Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#51 Posted : 06 September 2015 09:40:40(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Some image of new parts for crocodile is on facebook - >LINK<

Facebook will keep posted news when crocodile moving.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Western Pacific  
#52 Posted : 07 September 2015 07:53:24(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
An update from Swedish Postvagnen (Mail coach):

"Krokodilnytt söndag kväll (Allmänt)

av HP , Jönköping, söndagen 6 september 2015, 22:47:10

Arbetet med Krodkodilens lager har idag gjorts klart och imorgon kl 0600 börjar montaget av loket. Planen är sedan att loket imorgon kväll ska rulla iväg mot Padborg. Nu hoppas vi att det blir en tidtabell/körplan som funkar genom Tyskland, så det stämmer med Danmark och sedan till Sverige. På Sveriges Järnvägsmuseums Facebook finns det bilder.

Med vänlig hälsning Henrik R, SJVM"

and the quick translation:

"Crocodile News Sunday evening (General)

HP, Jonkoping, Sunday, September 6, 2015, 22:47:10

The casting of the bearings of the Crokodile has been completed and tomorrow at 0600 begins the assembly of the locomotive. The plan is then that the locomotive tomorrow night will be rolling away toward Padborg. Now we hope that it will be a timetable / operating plan that works through Germany, so that it matches with Denmark and then to Sweden. On the Swedish Railway Museum Facebook there are pictures.

Sincerely, Henry R, SJVM"

For those of you who read Swedish a link to the Facebook page of the Swedish Railway Museum (SJVM) and for those who don't there are pictures.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline kiwiAlan  
#53 Posted : 07 September 2015 13:47:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Oh grief, I was thinking it was a bearing on one of the cranks, but it was a main axle bearing and they had to drop the axle off?

They have done well to be turning around the replacement this fast.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Webmaster  
#54 Posted : 07 September 2015 15:32:51(UTC)
Webmaster

Croc is now fixed and being tested.

Will start rolling towards Denmark late tonight if it tests ok.

Those guys who have made the repair are true heroes! ThumpUp
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Jay  
#55 Posted : 07 September 2015 18:04:48(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Croc is now fixed and being tested.
Those guys who have made the repair are true heroes! ThumpUp

And that would have been a round the clock effort!!!
Well done to all involvedThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Jay
Offline Western Pacific  
#56 Posted : 07 September 2015 22:46:54(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
The timetable for transport of the Crocodile through Denmark has been published on Facebook by the Swedish Railway Museum. The linked Facebook page is in Swedish but I believe all Märklin-users in Denmark can understand it. For the benefit of non-Scandinavians a quick translation:

Now we have a timetable for Denmark. The train is called HG 39690 and here comes some hold times:

From Padborg tomorrow, Tuesday evening Sept 8th
Padborg 21:27
Kolding 01:30 (Wednesday morning Sept 9th)
Odense 03:51
Korsør 05:18
Roskilde 09:49
Høje Taastrup 10:06-11:15
Ørestad 11:51
Kbh. Lufthavn 11: 57-12:29
Peberholm 12:40 (Wednesday lunchtime).

The continuation to Malmö comes when we know it. The locomotive will arrive at Malmö freight yard to be coupled into an SJVM special train. It will not be available or feasible to see it at the freight yard.

To me it seems that, if the transport is on time, then there would be possibilities to take daylight photos at both Høje Taastrup and at København Lufthavn (Copenhagen Airport) with long stops scheduled at both stations.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Webmaster  
#57 Posted : 08 September 2015 10:43:46(UTC)
Webmaster

There are now plans in the works to display the Croc at Malmo Central tomorrow afternoon/evening.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline TouchCab  
#58 Posted : 08 September 2015 16:56:57(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
I work in Korsør, and I'll get up early and see if I can catch it before work.
It's probably pitch dark by 5:18, but if it's running late, every minute is one more minute of daylight BigGrin

A Facebook comment in Danish says there's already a discrepancy between the timetables published, so who knows?
I'll try to keep track of it on the various forums ...
Best regards,
Jens
---
This account is no longer active
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline Webmaster  
#59 Posted : 08 September 2015 18:59:33(UTC)
Webmaster

Display of the Croc at Malmö Central Station tomorrow between 15:00-19:00 on track 9... BigGrin
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Western Pacific  
#60 Posted : 08 September 2015 19:31:58(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post
I work in Korsør, and I'll get up early and see if I can catch it before work.
It's probably pitch dark by 5:18, but if it's running late, every minute is one more minute of daylight BigGrin

A Facebook comment in Danish says there's already a discrepancy between the timetables published, so who knows?
I'll try to keep track of it on the various forums ...

