Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline hansbos  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2008 01:46:52(UTC)
hansbos

I am 44 and about to reenter the fray as a Marklin H0 user. When I was a kid (between about 1970 and 1975) my dad and I had a beautiful Marklin layout (about 4m by 1.5m), which I very much enjoyed. Unfortunately, we moved, my interest waned, and the entire layout was sold. We both always regretted this, but it's taken me 30+ years to find the space and time to get back into my earliest hobby. This forum and other web sites have been a real stimulus in that regard. It's nice to see how passionate people are about their Marklin trains.

The problem is that I have a very hard time deciding whether to go modern and buy a digital starter set, some C-track, and some modern (but expensive) locomotives or whether to try to replicate my old setup with the beautiful metal M-track, the blue switch boxes and transformers, and the simplicity (and inconvenience) of being limited to running one train at a time. I am pretty technically inclined, but I have to admit being overwhelmed by all the choices of decoders, control stations, high-efficiency motors, and so forth. I recently bought a beautiful 3327 (NS 1100) locomotive on Ebay, looking forward to using it once I have some track, but I now realize that I'd need to first convert it before being able to use it on a modern layout.

So I'm toying with the idea of starting out by buying a bunch of inexpensive M-track and a used analog transformer and switch gear and building a classic pre-digital setup first. I would be able to build a larger layout with more trains for my money but would need to live with the limitations of not having digital control.

My question is whether anyone else has faced this decision and chosen to go that route? Am I thinking about this correctly? Am I missing important reasons to go digital? Will I have the opportunity to go digital in the future even if I start with a 1970s style M-track system? Any thoughts and opinions would be very welcome.

A couple of other potentially useful facts: (1) I am planning a layout that reflects Era IV and maybe a little carryover from Era III. I moved from Holland to the U.S. in 1989 and I'm not really interested in cars and locomotives from after that time. (2) This is for me and my girlfriend exclusively. We do not have children and do not plan for any. Our dogs are really smart, but not into railroading and I don't plan to build a showcase layout for a local club or something. (3) I spent six summers working for the Dutch railways and my passion is long-distance international passenger trains.

Thanks for reading this long message. I really like the discussions I have read here and hope you will be able to help me with my decisions.
Santa Clara, California
Offline perz  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2008 02:00:08(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
I find it hard to give recommendations about what I think is personal preferences, so I won't tell you "go digital!" or "stay analog!".

Anyway, Märklin M-track work well with digital. It is not a big problem to convert from analog to digital later. However, it may be worth the effort to plan how to place contact tracks, power segmentations etc. so that it fits both an analog and a digital scenario from the start.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2008 02:00:33(UTC)
H0

Welcome to this forum!

Digital operation has two fascinating advantages:
- ability to control multiple trains on the same track (I guess that brought me to digital operation)
- ability to control (digital) functions of your locomotives (head lights, long-distance head lights, horn, bells, and whistles, ...)

Since your main interest are long-distance passenger trains, you probably can do without that.

I don't wanna miss load regulation and acceleration and braking delay. This makes train operation much more realistic IMHO.

Trains derailed pretty often with the old m-track we have.
I think c-track is the best choice for non-permanent layouts.

M-track and blue switch boxes are OK, but avoid blue transformers if you wanna buy new mfx locos.
I regret that I have to say that I heard quite often that new locos with compact c-sine (CCS) or soft drive sinus (SDS) behave rather bad in classic operation.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Frostie  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2008 02:17:16(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
The magic of our hobby is that you get to choose what you want ??

Will you ever want to run new digital locomotives ??

I am finding that Digital with Central Station (or equivalent) you can do many varied functions with only two wires attached to the track. I could never figure out the wiring and whatnot with an analogue system.

You can try the classic digital system with 6021 and a turnout box. Possibly easy to purchase on ebay also.

You can buy M-Track on ebay by the pound price but it can have some conytact problems as compared to C Track which is very easy to work with.

What Have I done - C Track Central Station and using new Digital Locomotioves. I really enjoy the multi and varied sound functions that are available now. For me the sound and smoke makes it really worthwhile.

Train Collection Insured by "Croc's" with "Big Boys" as Backup"
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.
Love those Era 1 Tank Locomotives - the more the merrier.

