Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2013 17:28:09(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
HI, I am new to this forum and recently acquired a 6043 Memory unit without any instructions. I have checked all of the previous links and none seem to be functioning anymore. I can only find a Portuguese download on Google.

Can anyone please send me an active link to download this manual in either English or German, or perhaps send me a PDF?

Thanks
Peter
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2013 18:10:32(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
HI, I am new to this forum and recently acquired a 6043 Memory unit without any instructions. I have checked all of the previous links and none seem to be functioning anymore. I can only find a Portuguese download on Google.

Can anyone please send me an active link to download this manual in either English or German, or perhaps send me a PDF?

Thanks
Peter

Stiil no manual but you can contact marklin to send youa copy as members done it before.

http://www.maerklin.com/en/contact.html
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Hoffmann  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2013 19:28:48(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hello Peter,

I have one in English which I could send to you all I need is your mailing Address.

Regards Martin
marklin-eh
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hoffmann
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 04 April 2013 21:44:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Unfortunately, the pdf version of the 6043 manual that I have is in German only.
Offline cookee_nz  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2013 23:33:23(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   

Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

While you are waiting for a full manual, the following four pages from Tom Catherall's 1991 book may be of some use....

If you can't read them clearly (make sure you click on them) let me know and I can email direct.

HTH

Steve
NZ

cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
2675-cvr-r.jpg
2675-p43-memory-r.jpg
2675-p44-memory-r.jpg
2675-p45-memory-r.jpg
2675-p46-memory-r.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline cookee_nz  
#6 Posted : 05 April 2013 04:28:00(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
There's also a fairly detailed overview of operation in the 1990 Digital Book 0303, but it's quite a few more pages and covers use with S88 input units thoroughly.

Happy to scan and email those if you need more.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline PMPeter  
#7 Posted : 11 April 2013 04:09:08(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thank you to everyone that helped me out in this matter. I now have the full manual and my initial fear that I had just purchased an expensive paperweight is gone thanks to this forum.
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 11 April 2013 08:59:07(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I highly recommend that you "pop the hood" and check that the battery has not started to bleed/corrode
Peter
Offline PMPeter  
#9 Posted : 11 April 2013 17:23:38(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thanks I had the same concern, but found no obvious way to open the unit. I assumed that there may be some assembly screws under the silicone rubber feet, but gentle persuasion of trying to pull those out gave me no joy either. So I waited for the manual to see if it gave any maintenance tips for checking or replacing the battery, but it doesn't.

So before I use more brute force in trying to remove the feet, can anyone tell me if I am on the right track or if there is another way to open the unit? Once inside am I going to encounter a Marklin exclusive battery or something that can be readily sourced and replaced? A search on eBay for a 6043 replacement battery produces nothing.

I am coming to the conclusion that connecting to a laptop may have been easier.
Offline cookee_nz  
#10 Posted : 11 April 2013 21:27:32(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Thanks I had the same concern, but found no obvious way to open the unit. I assumed that there may be some assembly screws under the silicone rubber feet, but gentle persuasion of trying to pull those out gave me no joy either. So I waited for the manual to see if it gave any maintenance tips for checking or replacing the battery, but it doesn't.

So before I use more brute force in trying to remove the feet, can anyone tell me if I am on the right track or if there is another way to open the unit? Once inside am I going to encounter a Marklin exclusive battery or something that can be readily sourced and replaced? A search on eBay for a 6043 replacement battery produces nothing.

I am coming to the conclusion that connecting to a laptop may have been easier.

I believe it is like the other units of the same period, there are four plastic 'plugs', two on each side. Essentially they need to be drilled out because they are a press-fit and lock into place. Be very careful not to drill further in then you need or you risk damage to the internals.

They are not unlike the upholstery and interior trim clips found in cars except that these have no obvious way to grip them.

I have seen articles with pictures on how to open one up but for the life of me cannot find one now to refer you to but in the case of my 6022 Central Control, I drilled a VERY small hole into the center of the plugs, then screwed an equally small self-tapping screw into the plug which gave me enough to grip onto and simply pull it out.

Drill in no more than about 1cm, putting a 'collar' on your drill bit or a sleeve up to the chuck so that only 1cm of drill is exposed should help you.

Hopefully this will help, I'll keep searching to see if I can find an article about it unless someone else finds it first. Might even have been here.

** EDIT - HERE YOU GO (https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/yaf_postsm300248_posts.aspx) - Knew I'd seen it somewhere, all these units have similar style cases. I've pasted below the photo's from Roman's original 2011 topic.

Regards

Steve
NZ
cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
DigitalCase1.jpg
DigitalCase2.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 11 April 2013 22:16:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
...... drilled a VERY small hole into the center of the plugs, then screwed an equally small self-tapping screw into the plug which gave me enough to grip onto and simply pull it out.

That works for the 60052 transformers as well, as Peter C showed me.
Offline PMPeter  
#12 Posted : 12 April 2013 04:14:58(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thanks again. No wonder M doesn't mention anything about replacing the battery. I guess they never intended for anyone to go inside these white cases.