomotive moved while the wheels on the other body (the one where both the pickup shoe and the decoder sit) remained static.

I continued my testing by placing the model upside down on the test foam bed and applying power to the wheels (ground) and the pickup shoe (live) from the CS2. This time the wheels on the one body continued to move normally, but the ones on the other body (the one with the pickup) only moved in an erratic way.

When testing the unit on the track, all wheels seem to move, but the motion is at times jerky. Confused Confused Confused

Has anyone experienced the same issue with this model?

http://www.maerklin.de/d...pdb_pi1%5Bsearchres%5D=1
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline foumaro  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2016 21:26:33(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I had the same problem with my 37612 double Alco.I changed the motor brushes,clean the motor,put oil very carefully and solve the problem.I hope your problem is similar and have a sollution soon.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline grnwtrs  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2016 22:25:56(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Thanks for the heads up,

I have never run my Denver Rio Grande diesel! Now I know what to look for if I have any problems,

I like the way the others run, and they are some of my favorites (the Alco's), but the green V-188 is extra special to me.

Okay Ray, , I know that is probably a fantasy diesel, but I am a sucker for all of the Marklin stuff.

Even the Insider club!

Regards, gene
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2016 23:47:27(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
When testing the unit on the track, all wheels seem to move, but the motion is at times jerky.
That's the standard design nowadays: one decoder, one motor output, two motors in parallel connection.

If one motor runs better than the other, then you will see different speed on the test stand and jerky behaviour on the layout.
Maybe you can optimise the slow motor as Foumaro suggested.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline dickinsonj  
#5 Posted : 04 September 2016 01:49:22(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

I am seriously considering this loco pair myself and I would be very interested to hear more about this problem. I saw a youtube video showing it running and I did not like the naked wires between the units. Is yours that way also? I didn't expect to see naked, multicolored wires exposed between the locos. It did seem to run well though. Have you put it on the track with a train to pull yet? I am wondering if there is a difference between how it behaves under a load and how it performs on a test stand. No matter what though, it should work properly on the stand. Very strange.

I have several loco consists with multiple motors and mine have always worked very well. It is a bit disturbing to hear about a new loco straight from the factory, which does not function properly. I wonder how common this problem is?

Good luck with your V 188 Armando and let us know how the problem gets resolved for you. I will move that loco down on my wish list until I hear more about this issue.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline Armando  
#6 Posted : 04 September 2016 01:50:52(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
If one motor runs better than the other, then you will see different speed on the test stand and jerky behaviour on the layout.

Tom,
did the previous versions of the V 188 have 2 decoders? I do not remember this for a fact.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Armando  
#7 Posted : 04 September 2016 01:55:19(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

I am seriously considering this loco pair myself and I would be very interested to hear more about this problem. I saw a youtube video showing it running and I did not like the naked wires between the units. Is yours that way also? I didn't expect to see naked, multicolored wires exposed between the locos. It did seem to run well though. Have you put it on the track with a train to pull yet? I am wondering if there is a difference between how it behaves under a load and how it performs on a test stand. No matter what though, it should work properly on the stand. Very strange.

I have several loco consists with multiple motors and mine have always worked very well. It is a bit disturbing to hear about a new loco straight from the factory, which does not function properly. I wonder how common this problem is?

Good luck with your V 188 Armando and let us know how the problem gets resolved for you. I will move that loco down on my wish list until I hear more about this issue.

Thanks Jim!
I was also somewhat disappointed in the gaping space and the multicolored cables between the two units. Actually, I was hoping that the Märklin engineers would have seen to this issue in this new version. However, it does not really bother me that much, as I think that the pluses are more than the minuses on this model.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline foumaro  
#8 Posted : 04 September 2016 04:09:56(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Tom,
did the previous versions of the V 188 have 2 decoders? I do not remember this for a fact.

I have the 37283,it have one decoder.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 04 September 2016 07:53:38(UTC)
H0

did the previous versions of the V 188 have 2 decoders?
No, but AFAIK in the days of fx decoders with mouse pianos they used special decoders with two separate motor outputs.
I don't know whether this makes things better.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#10 Posted : 04 September 2016 11:00:59(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
My 37285 does not exhibit this jerky behaviour. The speed is smooth from standing start to full speed. I'll look out for any change as the motors wear in.