Offline Laffe  
#5 Posted : 04 August 2008 02:40:40(UTC)
Laffe

Welcome back.

There are several of us who still run analogue on M-track. A lot run digital on M-track, and there are those of us who have gone the digital route and switched to C-track. A lot of people mix old and new track too. Then there is K-track too, must not forget them.

So here's my advice, for what it's worth. Buy some M-track, and an analogue transformer to get you up and running. Then take a look at the starter sets available with C-track. The cheapest sets have some form of Delta controller. Middle range have a Mobile station, and the big sets have a Central Station. BUT YOU DON'T NEED THE CENTRAL STATION NOW!!! Sorry for shouting, but that's one choice less that you need to worry about. If you go digital you can always add one later, and still use the mobile station if you bought one. biggrin

See if there's a train you like in any of the starter sets. Buy it and see if you like the digital mode of operation, and compare analogue and digital running. Then make the decision. If you decide to stick with analogue I bet you can sell off the starter set without too much loss, or just the digital controller and keep the rest.

Good luck, and once again, welcome back.
/Laffe
---
Wargamer, Roleplayer, Proud Father and Born-again Model Railroader
Offline spitzenklasse  
#6 Posted : 04 August 2008 06:09:10(UTC)
spitzenklasse

I began with analogue, and Delta, then Digital. Now I have both. ENJOY!
Offline Tivvy  
#7 Posted : 04 August 2008 11:08:27(UTC)
Tivvy

That is the possibility that hasnt really been suggested, both on the same layout wink
You could have seperately powered analogue and digital sections if you desire which would give you the chance to enjoy the benefits of digital and the old rattly m-track.
Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
6 track dead end station, twin track loop, 4 track through station.
Under construction.
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#8 Posted : 04 August 2008 11:34:50(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Most if not all has been said already. It's a matter of taste. The nostalgica factor is strong, but may be combined with the more technical or aestetical factors in several ways.

C-track givs better performance than M, but M-track may work good enough. Modern locos are more detailed than in the past, but may sometimes have too much plastic for ones taste. For my taste the largest benefit with digital control of a loco, is it's slow speed behaviour - you may run it really slowly, perfectly steady without stopping, just admire.

Technically interested - well, it points towards going digital sooner or later. I'm very interested of trying different techincal solutions, which in my case means I'm using Märklin C-track, rolling stock of different kinds - Märklin old, Märklin new, and a few other vendors (Märklin normally is best), signals and other accessories from Viessmann, and Märklin compatible digital system from Uhlenbrock.

It's good to start with an analog layout; my only advice is to isolate the middle rail partitioning the layout into several segments right from start; it might be useful both in analog and digital. Each segment could then be connecting in the beginning by wire, allowing for easy partioning whenever needed.

It's very normal to wait with digital turnout control. Main reason for this is if you want computer control; might not be very important.

/Lars
Offline Rowan  
#9 Posted : 04 August 2008 11:40:50(UTC)
Rowan

Welcome too the forum hansbos ! biggrin

Enjoy ! Smile

It's like winning a chook in a raffle cobber; ya don't know what ya got, till it's in ya hand.

So I'm toying with the idea of starting out by buying a bunch of inexpensive M-track and a used analog transformer and switch gear and building a classic pre-digital setup first.

Half your luck; sounds great mate! How can ya go wrong?

Am I missing important reasons to go digital?

I visted a layout with M track and digital recently.Succesful.It belongs too xxup, a member of this forum who "im sure will be along later. I'm sure you can pick up some second hand Marklin, as you get up and running, you can branch out where ever your passion takes you.A blue trafo is a start.

Our dogs are really smart, but not into railroading ...

Very sad to hear about ya dogs cobber.Ever thought of a dingo?

I really like the discussions I have read here and hope you will be able to help me with my decisions.

It's a nice bunch of people on this forum , but it's your choice in the end! Enjoy!wink

Smile

Offline Macfire  
#10 Posted : 04 August 2008 12:22:00(UTC)
Macfire

Welcome to the Forum Hans.

Me personally?

I now think if it wasn't for the sounds, I would possibly be tempted to stay classical.

Too late for me anyway, I sold all my M Track and accessories.

