Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline leesauer  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2008 03:59:20(UTC)
leesauer

United States   
I just received "Der Eilzug," the newsletter of the Sacramento chapter of ETE (European Train Enthusiasts) and it contained this statement:

<hr noshade size="1]
To that end, one of the issues has been the question of what track and switches to use on the future layout to best serve out needs. I contacted Wolfgang Leitenberger, Mr. Eisenbahn, of the Bay Area Chapter who advised how we can get around the problems with K-track switches when utilizing them for running both DC and AC locomotives. Especially when running some NMRA standards DC locomotives through specifically the double slip K-track switches. There is a tendency for detail heavy locomotives to "hang up" or catch when going through these, especially when attempting to use these switches as a crossover. Without going into detail here due to space limitations, he explained clearly that it is only few times they can present a problem and how to resolve it. More of concern, is that Märklin is seriously considering discontinuing the K-track system within the next year or two, with currently no direct replacement decided at this point in time.
<hr noshade size="1]

Has anyone else heard such a rumor? I know that in these parts Mr. Leitenberger is considered an extremely credible individual, but since I wasn't personally present and able to ask him the source of this information, I can't judge its reliability.
Lee Sauer
Sacramento, CA
Offline Ranjit  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2008 04:43:13(UTC)
Ranjit

Lee, I think discontinuing the K-track system with no direct replacement will be another BIG mistake. I wonder where Marklin is headed.

Cheers,
Ranjit
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline rschaffr  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2008 06:49:35(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
I agree with that! No K track would be a disaster! There were rumors floating around a while ago (or maybe wishful thinking) of a new non-trackbed track with the profile and electrical characteristics of C-track. Hopefully they would have something like that out before they discontinue my K track!
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline mvd71  
#4 Posted : 28 August 2008 12:45:49(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
If they went away from K track it would be a very sad day indeed, although maybe peco could enter the market.
One sure fire way to ensure that they don't discontinue K track would be for everyone who buys C track to wake up and change to K track. The sales data would then tell marklin the right way to go!
Offline Macfire  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2008 12:50:42(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by leesauer
More of concern, is that Märklin is seriously considering discontinuing the K-track system within the next year or two, with currently no direct replacement decided at this point in time.

NO [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!]
[size=4]NO NO NO [:(!] [:(!] [:(!]
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
Offline hxmiesa  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2008 12:59:55(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
This rumor has existed for at least 10 years now. I hope it will continue to be just that (a rumor)...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline mmrcnzjohn  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2008 13:02:07(UTC)
mmrcnzjohn

New Zealand   
10 years and its still there.

Draw you own conclusion.

John
Offline mvd71  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2008 13:35:47(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
The risk to K track occurs because many people will buy the item that is the newest simply because its the newest, not because it is the best.

I had the C V's K discussion with someone in our club who had decided that K was a thing of the past decause of what happened to M track.

However, as I said before, it comes down to market forces. If we all buy K track rather than C track, they will produce K track.

Maybe even with some new items biggrin
Offline Weltenbummler  
#9 Posted : 28 August 2008 14:33:49(UTC)
Weltenbummler

Germany   
Just keep in mind, Marklin has to save some money in production costs somewhere.
So there is a small chance that k-track will disappear in the near future.
I'm not saying it does, but I would not be surprised if it does.
O.K., basicly I'm not concerned as I'm using m-track. And have a look around ebay and all second hand shops
at least here in Germany are full of these tracks. Reason is simple, m-track discontinued and k-track was on the market already for a long time. People changed from m to k and sold their stuff. O.k., lots of m-track comes out of people who inherited that stuff and did not know what to do with it. But I believe if k-track goes of the market the same will happen. Lots of people will sell their tracks and the k-track believers and lovers will have enough supply.
Regard from Karachi
Thomas
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 28 August 2008 14:51:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
When was K track first introduced? M track was produced for over 50 years, so there is plenty of it available 2nd hand. There probably isn't as much K track around (don't think I've ever seen it on our NZ Trademe auction site), but I guess you could still get it if it was discontinued.