I was, however, slightly disappointed that it uses the old DCM motors. The noise from two of these running is quite overpowering if you want to hear the loco sounds at a decent volume and not at the top end volume that is set at the factory.

It would have been better if they had modified the tooling to use one of the newer can motors in each unit. It would have been quieter and probably easier to synchronise the two motors.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline biedmatt  
#11 Posted : 04 September 2016 13:51:56(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
The motor noise and perhaps the rough running characteristics can be improved with a bearing conversion. It is very easy to do.

https://www.marklin-user...ving-parts--motor-shield
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline RayF  
#12 Posted : 04 September 2016 16:56:02(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
The motor noise and perhaps the rough running characteristics can be improved with a bearing conversion. It is very easy to do.

I wouldn't do this on a brand new loco that's still under guarantee! Scared
Ray
Offline river6109  
#13 Posted : 04 September 2016 17:11:48(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

one has to have a close look at what is under guarantee. there is no guarantee when it comes to postage , the buyer has to pay for. to fix something other than the sound module would be cheaper to find a good technician if required or do it your self. I agree when it comes to the sound module (decoder) your guarantee would be out of the window if you have modified your loco on the other hand it gets worse when it comes to repairs with or with out a sound decoder, you have to pay for the postage both ways.

I know it isn't the issue here but years ago I've send the decoder back to Märklin and other parts, they've acknowledged the other parts but said they haven't received the decoder and I think I know the reason for it, unless you send the whole loco back they will not repair the decoder., when I look back you didn't have to be Einstein to work out the extra cost, the guarantee (worthless from where I'm sitting), with other words to buy an ESU sound decoder (decoder) you have a guarantee for three years (back than = 2 years) and you don't have to send the whole loco back only the defect decoder. so for me it was a win win situation all around and I've never looked back. and when you look at the postage cost (there and back) you could afford a new ESU sound decoder without sending the loco abroad.
guarantee always sounds attractive but when you analyze it, there aren't any financial benefits nor any guarantee the loco doesn't fail again and we've had instances where this has happened. your guarantee may has some status when you live in Germany or countries whereas the postage is minimal and it doesn't become a major factor in deciding what is best for the loco or the owner.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Armando  
#14 Posted : 04 September 2016 17:39:26(UTC)
Armando

United States   

It would have been better if they had modified the tooling to use one of the newer can motors in each unit. It would have been quieter and probably easier to synchronise the two motors.

Albeit, actually, one of the reasons that made me decide to purchase this new item was, besides the weathering and the enhanced palette of sound and light functions, the fact that it still comes with the reliable 5-pole motor. I would not be so willing to spend >$400 on an item fitted with a toy car motor and plastic transmission bars. But this is, of course, my personal opinion only.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Armando  
#15 Posted : 04 September 2016 17:43:02(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

one has to have a close look at what is under guarantee.

John

As far as performing general maintenance on the motor according to the instructions in the operations manual, there should be no problem with activating the guarantee on any Märklin item. However, incorporating a bearing conversion would totally void the guarantee.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline biedmatt  
#16 Posted : 04 September 2016 20:11:04(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
However, incorporating a bearing conversion would totally void the guarantee.

A common misconception many manufacturers like to have bandied about.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act passed by Congress in 1975:
Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions, and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.

So Marklin would have to prove the modification caused the failure of a warranted part. The only pieces directly affected by the conversion are the brushplate and armature. Perhaps the first gear too could be damaged if you couldn't perform the modification properly. The rest is untouched and unaffected by the conversion. These three parts would be your responsibility and the rest is covered by Marklin's warranty. Risk $30 in parts, or have noisy motors that prevent you hearing the sound.
Matt
Era 3
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 04 September 2016 23:15:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
However, incorporating a bearing conversion would totally void the guarantee.

A common misconception many manufacturers like to have bandied about.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act passed by Congress in 1975:
Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions, and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.