Cheers
Tony
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
Offline David Dewar  
#11 Posted : 04 August 2008 14:05:22(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Just my opinion but I would buy a start set with the mobile station and C track. You wont get better running than using C track and digital is the modern way to go with analogue falling way behind.
It is all a matter of personal taste but digital gives you options you wont get with analogue.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline LeoArietis  
#12 Posted : 04 August 2008 14:35:37(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the forums!

I'll share my own experience here from last year.
I had some old Märklin stored away and decided to try them again. It was fun but I also had a lot of problems with the M-tracks. Derailments, specially in the poor switches/points/turnouts not to mention the poor double-switches. All the derailments and not being able to reverse properly nor pushing a train through several swiches killed the joy for me.

Before giving up I decided to try out the new C-track. I bought a bunch both new and old from www.ebay.de and was amazed of the neat and high precision track and turnouts. NO MORE DERAILMENTS! I realized this is how model-railroading should be.

The C-track also offers a greater variation with 6 different radius (R1-R5 and R9), check out my signature-links for tips on how to get the most out of it even if cramped for limited space! (Transitation-curves) The double-cros-switch is excellent and you can push (and ofcourse pull) long trains through complicated turnout-combinations without derailments.

Next step for me was to buy a starter-set with mobile-station and a freight-train on a medium sized oval with curved turnouts. Very much value for the money! I would recomend starter-sets to anyone since you get so much value from them.

Digital operation was very smoth and its also fun with the various functions. I retrofitted one of my older loks with MFX and high-efficiency 5-pole motor and it runs like never before! I will later be retrofitting more engines with decoders, its not difficult and at the same time install white LEDs for head-lights. (see one of my project-threads here). I really like to run several loks at the same track or station and have two M-S to do so.

Sure a small analog layout is better than no one but after going C-track and digital I quickly sold all the M-tracks.

Conclusion: Without C-track I would not run Märklin. So far I cant recall having any derailment caused by the C-track.

Only derailments have been caused by turning a swich under a train (drivers-operation-fault!!) or by improper wheel-distance on non-märklin-gear.
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 04 August 2008 15:02:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Welcome to the forum Hans. Nothing wrong with M Track. I use M Track with a Central Station, no problems at all. And the nice thing about Marklin's track systems is that there are conversion tracks that will convert from one type to another, so you can start off with M Track and add some C Track later.

As has already been mentioned, don't get a blue transformer if you plan to buy some of the newer mfx locos. The voltage spike when activating the control knob into reverse can fry the decoders in these locos. Better to get one of the newer white transformers with the red control knob, they work OK with the newer locos.

Nothing wrong with your approach of sticking with analog locos and running. Some very good layouts are doing just that. Here is a thread I posted of a layout that is all analog running on M Track. It uses about 11 transformers for the various power sections.

The only digital loco is the BR10 you see in the first picture, all the rest are analog.

https://www.marklin-user...ult.aspx?g=posts&t=10046
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 04 August 2008 18:15:13(UTC)
Goofy

I prefer digital forever...!

Analog is boring,because you have more fun with digital.

Goofy
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 04 August 2008 18:40:00(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Why not do both, and have the best of both worlds.

I have the option, on my layout, of switching between digital and analogue control at will. My layout has isolating sections which are all switched on when using digital, and then individually for analogue operation. My turnout etc are operated with traditional control boxes.

Here is a picture of my control panel. The analogue controller is on the left, the digital 6021 on the right. The switches on the left switch between digital and analogue, those on the right are the isolating sections. The top row are the turnouts, uncouplers, and signals.
UserPostedImage

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline pab  
#16 Posted : 04 August 2008 21:23:45(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
I converted from analog to digital sometime ago. I would say digital is more fun, especially the sound and the individual control of every locomotive.
I replaced most of my M track by K track. The remaining few metres will follow in the future.
Offline gachar001  
#17 Posted : 04 August 2008 22:37:18(UTC)
gachar001

India   
Welcome to the forum Hans.

I got hooked on to model railroads back in India as a kid. I started off with Flieschmann. Now my 12 year old nephew plays with them.

About 8 months ago, I decided get back into the hobby and decided to start with Marklin since it is more popular in the US whereas Flieschmann is carried by very few dealers.
I now have a decent sized layout with 10 trains. I purchased 3 starter sets and one mega starter set in addition to buying locos and rolling stock piecemeal. All my locos are digital and all but 2 have sound. Some of them I purchased without sound and then converted them afterwards. Having sound on your locos is just amazing.