I agree that the train will arrive at Padborg later than the timetable I posted earlier today. The following is posted in German at the Facebook page of the Swedish Railway Museum:

"> Hmb-Barmbek 18.02
> Hmb-Lokstedt + 18.09 24
> - Gz-Gleis -
> Bft Hmb-Eidel Ef 32
> Bft Hmb-Eidel Eo 33 19.20
> Bft Hmb-Eidel En 25
> Pinneberg + 19.33 51
> Tornesch + 59 20.21
> Elmshorn 31
> Bft Elmsh Nord 32
> Dauenhof + 20.47 21.22
> Wrist 33
> Brokstedt 43
> Neumünster Pbf 22.01
> Neumünster Gbf + 22.04 52
> Nortorf 23.08
> Bf Osterrön= 28
> feld Abzw
> Üst Rendsburger= 23.30
> Hochbrücke
> Rendsburg 23.39 nach Padborg
>
> es wird befördert:
> Schweizer Tfz Krokodil Ce 6/8 III (91 85 4601 305-6) auf eigenen Rädern, geschleppt"

It is also stated by the Museum that the Crocodile has passed Hamburg. On the other hand I interprete Hmb-Eidel as Hamburg Eidelstedt and if the transport would be at Hochbrücke Rendsburg at 23h39, then my experience from driving on Autobahn A7 (going parallel to the railway from Hamburg to Padborg) this summer is that there is still ways to go before reaching the Danish border when passing the Kiel Canal.

My guess is that the Crocodile will be in Padborg somewhere between 0h30 and 1h00. Based on that guess, then the transport from Padborg would be at least 3 hours later than the timetable I gave earlier.

This could mean that the Crocodile would pass Korsør any time between 8h00 and 9h00. On the other hand the stops at Høje Taastrup and København Lufthavn could be considerably shorter, making up for half an hour to forty minutes delay.

The Museum also states that the transport would arrive in Malmö at 13h30 and that they plan on showing it to the public at track 9 of Malmö C between 15h00 and 19h00.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline GDJTrain65  
#61 Posted : 08 September 2015 19:38:40(UTC)
GDJTrain65

Sweden   
Shot yesterday, uploaded today.

Sorry, no Croco ( all of you knows why) but a delayed ( I waited for 3 hours, skipped work half of the day) but heavy "warm-up" before "Ellok i Sverige 100 år" Railway Days.

thanks 11 users liked this useful post by GDJTrain65
Offline Webmaster  
#62 Posted : 08 September 2015 20:44:00(UTC)
Webmaster

South Swedish schedule:

We plan to come down with the whole train to Malmo Central track 9 between 15.00-19.00. But if the train is late from Denmark, this can of course be compromised.
We will then depart from goods yard as train 25830 at 20.57. We roll slowly through the night and here are some scheduled times:

Lund 21.14
Eslöv 21.36-22.13
Hässleholm 23.22-23.48
Osby 00.53
Älmhult 01.17
Alvesta 02.16-02.26
Sävsjö about 04.28
Nässjö 05.04
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline TouchCab  
#63 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:01:38(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Hrrmm ...

4 hours from Hamburg to Rendsburg, Rendsburg almost at midnight and then on to Padborg, which is approximately the same distance. That's 4 in the morning. Then the same kind of distance to Kolding, which means a total of 6-8 hours from Rendsburg to Kolding, depending on traffic and the number and duration of stops. That's at least 6-8 in the morning at Kolding, now entering the morning rush hour and daytime Intercity traffic across Fyn and not empty tracks at night. That means at least 11-12 in Korsør, but three hours across Fyn seems excessive. So does four hours from Hamburg to Rendsburg, though ...

Sigh!
This type of train is impossible to estimate. If they're in the way of revenue traffic, they get thrown on to a siding and left to rot. Then again, if everything else is a mess, they may be given the go for long stretch.
Oh well - looks like I'll just have to keep an eye out on the web and see how they progress and then take it from there.

Edit: Trainspotters in Germany reported the train on time at Pinneberg (19:33). Assuming the German timetable then holds, Railadventure will be handing the croc over to Hectorrail in Padborg, which means departure from Padborg is midnight at the earliest. Best case scenario is then 2.5 hours later through DK than the times stated in the post above.

Edit2: Dang it - 23:39 at Rendsburg, not Padborg. Now I don't know what to believe ...
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline TouchCab  
#64 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:56:49(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Western Pacific Go to Quoted Post
My guess is that the Crocodile will be in Padborg somewhere between 0h30 and 1h00. Based on that guess, then the transport from Padborg would be at least 3 hours later than the timetable I gave earlier.

This could mean that the Crocodile would pass Korsør any time between 8h00 and 9h00. On the other hand the stops at Høje Taastrup and København Lufthavn could be considerably shorter, making up for half an hour to forty minutes delay.

