Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tom Jessop  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2015 21:01:23(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Playing with the idea of using a double track wye in one part of the layout , I have asked this question before & received answers but seem to have lost the plans somewhere of what tracks I need . Could any one point me in the right direction as to where something like this may be found . I have done a archive search on the archives here with no luck .

Thanks in advance ,

Tom in Oz who still has to do his report on our European holiday & thoughts on Eurospoor & the IMA show .
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2015 00:24:51(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Playing with the idea of using a double track wye in one part of the layout , I have asked this question before & received answers but seem to have lost the plans somewhere of what tracks I need . Could any one point me in the right direction as to where something like this may be found . I have done a archive search on the archives here with no luck .

Thanks in advance ,

Tom in Oz who still has to do his report on our European holiday & thoughts on Eurospoor & the IMA show .

Hi Tom,

What type of track?

BigGrin Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Tom Jessop  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2015 00:31:47(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Opps I put in the header but forgot about the main message . I am using K track .
Offline GLI  
#4 Posted : 10 November 2015 01:48:29(UTC)
GLI

Hi Tom

If you are simply building a double Y junction, then all you should need is 2 points (both either right or left handed), a diamond crossing and a couple of lengths of flexible K track. I wouldn't waste my time or go to the added expense and complexity of trying to build it out of set pieces of K track.

In the heading, you mention a double triangular junction. By this, do you mean a junction similar to the triangular junction in Sydney located between Chester Hill, Regents Park and Bankstown. If so, then you would need 6 pairs of points, 3 diamond crossings, and a few more lengths of flexible K track. Again, I wouldn't go to the expense of trying to build it out set pieces of K traak.

I have to say I am a little puzzled by your question and hope I haven't misunderstood your query, as I would have thought the answer would have been obvious to an experienced railwayman like yourself.

Regards
Geoff
Offline Tom Jessop  
#5 Posted : 10 November 2015 02:10:47(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Actually after the set track part numbers needed for this . I must be still a bit jet lagged & forgetting to ask the full question

Cheers Tom in Oz
Offline GLI  
#6 Posted : 10 November 2015 03:35:28(UTC)
GLI

Hi Tom

I wondered if that might be the case as I was typing my post. Regretably, I am unable to assist you as I gave up using set track 3 decades ago.

regards
Geoff