There is a wealth of information on this forum and the members are extremely helpful. You will get answers to all your questions and solutions to your issues here.

As many of the folks previously suggested, Digital is the way to go. C track is very easy to work with and starter sets give you value for your money. The Mobile Station controller that comes with many of the starter sets is a decent and inexpensive controller. The parts of the starter sets that you don't need can be sold off on eBay. The instruction booklet/catalog that come with starter sets have many ideas for building your track layout and also details what tracks you will need for the layout. After that you can use your imagination and build upon it.

Again, welcome to this forum and feel free to post any questions that you have.
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
Offline klinge-germany  
#18 Posted : 04 August 2008 22:43:00(UTC)
klinge-germany

and again, welcome back to the hobby.....
it seems to me that you have the chance to begin from scratch, which i think is not the usual way for the most of us here, who are for decades with MRR and maybe, maerklin. and we have 2008 and not 1988, now.
it would be quite clear for me, only to buy digital locos of at least series 3700 (load regulated), their driving behaviour is superior to anything below (analog, early digital, delta). they are offered since about 10 years now, and if you cannot afford to buy everything new, there is a broad offering second hand (ebay) meanwhile.
tracks : although i like my old stuff, keep away of m-track, this is really out-of-date...your decision should be based on two facts : do you plan a permanent layout without too many changes and a more 'model' or realistic look, then you should choose k-track, knowing that the time and effort to raise this layout is higher than the other solution : a non-permanent or often amended (or changed) layout with c-track, but then try to acquire newer batches of production, the first batches of c-track (again now more than 10 years on the market) suffer from poor plastic quality (the year of production is marked underneath on every track, but you need good eye-glasses !!).
controller :if you want to have a very reliable, in some aspects 'feel and look' like old analog operation equipments, go for a used 6021 central unit. if you are more headed for 'new' things, go for the mobile station which is packed with many starter sets (as mentioned before, a very good source for cheap things !). but currently, avoid the new central station (often abbreviated as CS....) because of known problems, a new version of it coming soon). and again, if you want to save some money and/or plan a smaller/medium layout, operate your switches and signals and so on the 'classic' way, just calculate for your own the costs of a 'normally' operated switch compared to a digitally one, multiply it by the amount you will need and you will know what i mean.
waggons : only acquire waggons with the 'new' (is it now 20 years ?) short coupler NEM sockets and heads (is this the right word for it?), intermixing these with the old couplers is no real fun. and they look quite better if you see a full train....
but the most important thing : have fun with MRR, if it is M or not !
alfred
alfred...with M since 1960...layout under construction (in mind...)
collecting M items - but not a collector...
editing posts only for tyops...uppps...typos
Offline DaleSchultz  
#19 Posted : 04 August 2008 23:00:09(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
separate the choices into their discrete facets; track, loco models, landscaping, control system....

M-track - no longer being made but 2nd hand stuff can be bought. Rust potential. Good for nostalgia. Also works well in a display cabinet.
C-Track - good running and reliability, readily available. No flex track.
K-Track - only suitable for permanent layouts, looks good with Merkur ballast, good running, flex track makes beautiful curves.

Models; you can but good second hand analog locos and use them as analog or upgrade them for about $40 to DCC. No need to get caught up in high efficiency, 5 pole and c-sine motors. A good decoder with EMF load control drives an old 3 pole motor equipped with a permanent magnet very very well. If you use a decoder that also handles analog (such as ESU Lokpilot0 you can run the loco in both systems.

Landscaping; choose between nostalgic tin plate or modern photo realistic fully details and landscaped - depends on the time you have.

Control System. Look beyond the Märklin offerings (old digital does not support DCC, few speed steps, new system full of gimmicks). There are a number of other systems such as the Intellibox, Viessmann commander, ECos, Digitrax etc. Part of the digital/analog question is if you would want to use an external computer to run the layout. If you are just going to control the trains by hand you can save a lot of money and drive them analog and put the time and money into making track for the international trains.

I suggest you read my page on digital train control - stuff to consider if you do go digital... at http://layout.mixmox.com/1/computer_control

Also remember, you can drive the trains analog and control the signals and turnouts with a digital system, or the other way around.