Still the best guess I've seen. ThumpUp

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TouchCab  
#65 Posted : 09 September 2015 00:25:56(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Report of arrival in Padborg at 0:05 - so now the croc is in DK

Padborg - Kolding is 80km. That does not last 4 hours.
It's now a fair guess they'll make up for lost time and leave Kolding pretty much on schedule.
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#66 Posted : 09 September 2015 02:28:45(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
Originally Posted by: GDJTrain65 Go to Quoted Post

Sorry, no Croco ( all of you knows why) but a delayed ( I waited for 3 hours, skipped work half of the day) but heavy "warm-up" before "Ellok i Sverige 100 år" Railway Days.

Nice video, thank you for sharing. Smile

Now was the real reason you were there to film the train, or were you hoping the coupling on the beer wagon would fail and it would come to a stop right in front of you? LOL LOL
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Wildrose-Wally
Offline TouchCab  
#67 Posted : 09 September 2015 03:58:16(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
According to a comment on the SJ Museum FB page, departure from Padborg was at 0:45.
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TouchCab  
#68 Posted : 09 September 2015 05:55:43(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
5:54 in Korsør and still no croc ... or enough daylight for video
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TouchCab  
#69 Posted : 09 September 2015 06:45:22(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Got it Cool
It passed Korsør at 6:30 without stopping. I'm not on Facebook, so spread the word if you like.
Gotta get to work. Will post video later.

Have fun in Sweden everyone ThumpUp
Over and out.
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline Western Pacific  
#70 Posted : 09 September 2015 08:16:25(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Around 7h00 CEST an update was posted at www.facebook.com/jarnvagsmuseum stating that the Crocodile had passed the Great Baelt bridge and tunnel. At that time there was an 85 minutes delay. The photo below was posted at the Facebook site of the Swedish Railway Museum and it is most likely taken from the cab of the engine towing the Crocodile. It is my guess that Hector Rail is using a class 241 (Märklin 36602) for the transport and that class i used for freight trains between Germany and Sweden. Ahead you can see the island of Sprogø from where the railway line goes in a tunnel and the toll motorway goes over the bridge.

Stora Bältbron

This is in line with TouchCab's reporting from Korsør, being situated just west of the Great Baelt.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline TouchCab  
#71 Posted : 09 September 2015 08:42:41(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
This is in line with TouchCab's reporting from Korsør, being situated just west of the Great Baelt.

A minor correction: Korsør is just east of the Great Belt (Storebælt).
And yes - it was a class 241 pulling.
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline xxup  
#72 Posted : 09 September 2015 09:18:59(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
It's getting exciting now.. We should see some awesome photos later today.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Western Pacific  
#73 Posted : 09 September 2015 11:31:59(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post

A minor correction: Korsør is just east of the Great Belt (Storebælt).
And yes - it was a class 241 pulling.

Thanks for correcting me.

Korsør used to be one of the ferry harbours used for trains before the bridge and tunnel opened. The other harbour being Nyborg. I should have remembered that Korsør and Copenhagen are both on Sealand (Sjaelland) and the memory help that both K-cities are on the same side of the Great Belt (København is the Danish name for Copenhagen). It was perhaps too early in the morning or I got the rule wrong, because there was also a car ferry line between Halsskov and Knudshoved and there the K-city is on the other side of the Great Belt compared to Copenhagen.

Both the train and a car ferry line were operated by DSB, the Danish State Railways, later Scandlines.

The photos below are posted at the Facebook pages of the Swedish Railway Museum and the first shows the transport somewhere in Denmark. It could be noted that this is something we can do an H0 model of with Märklin models.

I Danmark

At about 12h15 the transport entered Sweden on the lower level of the Øresundsbron. Photo from the cab of Hector Rail's engine.

Øresundsbron
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Webmaster  
#74 Posted : 09 September 2015 13:59:30(UTC)
Webmaster

Croc is in Malmö - just passed by train..

BigGrin
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline TouchCab  
#75 Posted : 09 September 2015 23:36:23(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Here is my video from this morning:

The croc passes at 1:55 in the video.

Have fun everyone, and congratulations to everyone in Sweden on the 100 years anniversary.
ThumpUp
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline michelvr  
#76 Posted : 10 September 2015 00:07:12(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
May I be the first to thank you very much for getting up so very early and making this wonderful video for all of us to enjoy.

Totally priceless, worthy of an academy award! Okay a Marklin-users.net award. ThumpUp

Michel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline GDJTrain65  
#77 Posted : 10 September 2015 20:06:45(UTC)
GDJTrain65

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Wildrose-Wally Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GDJTrain65 Go to Quoted Post

Nice video, thank you for sharing. Smile

Now was the real reason you were there to film the train, or were you hoping the coupling on the beer wagon would fail and it would come to a stop right in front of you? LOL LOL

Thanks!

LOL!!! Right, haha! A beer wagon on the loose along the line...very smooth...Wink