Just had a look through my catalogs - K track is not in the 1968 catalog, but is in the 1969 catalog, so I guess it has been around for 39 years!
Offline klinge-germany  
#11 Posted : 28 August 2008 14:57:14(UTC)
klinge-germany

i would not fear a lack of supply, but a step from M to have only C-track as an offer would be like kicking out their customers who want a 'real' model trackbed which in my eyes can only be achieved with K-track. C-track has many advantages, i know, but if you have a look at large layouts with c-tracks the overall unique colour of the tracks is not a realistic like view, especially for layouts which shall represent era 3 and before. of course, for non-permanent layouts c-track is the best choice nowadays...
and.... old m-track has an own kind of fascination for me....
alfred...with M since 1960...layout under construction (in mind...)
collecting M items - but not a collector...
editing posts only for tyops...uppps...typos
Offline hxmiesa  
#12 Posted : 28 August 2008 18:02:02(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Thomas Duengefeld
<br />Just keep in mind, Marklin has to save some money in production costs somewhere.

I certainly hope that you are wrong! ;-)
Does K-track make money? -The product mix is almost complete, where so many tracks are still missing in the C-series. So why discontinue it?

On the other hand I hope that you are right in your other observation; that plenty of tracks will be available secondhand.
-However I think this will NOT happen!
M-track last forever, and are resold all the time.
K-track is too fragile, and it is much more difficult for it to survive a permanent layout breakdown.
This summer in Denmark I saw lots of secondhand track in the hobby-shops, but not much K-track. Actually there has never been much around of that, compared to M (-and even C nowadays!) -I beleive that the above mentioned reason is one of the main explanations...

There is always de revived Röwa track. IF it will make it to market...?
Best regards
Offline TTRExpress  
#13 Posted : 28 August 2008 18:23:08(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
There always seems to be lots of track items for sale on E-bay, whether is is M-, K- or C-. If K- goes out of production then I am sure that there will always be some for sale.

TRIX discontinued its TRIX Express line in 1997 and stopped producing the 3-rail high-profile nickel-silver track but one can still find lots of it for sale. One can still find the original Bakelite and fibre-based track also.

I highly doubt we really need to worry about a shortage of track items.
Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline john black  
#14 Posted : 28 August 2008 19:40:22(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />Just keep in mind, M has to save some money in production costs somewhere.
I'm not saying it does, but I would not be surprised if it does.

I agree with Thomas. Guess they simply can't afford two track systems, anymore.
Another clue are the starter sets - for some years nine out of ten come with C-track.

And according to my old European dealer K-track production has ceased for more than a year.
What M is selling to us are the leftovers ...
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 28 August 2008 22:22:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very sad about K-Tracks gone.

There is no K-Tracks in the Starter set at present.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Ranjit  
#16 Posted : 28 August 2008 22:27:08(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi Steven,

What about the #29830 HO Digital 'Era III' Starter Set. This comes with K-track?

Cheers,
Ranjit
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline perz  
#17 Posted : 28 August 2008 23:39:39(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Quote:
<br />
Lots of people will sell their tracks and the k-track believers and lovers will have enough supply.

But to what quality? While much of the M tracks have been used only on temporary layouts, K-track is typically the choice only if you build a permanent layout. Reused tracks from torn-up permanent layouts are generally in much worse shape than the ones that have only been "played" with. I would never ever consider building a layout with any of the used K-tracks I have seen so far.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#18 Posted : 29 August 2008 00:22:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
One good thing may come out of this - we may finally get a C track turntable!! [:p][:p]
Offline rschaffr  
#19 Posted : 29 August 2008 01:14:58(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Well, for me it would probably be the end of Märklin. I would have to start over again with 2-rail. I would probably still do European, but another brand. I have built a layout with C track just to see how it works. It works great but is too "toylike" for me. Actually if M did discontinue K without a "profi" replacement it will cement the feeling in this country that Märklin is really only a toy manufacturer and not into serious MRR.
-Ron
Offline David Dewar  
#20 Posted : 29 August 2008 01:19:36(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Ron you can still buy K track now and it may well be that it will continue.
Dont give up yet.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline mjrallare  
#21 Posted : 29 August 2008 01:23:14(UTC)
mjrallare

Well I guess that what Thomas says makes sense. Somewhere money has to be saved... But when I tried to decide which track to use for my new layout (I opted for C-track), I don't know how many comments I found while searching the web (and many were very old) that said that production of K-track was going to end. So as hxmiesa said, I think this rumour has been around for quite some time.

