Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Roman  
#1 Posted : 08 September 2011 18:26:06(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Hello all,
Has anyone here opened the plastic case to a 66045 Delta controller without damage and would let me know how? No screws that I can see but there are two pins on either side of the case that appear to be lock pins. Without buggering it up with a screwdriver to see I thought to ask. I hope that I got a new one at a good price but there is something loose inside of it and without knowing what it is I didn't want to try it out. Thank you in advance.
Roman

Edited by user 09 September 2011 02:59:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dntower85  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2011 19:36:22(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
I've opened the older delta controller, but this one sounds more like it is made like the 6021 with the welded plastic pins. They can be drilled out but use a drill stop because you don't want to go more than about 6mm deep

After it is apart the inside case can be tapped so that plastic screws can be used to hold the case together.
You can counter sink the outside of the case and use flat top screw to mount it flush. Some where on the net and maybe a thread from about 2007 there is info on taking apart a 6021
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Roman  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2011 22:42:13(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Thank you. I drilled out the pins without too much fuss. I'll find some screws and tap the threads as suggested. The source of the rattle is a busted light bulb. It is of course soldered to the circuit board. I'm looking for a light bulb substitute for the following number found on the glass, ESB711C3AX. That appears to be the whole number. I attached both the bulb and the case disassembled here. It must be the size of the file. If you click on the 4853 it will open to a picture of the bulb.
Roman attached the following image(s):
IMG_4854.JPG
IMG_4853.JPG
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2011 23:29:07(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Roman Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking for a light bulb substitute

That "light bulb" is (or was) the bi-metal overload protection.
Sorry, but this is all I can say about it.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Roman  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2011 23:39:28(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Roman Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking for a light bulb substitute

That "light bulb" is (or was) the bi-metal overload protection.
Sorry, but this is all I can say about it.

That's a horse of a different color. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense though. I thought the "Light Bulb" switch on the panel was to light up the case until I read it's actual function of turning on the selected locomotives lights instead. I had assumed this bimetal o/l prot to be that light originally. It's my intro into Delta/digital and what a way to begin.

Here is a photo of one of the lugs modified to adapt a plastic 8/32 screw as suggested by dntower85. $1 worth of screws from Home Depot plus tap on hand. Thank you.

If you will click on the JPG 4858 number you will see a not so great photo of the bimetalic overload protection element as suggested by HO. I think the glass case broke off because of stress from the metal flange (Heat Sink?) adjacent to it. Do you think it would still be usable if I merely super glued the glass back on? As long as the elements could expand to open the circuit it should work, no? The issue is that Robert Frowenfeld checked with Marklin and there are no spares listed for the controller. As cheap as it was, free, it's not a great loss. I'd just like it for the features over the earlier controller.
Roman

Edited by user 10 September 2011 04:55:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Roman attached the following image(s):
IMG_4861.JPG
IMG_4858.JPG