So Marklin would have to prove the modification caused the failure of a warranted part. The only pieces directly affected by the conversion are the brushplate and armature. Perhaps the first gear too could be damaged if you couldn't perform the modification properly. The rest is untouched and unaffected by the conversion. These three parts would be your responsibility and the rest is covered by Marklin's warranty. Risk $30 in parts, or have noisy motors that prevent you hearing the sound.

OK, so that is the situation in the USA (does the same situation exist in other countries?), but as the item is under warranty, why wouldn't one send it back to the manufacturer for repair?
Offline biedmatt  
#18 Posted : 05 September 2016 01:28:33(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
OK, so that is the situation in the USA (does the same situation exist in other countries?), but as the item is under warranty, why wouldn't one send it back to the manufacturer for repair?

Since all repairs are made in Germany, I expect they treat all warranty repairs the same no matter where the lok was purchased.

After they fix it, he still will have two quite noisy motors and that new, improved sound, gen 3 sound decoder, will be for not.

It's an incredibly easy mod that has minimal warranty risk and big payback, including quieter and no need to open up the lok and lube the armature. M themselves did it with the first version VT11.5.
Matt
Era 3
Offline xxup  
#19 Posted : 05 September 2016 04:35:20(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Yes, but the difference is that, in Australia, the contract is between the buyer and the seller - not the manufacturer.. It is sensible as Australian Law cannot be applied to a (say) German Manufacturer.. The best we could do under Australian Consumer Law is force a recall of the product and ban it from sale in Australia. This does happen with things like imported toys seen to be dangerous for Children and some imported foods that did not meet food standards (e.g. Contained lead or deadly bacteria).

This is most typically applied to motor vehicle warranty and, in essence, requires that the retailer prove that the modification caused the warranty failure. So you can use non-genuine parts and have someone other than a Dealer service your car, but if the non-genuine oil filter (as an example) blocks the oil flow in your engine and causes the engine to seize, then the motor vehicle retailer (the guy that sold you the car) is entitled to reject your warranty claim for a new engine. It was actually put in place when car dealers were refusing warranty claims (for anything) because customers were not getting their car serviced at the dealership.. Inclidentally, the reason you can take your can to any of the Manufacturer's Dealers is that there is a contract between the Dealer and the Australian Distributor that tells them to honour warranty - even if they did not sell the car..

The recent VW debacle was handled poorly by some consumers, who sought to band together and sue VW Australia, but Consumer Law requires you to sue the Car Dealer as you do not have a contract with VW Australia - only your local Dealer. ( In reality, you can sue anyone you like, but you have a better chance of success if you take the smarter path). VW Australia should only be sued by their dealers (in response to the litigation by their customers) or the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) for breaches of Trade Practice Law (fit for purpose stuff). In fact, the ACCC has just launched the court case (see https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-takes-action-against-volkswagen-over-diesel-emission-claims )

In my opinion, your local Marklin Dealer can't refuse to repair the sound chip in your loco if he/sees a bearing in the DCM motor. Unless they can prove that the installation of the bearing somehow damaged the chip. (e.g. metal filings were found inside the loco that shorted the chip). If you choose to send the loco to Germany, and bypass the Dealer, then German Law applies. One Country cannot impose their laws on another - it is a fundamental principle of Sovereignty.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline biedmatt  
#20 Posted : 05 September 2016 12:59:39(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Adrian has hit upon the reason Congress passed the Magnuson-Moss Act, refusal to warrant a product for no just cause. It appears Australia handles modifications the same as the US: If they decide to not warrant a part, they must show how the mod caused the part to fail. I expect proof of a causual failure is generally accepted worldwide or that aftermarket oil filter which worked as good or better than the OEM, could be used as an excuse to not warrant a product. But I have no interest in wading through the laws of other countries.

Anyway, we are all missing one important fact, Marklin's own warranty states that they will warrant the part. Adrian has no legal standing against Marklin, but Marklin gives their word in their warranty to make it right.

