Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2014 09:11:24(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
A few month ago, I replaced the decoder of my Märklin 120 003-9 (3653) with the 60760 decoder and 5-pole HLA motor.

The simple 60760 decoder officially supports only the standard light ports (LV / LR) but no additional free AUX ports. But there are two undocumented AUX ports available. F3 is an amplified AUX port that can be connected directly, F1 is a non-amplified logic level port, that must be amplified before using.

For the beginning, I connected a control cab light to F3. On the right side, You can see the buffer capacitor:

UserPostedImage

To enable the non-amplified F1, You can take a lokk to this document:
http://www.web-hgh.de/pp...l/Decoder-Tuning_pic.pdf

or to my circuit plan, including the buffer capacitor with resistor and Schottky Diode:

UserPostedImage

Here the motor shield equipped with ball bearing:

UserPostedImage

And here the control cab with interior light (much to bright):

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 09 October 2014 08:51:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#2 Posted : 01 October 2014 09:37:30(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
And here the loco in full view:

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline biedmatt  
#3 Posted : 01 October 2014 12:23:32(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Joined: 09/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,343
Location: Southwest Ohio
A simple circuit board for amplifying two logic level outputs. Less than $5 US.

http://store.sbs4dcc.com...ctionAmplifierBoard.aspx
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2014 13:00:07(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
A simple circuit board for amplifying two logic level outputs. Less than $5 US.

http://store.sbs4dcc.com...ctionAmplifierBoard.aspx

Thanks, but I hjave already some Dual-MOSFETs here at home. I will solder it myself and put it in a shrink hose and use it for decoders with two not-amplified AUX ports like the Esu LokPilot/LokSound.

Alternatevly for a single AUX I have also some transistors and resisitors here, too.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#5 Posted : 09 October 2014 08:03:01(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Joined: 02/04/2013(UTC)
Posts: 682
Enable F1 AUX port on 60760 fx decoder

These are the needed parts to enable the un-amplified F1 AUX port:

UserPostedImage

The transistor and capacitor are soldered with the cables and put into the shrink hose:

UserPostedImage

The white cable is the decoder GND (in the circuit plan it is purple) and the brown-green one is connected to the low-level F1 AUX port:

UserPostedImage

The orange one is ready to be connected to an electrical load (light bulb, LED, ...):

UserPostedImage

There is no function mapping needed, the AUX port is already mapped to F1. On the MS2 You only have to activate the F1 button!
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline db ice3  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2015 14:36:19(UTC)
db ice3


Joined: 24/12/2009(UTC)
Posts: 178
Location: uk
thankyou sooo much for posting this excellent article - the pictures and diagrams are fantastic and make it easier to understand the procedure - thankyou for showing this!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by db ice3
Offline scraigen  
#7 Posted : 26 February 2019 19:01:33(UTC)
scraigen


Joined: 29/01/2009(UTC)
Posts: 297
Location: Sheffield,
Great article, how effective are you finding the capacitor?

Also this image seems to be missing...
”circuit plan, including the buffer capacitor with resistor and Schottky Diode:”
Must build something
Offline applor  
#8 Posted : 26 February 2019 22:45:16(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Joined: 21/05/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,557
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Considering how cheap decoders are now, I'd bin the 60760 and install a ESU Lopi or similar for 126 speed steps and better features.
modelling 1954 Germany (era IIIa)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 27 February 2019 10:57:47(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 18,456
Location: New Zealand
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Considering how cheap decoders are now, I'd bin the 60760 and install a ESU Lopi or similar for 126 speed steps and better features.


I wouldn't bin the 60760, in fact I'm happy to use more of them.

126 speed steps are way over rated - that's umpteen turns on your controller knob to get the decoder up to max speed and an umpteen more to slow it down! I honestly don't understand this 'wow wee' nonsense over 126 speed steps!

28 is the max you (I) need.
Offline river6109  
#10 Posted : 27 February 2019 12:53:28(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Joined: 22/01/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,056
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Considering how cheap decoders are now, I'd bin the 60760 and install a ESU Lopi or similar for 126 speed steps and better features.


I wouldn't bin the 60760, in fact I'm happy to use more of them.

126 speed steps are way over rated - that's umpteen turns on your controller knob to get the decoder up to max speed and an umpteen more to slow it down! I honestly don't understand this 'wow wee' nonsense over 126 speed steps!

28 is the max you (I) need.


there is some truth in it. all my locos are set on a 126 speed step but I've found by the time they get to the top speed they already entering another station area.my layout is suited for 126 steps but this would be without stopping and if this is how you operate your train 126 speed steps are fine

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline xxup  
#11 Posted : 27 February 2019 23:28:46(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Joined: 15/03/2003(UTC)
Posts: 9,378
Location: Australia
+1 on the 126 speed steps..

It reminds me of a Prime Minister that said people will never need an Internet speed of 100mps at home.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline applor  
#12 Posted : 28 February 2019 00:06:23(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Joined: 21/05/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,557
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Considering how cheap decoders are now, I'd bin the 60760 and install a ESU Lopi or similar for 126 speed steps and better features.


I wouldn't bin the 60760, in fact I'm happy to use more of them.

126 speed steps are way over rated - that's umpteen turns on your controller knob to get the decoder up to max speed and an umpteen more to slow it down! I honestly don't understand this 'wow wee' nonsense over 126 speed steps!

28 is the max you (I) need.


I disagree completely. Sure when the loco is at speed its not a big deal but if you want smooth slow speed acceleration and deceleration you need 126 speed steps.
The old Marklin 6090 decoders are an exception because even though they have 27 speed steps, the speed steps are smoothed and I find them acceptable though still not as good as 126 speed steps.

I found the 60760 speed steps to be very harsh at low speeds and would not use it again.
modelling 1954 Germany (era IIIa)
Offline dickinsonj  
#13 Posted : 28 February 2019 01:11:59(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Joined: 05/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,540
Location: United States
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post

I found the 60760 speed steps to be very harsh at low speeds and would not use it again.


That was my experience as well. I recently removed that decoder from my Class 103 which I upgrade a couple of years ago. This time I used an mSD/3 and the difference in performance from the same motor is amazing. It now runs very smoothly and at an amazingly small number of speed steps without a stumble or a jerk (operator excepted). ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
I have models from Era I to Era VI, but I try to focus on Eras I & III. Whoops, that one got away from me. Let's just say I focus on cool trains, regardless of the particulars :-)
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.639 seconds.