/Torbjörn
Offline Rowan  
#22 Posted : 29 August 2008 01:26:10(UTC)
Rowan

Ulf can build our track for us; problem solved![:I]

Smile
Offline mvd71  
#23 Posted : 29 August 2008 09:41:13(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I know a number of people who where modelling when K track first came out, and they commented that it was like marklin had finaaly joined the world of serious modellers.
When C track came on the market, they rolled their eyes heavenward and exclaimed "Why are they going back to that rubbish"

I fear, that should marklin drop K track, they would be the laughing stock of the modelling world.

Cheers....

Mike.

P.S Peco could always step into the gap[}:)]
Offline RayF  
#24 Posted : 29 August 2008 10:42:52(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I have to admit that I went straight from M track to C track, but I always thought that when I build a serious model railway I will use K track.

The trouble is, I don't think I'll ever be that serious!

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline mjrallare  
#25 Posted : 29 August 2008 13:32:03(UTC)
mjrallare

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by RayPayas
<br />I have to admit that I went straight from M track to C track, but I always thought that when I build a serious model railway I will use K track.

The trouble is, I don't think I'll ever be that serious!

Ray

I guess I'm not that serious either...biggrin But I honestly think you can be serious and still use C-track. After my small "investigation", I concluded that C-track in many ways was "better" than K-track, but lacked "the looks". So I decided to use K-track. But then I saw the pictures of ballasted C-track posted by ulf999 and almagik on this forum, and changed my mind.Smile[:p]

Sorry for going slightly off topic...

/Torbjörn
Offline hxmiesa  
#26 Posted : 29 August 2008 16:06:46(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Allow me to voice a strong opinion; I have planned and played with all three track-types, and there is simply NOTHING that beats the K-track geometry!!!
Apart from the product mix being almost complete, let me just go into the slim switches; Although not as slim as the C-tracks slim ones, they permit a parallel track spacing of 55mm (Original=52mm, so pretty darn close!!!) C-track only allows 64mm, which is the original spacing K-track uses for R2 switches.
K-track does NOT need the stupid 71mm straight trackpieces that C-track needs (And you´ll need a LOT of them when using C)
The slim K-switches being "almost" as soft as the slim C-switches hence needs MUCH less space (length) when using many switches together.
The slim K-switch is PRACTICALLY 15º (and so is it´s corresponding contra-curve-piece!), making life MUCH easier when mixing different radii, or making more creative combinations.
Also for modifications, the track is simpler to cut and join, as you dont have to worry about aligning the plastic ballast.

Actually... I know I shouldnt bash, but... The C-track slim switches really suck! (sorry ;-)

Best regards
Offline klinge-germany  
#27 Posted : 29 August 2008 16:26:24(UTC)
klinge-germany

and... there is the flex track 2205 which allows nearly every radius you want. but of course, PERZ is right, used k-track comes normally from permanent layouts where it has been ballasted and glued and is in poor condition after demounting. and a flextrack 2205 bowed once to a certain radius is not easily to reuse as a (real) straight track.
Offline steventrain  
#28 Posted : 29 August 2008 16:31:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin will not withdrawing K-Track until they develop a flex track for the C-Track. wink
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline RayF  
#29 Posted : 29 August 2008 16:40:23(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
It looks like it depends on how serious you are!

I personally prefer not to take anything that seriously.

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline mjrallare  
#30 Posted : 29 August 2008 18:06:39(UTC)
mjrallare

Well, Henrik and others. I agree 100% that C-track product mix is lacking and not as complete as K-track. When I wrote that C-track was "better" it was of course just my own subjective conclusion drawn from the many different views that can be found on the web.wink

Many were very much in favour of K-track, and many were very much in favour of C-track.biggrin

The lack of flex-track was a big minus for C-track, but in the end I had to come to a decision.

Don't tell me I made the wrong one!biggrin

/Torbjörn
Offline David Dewar  
#31 Posted : 29 August 2008 18:24:12(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
My view is that C track is the better track but i would agree that if you enjoy the look of a ballasted by hand track then K is better.
The running qualities of C are top class and the benefit or wiring and decoders under the ballast is also good. I cant see many kids now starting in model rail wanting to ballast track and with C you can have a layout up and running in minutes.
I would have thought that there would be sufficient track available to keep K track lovers in business for many years to come.
On a similar point I have been saying for some time now that we should have stocks not only of K but also of C track as if M goes bust then the thing that will be missed most is track. This would have the knock on that other manufacturers would require to make track or give up producing A/C models.
I will be starting a new layout next year and will be able to use almost all of the C track on my present layout which if I had hand ballasted track might not be possible.
Peco make track and I am sure they would step in with a bigger range of A/C stuff.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline klinge-germany  
#32 Posted : 29 August 2008 19:20:52(UTC)
klinge-germany

david, you are right, c-track is the track for M nowadays and that's no wonder because it is the 'newest' one compared to m-track or k-track, no doubt. and it is the 'legal' successor of m-track especially for beginners like kids, again no doubt. the program of c-track is not complete, we all know but for most layout plans it is sufficient. the only problem is the look and feel with big layouts because of the unique grey color, and the only way to come out of that is to ballast c-track (but that is as difficult as ballasting m-track (i did that...) ) or use k-track, but you should not use the same kind of ballast on the whole layout, then it would look like the c-track, just have a look at the prototype and you will see many different colours of the ballast and this makes much of the 'look and feel' of the layout.
Offline Goofy  
#33 Posted : 29 August 2008 22:55:54(UTC)
Goofy

K-track will not been vanished...!!!

It will become some changed of the style,perhaps smaller rail this time and not so high of rail too...!

Just like same shape of C-rail code 90 and studcontact too...

Why not...?

Goofy,the smarter one [}:)]
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#34 Posted : 29 August 2008 23:09:15(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

It might be a good idea for Märklin to allow for a company of it's own to produce the K-track; possibly not even own by Märklin. One of the great weaknesses with Märklin is their inability to cooperate with other firms; K-track seems to me to be a niche product not very suitable for Märklins business...

This thinking of mine is of course along the same line as I think Märklin should not product their own digital profi system; they should cooperate around standards, for better cost effectiveness.

/Lars
Offline David Dewar  
#35 Posted : 30 August 2008 01:10:49(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Not sure about that Lars. Marklin I think make a good job with their track and the disaster with ESU and the MS and CS where nearly all MS were returned and still no booster for the CS. they are better staying away from outside sources where possible.
I would like to see M just produce HO and make everything themselves in Germany to the old standard.

David
Offline Goofy  
#36 Posted : 30 August 2008 09:39:01(UTC)
Goofy

David...

You are now leaving out of K-tracks information.

You shall not writing about other stuff.

We are writing about K-tracks,okey...? wink

Goofy
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kimballthurlow  
#37 Posted : 30 August 2008 12:55:27(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi all,
As at this moment, there are 420 listings of K track on http://www.ebay.de
Does that represent a shortage?
Only if demand becomes excessive I guess.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#38 Posted : 30 August 2008 13:16:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by kimballthurlow
<br />Hi all,
regards
Kimball

Only approx 230 of those auctions are specifically for 22xx series track, and a good percentage of those are dealers selling new track. So that may leave say approx 130 - 150 auctions selling 2nd hand 22xx series track. Contrast that with about 800 auctions selling M track, and you get some idea of the lolly scramble it would be to obtain good 2nd hand 22xx series K track, should it be discontinued.
Offline john black  
#39 Posted : 30 August 2008 18:31:14(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Goofy
<br />David...

You are now leaving out of K-tracks information.

You shall not writing about other stuff.

We are writing about K-tracks,okey...? wink

Goofy

OMG. Your posts honor your name, indeed ... biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline rschaffr  
#40 Posted : 30 August 2008 19:00:57(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by kimballthurlow
<br />Hi all,
regards
Kimball

When I was starting my layout I bought some K track on e-bay. In one instance I got 2100 series track which I could not use. In another purchase many of the ties were broken off the rails. In all cases there were globs of ballast and some tracks were severely weathered. I stopped even looking at it and bought new.
-Ron
Offline ulf999  
#41 Posted : 30 August 2008 20:00:10(UTC)
ulf999

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Rowan
<br />
Ulf can build our track for us; problem solved![:I]

Smile

biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
Ulf, American HO. www.goldenvalleyroute.com/
Offline David Dewar  
#42 Posted : 30 August 2008 22:52:07(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
If M were to stop producing K then I am sure there would be plenty of notice. If they are selling sufficient quantities then I can see no reason to stop.

David
Offline Macfire  
#43 Posted : 02 September 2008 06:04:47(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mjrallare

/Torbjörn

Yep!
You did wink

K TRACK ROCKS [:p] [:p]
Lord Macca
Offline mvd71  
#44 Posted : 02 September 2008 13:32:45(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
You can't tell them that often enough Maccawink
Offline mjrallare  
#45 Posted : 02 September 2008 15:18:22(UTC)
mjrallare

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Macfire
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mjrallare

/Torbjörn

Yep!
You did wink

K TRACK ROCKS [:p] [:p]

Well, it wouldn't be the first mistake I've made. And probably not the last one either...biggrin

/Torbjörn
Offline Peter Neumann  
#46 Posted : 27 January 2009 05:10:47(UTC)
Peter Neumann

United States   
The lighted K-track bumpers - are they fitted with a bulb or LED?

IF it is an LED, what resistor value do I need to add if I am feeding accessory power (for lights) from an old 280 Transformer?

Peter
ETE-GL
Offline mike c  
#47 Posted : 27 January 2009 05:53:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
There is a push towards C-Track, because it may have certain advantages in use with digital components, ie the wiring is under the track and accessories can be supplied from the track. This may be the future for "play" model trains, but Maerklin surely will have to keep the more serious modeller in mind as well.
I made the shift from M to K in the 1980s, because Maerklin failed to produce radii larger than the 5200 in M Track. I equipped myself with the larger K radii and used them with my first 1:87 coaches.
I decided to test out C Track in 2001 (29859) and have since acquired some of the R4 and R5 radii curves for the 1:87 rolling stock. Shortly thereafter, the contact clips on many of the track pieces from the 29859 Set started to break. I contacted Maerklin and was told to send the pieces back for return. The problem that I have is that I suspect all the tracks are faulty, but they want only those that have broken so far, which could prove to be very costly if I return them one by one.
I think that K Track is still the choice of the advanced modeller, who wishes to build his own ballast and other such work, although I was pretty impressed with the layout featured in Loki 2009/01. (see loki.ch).
I don't think that we can expect to see a fully flexible C Track. For this reason, I think that ending the K-Track series would result in a lot of modellers giving up 3 rail, which in my mind would be the end of Maerklin.
I could see Maerklin licensing the production of K-Track to Peco or another company. This way, Maerklin could concentrate on C-Track while K-Track would continue on it's own. This might be a good solution as then there would be two companies making 3 rail track.
I guess that we will have to wait and see and keep our eyes open and
our ears to the track.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#48 Posted : 27 January 2009 07:23:33(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Of course you realise that the rumoured demise of K track is part of xxup and my plan to once again make M track the dominant Marklin track system.

Now, all we need to do is get rid of that pesky C track system, and our plans for world domination will be complete!
Offline Macfire  
#49 Posted : 27 January 2009 08:37:48(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Peter Neumann
<br />The lighted K-track bumpers - are they fitted with a bulb or LED?

IF it is an LED, what resistor value do I need to add if I am feeding accessory power (for lights) from an old 280 Transformer?

Peter
ETE-GL

None Pete.
I am using on old traffo for power supply and I have no issues with mine.
Just plug them in.
Lord Macca
Offline mvd71  
#50 Posted : 27 January 2009 10:33:13(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:There is a push towards C-Track, because it may have certain advantages in use with digital components, ie the wiring is under the track and accessories can be supplied from the track.

Tell that to the person who has just finished ballasting track when their point decoder or signal module fails![B)]