Then there's the one final sticking point, when the cost of shipping it to Germany exceeds the cost of repair. The warranty for those of us outside Europe who can fix the problem ourselves, is generally useless. I have used M's warranty only once, when I could not get a replacement motor for the Sinus drive Kroc from the 3 Kroc 150th anniversary set. I paid $80 to ship it and waited five months for it, but they did fix the broken motor. Every other item I could claim as warranty I have fixed myself for less than the cost to ship it to Germany.
Matt
Era 3
Offline RayF  
#21 Posted : 05 September 2016 19:07:06(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
OK, so you all missed the point. I don't care what the warranty laws are in your different countries. In fact I've never sent any Marklin product back for a warranty repair.

My point is that it is a brand new loco and I'm not going to mess around inside it with power tools!

If my poor workmanship were to result in a destroyed loco, which is quite likely as I have neither the correct tools nor the required skills, then I would have no recourse to getting my loco replaced or repaired by either Marklin or the dealer I bought it from!

I could quote what the warranty laws are in Gibraltar but there's no point as I don't buy any Marklin products in Gibraltar.

Ray
Offline biedmatt  
#22 Posted : 05 September 2016 19:18:31(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Chill out Ray. Were all those exclamations necessary? We got your point. You do not have the confidence to do the mod. That's cool and it's your choice. I merely recommended it since it may solve his problem and will quiet it down. Armando thought it would "totally void" his warranty. We just clarified what Armando's rights are when you do the mod. It's up to him to decide how he wants to go forward.
Matt
Era 3
Offline RayF  
#23 Posted : 05 September 2016 20:33:17(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Chill out Ray. Were all those exclamations necessary? We got your point. You do not have the confidence to do the mod. That's cool and it's your choice. I merely recommended it since it may solve his problem and will quiet it down. Armando thought it would "totally void" his warranty. We just clarified what Armando's rights are when you do the mod. It's up to him to decide how he wants to go forward.

I'm sorry Matt, I don't understand what you are referring to. There were two exclamation marks in my post, in places I felt were appropriate to show my horror at the thought of attacking my nice new model with a power tool. I didn't think anyone would take offence at my punctuation.

To clarify my opinion, I would like to point out that I'm happy with my new V188, and only commented that I was slightly disappointed that they had not taken the opportunity to re-tool the mechanical design. This would have brought it up to the standard of newer models and re-tooled older models as far as noise and smoothness go.

This thread is about the V188, model number 37285, and is not about the pros and cons of motor modifications or about warranty claims.

I'm aware that some members improve their DCM motors with the use of ball bearings, and I have no problem with others doing so if they wish. I don't have appropriate tools or skills, otherwise I'm sure I would develop the necessary "confidence" as you put it.

Ray
Offline biedmatt  
#24 Posted : 05 September 2016 22:41:15(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
This thread is about the V188, model number 37285, and is not about the pros and cons of motor modifications or about warranty claims.

I thought it was about the running characteristics of 37285...

When testing the unit on the track, all wheels seem to move, but the motion is at times jerky. Confused Confused Confused

...and Armando was asking about similar experiences and any way to correct it.

Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem with my 37612 double Alco.I changed the motor brushes,clean the motor,put oil very carefully and solve the problem.I hope your problem is similar and have a sollution soon.

To which I added a response. He could heed or disregard my suggestion as he saw fit. Although you may have no interest in such mods, others might. Based on the response to the thread I linked, it appears to be a popular mod. Marklin themselves have offered the feature on other equipment. Apparently it does have some validity if M did it.

I did not take it to the warranty question, I just replied to posts from others about warranty.
Matt
Era 3
Offline Mark_1602  
#25 Posted : 08 September 2016 08:03:58(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi,

I used to have a lot of Märklin US models with two drum collector motors, especially F7s, which are comparable to the V188 I suppose. The worst were the early ones with c80 decoders: 3649, 3662, and 3663 did not run smoothly at all. Interestingly, the two-motor Amtrak diesel 33621 did well despite the simple Delta decoder. F7s with fx decoders such as the California Zephyr did much better than the ones with c80 decoders, but nevertheless you can usually tell that one motor is a little stronger or faster than the other one. The F7s or Alcos with two motors and mfx decoders which I used to own ran well enough, but never as smoothly as locos with DC can motors. I think that the motors have a bigger influence on the performance of two-motor locos than the decoders in general, except in the case of the c80. If the difference between the two motors is minimal, the loco runs quite smoothly, so buyers need to be lucky ...

I only have one loco with two motors left, the 37628 Kansas City Southern F7, which I tested yesterday morning. The two motors are about equally fast, so there are no jerky movements, but it doesn't run as well as one-motor locos either. I agree with Ray here that Märklin should have modified the V 188 and put in DC motors instead of using drum collector ones.

Best regards,

Marc
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline Armando  
#26 Posted : 10 September 2016 20:39:02(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hello again,

I'd like to close out this thread with a conclusion.

I had some time on my hands this morning and was able to run and test my 37285 again. After a couple of rounds on the track, I did not notice any of the issues that I had experienced with this model when I first got it. The unit drives smoothly, both motors well synchronized, and with no jerky motion, as I had seen before. It may be so that the motors needed some "workout time" to loosen up.

This unit must have immense pulling power, possibly thanks to its two five-pole motors. I attached a 13-freight car consist to it, and the driving continued smoothly and synchronized, both at start up and braking, as well under constant cruising speed. I will continue testing with more cars to see what happens. I have now tested with up to 21 cars attached to it. Everything continued to evolve smoothly.

End of story: I am very happy with my acquisition. Now I only need to receive the freight car set that goes with it, which I still have on backorder.

Cheers!

Edited by user 11 September 2016 06:17:33(UTC)  | Reason: Added more text.

Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Armando
Offline kiwiAlan  
#27 Posted : 11 September 2016 13:13:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

End of story: I am very happy with my acquisition. Now I only need to receive the freight car set that goes with it, which I still have on backorder.

Cheers!

Mine is at Lokshop, I hope to pick it up this week Drool Drool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Tex  
#28 Posted : 04 October 2016 23:41:27(UTC)
Tex

United States   
This thread has made me want to have one of these brutes for my layout which has mountain scenery and a long grade. I have just bought a 37284 on e bay for under $ 200 and will receive it in a week or so.

Tex
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tex
Offline Tex  
#29 Posted : 11 October 2016 02:17:26(UTC)
Tex

United States   

Received my 37284 on October 10 and happy to have it. Changed address from 18 to 28 since I have an engine with a 18 code, however, the change is fitting because the 37284 model is numbered 288-002-A and 288-002-B. I added some oil to the driving gears and made a test run. It ran well with the B engine forward and a bit shaky with the A end forward. I expect this will improve in time.

Tex
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Tex
Offline river6109  
#30 Posted : 11 October 2016 08:09:02(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post

Received my 37284 on October 10 and happy to have it. Changed address from 18 to 28 since I have an engine with a 18 code, however, the change is fitting because the 37284 model is numbered 288-002-A and 288-002-B. I added some oil to the driving gears and made a test run. It ran well with the B engine forward and a bit shaky with the A end forward. I expect this will improve in time.

Tex

Tex, you may find over time it could get better but there is no guarantee nor any scientific proof this will actually happen unless you can fine tune the motor yourself.

a.) add 4 ball bearings and make sure your brush plate is corresponding to the armature 100 %. in line up with the brushes, oil most the time will do more harm than good, its a bandaid fix for a certain time.,

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Tex  
#31 Posted : 25 November 2016 07:44:55(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post

Tex

Tex, you may find over time it could get better but there is no guarantee nor any scientific proof this will actually happen unless you can fine tune the motor yourself.

a.) add 4 ball bearings and make sure your brush plate is corresponding to the armature 100 %. in line up with the brushes, oil most the time will do more harm than good, its a bandaid fix for a certain time.,

John

John

My 37284 only needed cleaning by a Marklin dealer. The attached photograph shows the engine pulling a twelve car freight train smoothly up my long 3.5% Bergdorf grade at a realistic slow speed. BigGrin
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Tex
Offline Leitner  
#32 Posted : 27 November 2016 02:15:16(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
My 37285 works fine and quite powerful traction, I didn't notice any problem to be honest...
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)