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline rschaffr  
#20 Posted : 04 August 2008 23:22:47(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Hans: I was on vacation and missed this thread. Welcome back. I re-entered the hobby after a 20 year hiatus and found it completely changed. All has been said pretty well, but let me just add my preferences: I moved to digital upon restarting in the hobby for the ability to control many loks on the same layout. I use K track (hand ballasted, not Merkur) and love it. I did a small layout with C track and it has excellent electical and operating characteristics, but I still prefer K.

Whatever you decide, you will have fun. It is a great hobby.

Added: I still have quite a bit of M track and a few loks that I have not and never will convert to digital. Every once in a while I set up a small layout with this just for nostalgia. You can't beat the sight, sound and smell of the old Maerklin "heavies" running on classical M track pulling tin plate coaches.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline john black  
#21 Posted : 04 August 2008 23:44:09(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Hans,

if you like both systems - you easily can go both ways ... [:p]
(FMI have a look at my layout in the forum's "LAYOUT SECTION")

Welcome here Smile,
John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline hemau  
#22 Posted : 05 August 2008 01:01:25(UTC)
hemau

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr

Added: I still have quite a bit of M track and a few loks that I have not and never will convert to digital. Every once in a while I set up a small layout with this just for nostalgia. You can't beat the sight, sound and smell of the old Maerklin "heavies" running on classical M track pulling tin plate coaches.

Hi Hans, welcome to the forum.
I feel the same as Ron about older loks.
And I second the experience of the unique sound of a train on M-track, very like the old 'kedeng-kedeng' which is vanishing from the real RR as well. The center part of my layout is still in M-track and it is a pleasure to hear the trains roll by that part.
Regards, Henk.
C and M track; CS1R and 2 MS
Offline hansbos  
#23 Posted : 05 August 2008 22:58:37(UTC)
hansbos

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and advice! I think I'll start with an analog layout and will consider the idea of running analog and digital layouts in a parallel fashion.
Santa Clara, California
Offline rschaffr  
#24 Posted : 05 August 2008 23:24:38(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Sounds like a plan, Hans. If we can be of any help, ask. A lot of excellent knowledge and experience is contained in this forum.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline efel  
#25 Posted : 06 August 2008 10:29:56(UTC)
efel

France   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />(FMI have a look at my layout in the forum's "LAYOUT SECTION")

FMI confused

Not found in the dictionary: https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...ault.aspx?g=posts&t=8803

wink

Fred
Offline DamonKelly  
#26 Posted : 06 August 2008 17:08:44(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
For More Information?
Cheers,
Damon
Offline steventrain  
#27 Posted : 06 August 2008 20:09:16(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcometo the forum, hansbos.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline hxmiesa  
#28 Posted : 06 August 2008 20:41:49(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
As one of the few true die-hard analog users, I would like to state that I am happy with my choice. (Which was made primarilly for economical reasons) I think I have gained in operational/functional stability and savings on endless electronic upgrades. (Some people who originally digitized their analog models, are now finding themselves upgrading their digital loks to newer generations of decoders...)
If your layout is relatively small -or you focus on controlling a single loco with utmost reality (lights, sounds, snail-like crawling speeds), I would probably digitize. However, if you plan to make a huge automated layout, there are alternative ways of controlling the trains...
Finally there is a certain own charm to keeping with the roots of a true analog vintage layout...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline john black  
#29 Posted : 06 August 2008 23:10:19(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by hansbos
<br />I think I'll start with an analog layout and will consider the idea
of running analog and digital layouts in a parallel fashion.

Great decision, Hans - enjoy Smile
BTW, re "FMI" ... Damon got it biggrin
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline Macfire  
#30 Posted : 07 August 2008 18:07:59(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
[BTW, re "FMI" ... Damon got it biggrin

BTW confused Smile confused Smile confused Smile

Well
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
Offline WelshMatt  
#31 Posted : 07 August 2008 19:23:25(UTC)
WelshMatt

To be honest, I would be less than encouraged to go digital at the moment. The only reasonably priced digital controller for Marklin is the MS, which is very limited. The CS along with all the other Marklin-compatible control boxes are serious money, and I'd hope that Marklin will realise this and go back to modular systems at some point. That way people could spread the cost rather than having to find £300+ for a CS in one go. The MS is good for what it is, but there's no sensibly priced upgrade path.
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality