Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Webmaster  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2015 21:44:54(UTC)
Webmaster

Got this from Alberto on FB...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2015 23:32:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

Crocodiles in Sweden Scared sacre bleu ... Confused what next, a set with crocodile and ore cars ... Woot Woot Woot

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2015 19:20:42(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Crocodiles in Sweden Scared sacre bleu ... Confused what next, a set with crocodile and ore cars ... Woot Woot Woot

Or even worse...swiss crocodile pulling orient-express wagons. Laugh
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2015 20:18:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Or even worse...swiss crocodile pulling orient-express wagons. Laugh

Having seen, with my own eyes, Orient Express coaches travelling on the line from Ulan Bator in Mongolia towards Ulan Ude, probably next stop Irkutsk (on the shore of Lake Baikal, Russia) as I was on a train going the other way, not much would surprise me with Orient Express coaches.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2015 21:10:28(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
This. Is. Amazing.
I will be looking forward to this!
SBB Era IV - VI
Offline PeFu  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2015 22:05:51(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
More info (in Swedish) here:

Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum

It will be possible to jump on the Croc train in Stockholm on its way to Gävle...

BigGrin Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Tomgi  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2015 00:09:05(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
I saw this on the webpage for the railway musem Peter linked to about a week ago and was considering making a post about it but Webmaster beat me to it. At a minimum I will be watching as it passes Uppsala!
404 not found
Offline kimballthurlow  
#8 Posted : 11 March 2015 05:05:23(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
How does the loco get from Switzerland to Sweden?

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Online xxup  
#9 Posted : 11 March 2015 05:43:38(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
There is an awesome bridge between Denmark and Sweden.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Tom Jessop  
#10 Posted : 11 March 2015 06:11:24(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

I can imagine following this tour with a drone , oh Boy the footage would be awesome . I would guess some one is already thinking up scene shots using professional cameras .

Cheers Tom in Oz .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Tomgi  
#11 Posted : 11 March 2015 16:33:02(UTC)
Tomgi

Sweden   
Hmm, I have a friend with a drone camera. I need to get him interested...
404 not found
Offline Western Pacific  
#12 Posted : 12 March 2015 20:51:24(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
There is an awesome bridge between Denmark and Sweden.. Smile

That is true, but according to the link that our Webmaster got from Alberto in the first post, there is an oversimplified schedule in German and below follows a simplified translation. According to that information and information given in Swedish forum "Postvagnen" (=Mail coach) the Crocodile will take a sea journey, going by ferry from Rostock to Trelleborg:

31st of August: Departure from Olten or Basel in the morning, Crocodile being towed: Basel–Mannheim
1st of September: Crocodile being towed: Mannheim–Göttingen
2nd–3rd of September: Crocodile being towed: Göttingen–Rostock ferry harbour
4th of September: Rostock–(Ferry)–Trelleborg–Ängelholm

6th of September: Adding four Swedish coaches and dubble traction with Da 888, Ängelholm–Nässjö.
7th of September: Nässjö–Gävle.

15th of September: Departure from Gävle via Stockholm to Norrköping.
16th of September: Norrköping–Hässleholm–Malmö–Ängelholm

18th of September: Ängelholm–Trelleborg–(ferry)–Rostock, continuing with Crocodile being towed: Rostock–Wittenberge.
19th of September: Crocodile being towed: Wittenberge–Göttingen.
20th of September: Crocodile being towed: Göttingen–Mannheim.
21st of September: Crocodile being towed: Mannheim–Basel.
22nd of September: Basel–Brugg/Windisch.

The reason for why the Crocodile is towed through Germany is that it has not got permission to run there. It has been approved for running in Sweden.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Webmaster  
#13 Posted : 13 March 2015 19:42:41(UTC)
Webmaster

It will pass Lund twice, and be in Ängelholm all day the 5th & 17th... So I must plan a couple of "vacation days" now... An drive a lot to catch it along the way... BigGrin
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Tom Jessop  
#14 Posted : 13 March 2015 21:37:45(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Looks like it may be coin tossing time around the 18 to the 20 sept , The Marklin Treff will be on at the same time .Decisions to be made .

Cheers Tom in Oz.
Offline Western Pacific  
#15 Posted : 13 April 2015 12:59:33(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
I just read in the Swedish forum Postvagnen (Mail coach) that the rail line between the ferry harbour at Trelleborg and Malmö will be closed due to maintenance. This means that the Crocodile will not be on a ferry from Rostock in Germany to Trelleborg. A new route and time table is being elaborated and the transport will go via Denmark and the Øresundsbron between Copenhagen and Malmö.

In other word also Danish rail fans, get cameras ready in September!

What this will mean for rail fans in Germany I can't say, but I guess that the Crocodile will pass Hamburg in order to continue up to Jutland in Denmark. The original route through Germany going from Göttingen to Rostock will obviously be changed, but I have no idea from where.

Another point is whether the Swiss rail journey organizer SBB Historic will add a stop in Odense, Denmark, to visit the Danish Railway Museum for those riding on the train from and to Switzerland.

Edited by user 13 April 2015 22:06:12(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline TouchCab  
#16 Posted : 14 April 2015 00:26:23(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Two options through Denmark:

- Ferry from Puttgarden to Rødby
- Jutland and the Great Belt bridge (where I work)

Let's keep an eye out for news about this one ...
Best regards,
Jens
---
This account is no longer active
Offline Western Pacific  
#17 Posted : 25 April 2015 16:11:26(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post
Two options through Denmark:

- Ferry from Puttgarden to Rødby
- Jutland and the Great Belt bridge (where I work)

Let's keep an eye out for news about this one ...

It will be the second option. The reason being that the Puttgarden to Rødby ferries only have one track and it is only 118 m long. Besides the Croc, there will be a train consisting of SBB Historic's coaches AS 2802 (lounge coach), WRm RIC 004-6 (Restaurant coach) and three couchette coaches. In other words five coaches and assume 24 m per coach means 120 m and that is not counting the Croc. The ferry route is only used for diesel multiple units DSB IC3 and DB ICE-TD and there are no shunting engines or personnel at any of the ferry harbours to put the train on two ferries. Furthermore it doubtful if the track onboard is designed for such a heavy axle loads as that of a croc.

DSB IC3 onboard a ferry.

DB ICE TD (on lease to DSB) leaving a ferry at Puttgarden.

At SBB Historic's site this piece of information can be forund:

Anpassung der Reiseroute

Gegenüber den bisherigen Informationen wird die Reiseroute aufgrund einer Totalsperrung einer Teilstrecke zwischen Trelleborg und Malmö angepasst. Der Zug fährt neu via Flensburg–Odense nach Malmö (kein Fährverlad). Besten Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Adaptation of the itinerary

Compared with the previous information, the itinerary is adjusted due to a total closure of a section between Trelleborg and Malmö. The train goes via Flensburg-Odense to Malmö (no ferry). Thank you for your understanding.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Western Pacific  
#18 Posted : 02 May 2015 21:29:11(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Looks like it may be coin tossing time around the 18 to the 20 sept , The Marklin Treff will be on at the same time .Decisions to be made .

Cheers Tom in Oz.

It depends on what you would go for. On Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of September the 100 years of Electric Traction will be celebrated at the Swedish Railway museum. The time table for the Croc's journeys through Sweden is given here.

On the Internet pages of the museum the following information can be found in Swedish only (so far):

Train from Stockholm Saturday, 12th of September

On 12/9 we will run two trains from Stockholm to Gävle. The crocodile pulls a slow trains departing from Stockholm 06:22 and arrival at Gavle about 11.30. In this train coaches and onboard services from "Årgångståget" (vintage train). We also run a fast train from Stockholm 07:54 that goes directly to Gävle with arrival about 10:00. The train is named after City Express that went from Stockholm to Gothenburg in the 80s. Both trains go back to Stockholm after the event.

This means that it is possible to experience the Croc in Sweden, even take the train pulled by the Croc to for instance Malmö C after the event arriving on Wednesday 16th of September at 16h31. And take a train to Stuttgart the next morning:

Station// Date// Time// Products

Malmö Central// Th, 17.09.15// dep 06:53// R 1323 Oeresund train

Koebenhavn H// Th, 17.09.15// arr 07:28

Transfer time 15 min. *)

Koebenhavn H// Th, 17.09.15// dep 07:43// ICE 38 Intercity-Express Bordbistro

Hamburg Hbf// Th, 17.09.15// arr 12:16

Transfer time 1:08.

Hamburg Hbf// Th, 17.09.15// dep 13:24// ICE 579 Intercity-Express Bordrestaurant

Stuttgart Hbf// Th, 17.09.15// arr 18:35

*) If you would prefer a longer transfer time at Koebenhavn H, then there are trains from Malmö C at 6:22, 6;33 and 6:42 as well.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#19 Posted : 17 May 2015 10:26:38(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I have heard of a limited edition that becomes available to Gävle event Wink

Don't get too excited, something I can do without Unsure
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline Western Pacific  
#20 Posted : 27 July 2015 08:20:31(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
New information on the Crocodile's visit to Sweden posted in the Swedish forum "Postvagnen" (Mail coach) yesterday. I have made a quick translation of the entire posting (and corrected the date for the southbound ferry, which was given as August in the Swedish posting and obviously must be wrong):

"Here are some news about the crocodile transport.

It has been a thrilling final for the holiday with the crocodile. In March, everything was planned and ready to the train ferry Rostock-Trelleborg, but suddenly it turned out that Trelleborg Line was closed for maintenance works 10 weeks. The fact that we did not discover it before may seem naive, but when we ordered all trains last year, started the detailed planning with the Stockholm-Gävle, other trains it would go in, transportation Ängelholm-Gävle and finally it was time for the connection from Trelleborg - and that was when it was discovered.

New plans, could the Danish Jernbanemuseet help us with transportation, through Denmark? They were happy to assist, but the problem was that they (DSB museum trains) was not licensed at the moment, but had applied for a new one Danish Jernbanemuseum (DJM). The planning started anyhow with good hope that it would show up soon. The spring went and no license came. It turned out a few weeks ago that the application process to allow the crocodile pass the Danish track nor could start until they had their license, and that was a big factor of uncertainty. Added to this were the problems with couchettes coahes in tunnels carrying pasengers (emergency brake override system that needs to be of the same system for coaches and locomotives), Øresund Bridge which is an independent infrastructure owner, traction across the bridge which was approved by all (Mz 1401 was planned) in Sweden and Norway, an exemption for diesel locomotives in the tunnel, the Øresund exemption for Mz 1401, not having Swedish ATC, on the Danish stretch of the Øresund line, etc. , etc. . The desire to solve this on the part of the Danish Jernbanemuseum has however always been very high, and was very close to a solution.

The problems were piling up and time was running out to decisions were needed. We started as an alternative to see if we could instead travel via Poland and ferry Swinoujscie-Ystad. A quick re-planning started, and until recently, we have been working on two fronts with the way we should go.

After careful consideration, in consultation with our partner SBB Historic the option via Poland was chosen to go forward with. This means that the German company Rail Adventure that will pull the train through Germany, will also ensure that vehicles are approved in Poland and arrive at the port there. The train will arrive in Ystad on September 4th and will be transported to Ängelholm night to the 5th. It will then go to Ystad night to September 18th and loaded on the ferry to the south that day.

Do you think this thing with crocodile is a fun idea? The best thing you can do to help us is to buy tickets for trains and rides, so we get revenue to implement this. Revenue for transport to Sweden and the arrangement at Gävle September 12th -13th goes to that.

More information on travel and booking can be found here

Also remember that you can go by train all the way from Switzerland and back. The journey north is fully booked now, but there are plenty of tickets for the return journey Gävle-Olten.Info about this trip here.

Warm welcome!

Henrik Reuterdahl, the Swedish Railway Museum
"

This means that Danish Crocodile fans will not see it on Danish tracks, neither would German in Hamburg or Schleswig-Holstein.
Offline hwestl  
#21 Posted : 27 July 2015 13:44:21(UTC)
hwestl

Sweden   
Ystad!! This is great news. It means that I can watch it passing from my home in Svarte :-)
Offline Webmaster  
#22 Posted : 27 July 2015 17:43:57(UTC)
Webmaster

Yess, photo time in Ystad I presume, as well as along the line to Malmö and Lund maybe...
Offline Herrfleck  
#23 Posted : 27 July 2015 21:30:15(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Yes!!!!!

Ystad is 15 km from my home!BigGrin

Now I have to find out which ferry and what time it arrives.

/Bertil
- since my lack in english I don't write so much here.. but learn by trying right? :) -

//Bertil
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#24 Posted : 27 July 2015 22:27:18(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Take a lot of pics friends, a Croco on a Ferry will remain in the story Love
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
Offline Webmaster  
#25 Posted : 28 July 2015 21:06:17(UTC)
Webmaster

Bertil, I guess we will meet in Ystad when the ferry arrives.... BigGrin
Offline Western Pacific  
#26 Posted : 29 July 2015 22:24:13(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
SBB Historic gives "■ 4. Sept: Nächtfähre von Swinoujscie nach Ystad (Schweden)." ■ Sept. 4th Night ferry from Swinoujscie to Ystad (Sweden).

There are two ferry lines operating between these cities - Polferries and Unity Line.

Polferries have two ferries on this line M/S Mazovia and M/S Baltivia, but neither of them has tracks onboard and can be ruled out.

Unity Line have four ferries on this line M/S Polonia, M/S Skania, M/S Kopernik and M/S Śniadecki, of which M/S Skania has no tracks onboard. Leading to that only M/S Kopernik has an evening departure from Swinouscie ( http://www.unityline.se/sida/tidtabell/ys-sw-per ) arriving to Ystad at 05h00 the next day.

Kopernik

A photo of M/S Kopernik by Micke Asklander from the site http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/ . An Internet-site in Swedish from where I have the information about which ferries have tracks or not. (Fakta om fartyg could be translated to Facts about ships).

Based on this Internet information I would guess that it will be onboard M/S Kopernik that the Crocodile will make its sea journey across the Baltic. (As a side comment M/S Kopernik was originally built in 1977 as M/S Rostock for Deutsche Reichsbahn of GDR and the Sassnitz - Trelleborg line).
Offline Western Pacific  
#27 Posted : 28 August 2015 08:41:31(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Most recent time table information from SBB Historic: Information i German and a download pdf-timetable: Timetable.

The link to SBB Historic gives arrival at Ystad onboard the ferry on September 4th at 6h30 and this is not clearly stated in the pdf-file.
Online xxup  
#28 Posted : 28 August 2015 10:16:53(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Those of us who can't make this great journey are expecting to see lots of excellent pictures from Sweden posted here.. Smile Please..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Webmaster  
#29 Posted : 29 August 2015 22:22:44(UTC)
Webmaster

As I understand the time table, it will arrive at 06:30 in Ystad by ferry (checked the ferry timetables) and stay there all day
until it departs at 01:00 in the night towards Ängelholm for the adaptation to the Swedish rail system.

If this is correct, there should be a whole day for us southern Swedes to see it in Ystad.

Maybe a local spontaneous marklin-users member meet in the station area & a nearby restaurant at noon September 4th?

I myself will be there at 6:30, with camera... BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline kiwiAlan  
#30 Posted : 29 August 2015 22:52:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
As I understand the time table, it will arrive at 06:30 in Ystad by ferry (checked the ferry timetables) and stay there all day
until it departs at 01:00 in the night towards Ängelholm for the adaptation to the Swedish rail system.

If this is correct, there should be a whole day for us southern Swedes to see it in Ystad.

Maybe a local spontaneous marklin-users member meet in the station area & a nearby restaurant at noon September 4th?

I myself will be there at 6:30, with camera... BigGrin

make sure to post photos here ... Love Love Love Love Love
Offline Herrfleck  
#31 Posted : 30 August 2015 11:19:33(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!

I will be there!
The idea with a meetup for Märklin-users member sounds really good! Count me in on both the meet in the station and the restaurant. BigGrin

Come on every member who can make it there. This is going to be a great day.

/Bertil
- since my lack in english I don't write so much here.. but learn by trying right? :) -

//Bertil
Offline Webmaster  
#32 Posted : 30 August 2015 19:05:23(UTC)
Webmaster

make sure to post photos here ...

I think I will start a new topic for the pics and hope other members also publish pics of its journey through Sweden and the 100-year celebration of electric railroads at the Swedish Railway Museum.

Regarding an improvised meet - How about being at the green gathering sign by the railway station at 12:00 on Friday 4th and then we'll go and have a bite & chat somewhere nearby?
Lots of parking spots and also places to have a simple meal nearby the harbour area... Provided that the Croc is stuck in Ystad all day, of course...

Ystad_MeetingPlace.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline petestra  
#33 Posted : 30 August 2015 20:25:31(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I think it's great that this old Swiss lady is coming to visit your lovely country up north. Wish I were there to see her with you all. Cheers, Peter.Cool
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline Andrey  
#34 Posted : 30 August 2015 23:06:20(UTC)
Andrey

Russian Federation   
You will be having super-event with Swiss Crocs, guys. I would thank so much the man/company, who decided to bring Crocs to Sweden.

I would give my Maerklin Croc to see real Crocs in Sweden. And of course to see you, Forum Members, who would be there.

After seeing a real Croc, I would need my brown Maerklin Croc back (or buying another, since I have only one), since seeing a real LEGEND is the thing that inspires me (and perhaps you) for Maerklin and for MRR.

All the best, Andrey ThumpUp
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Andrey
Offline steventrain  
#35 Posted : 02 September 2015 21:04:12(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update - crocodile may be make to Sweden or may gone back to Swiss for repair.

Wrote from facebook.

'Due to an overheated axle bearings the crocodile in Berlin Grunewald had to be left behind. The special train continued its journey away to Sweden. We stay with the SBB team at the old lady'.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#36 Posted : 02 September 2015 21:30:00(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Update - crocodile may be make to Sweden or may gone back to Swiss for repair.

Wrote from facebook.

'Due to an overheated axle bearings the crocodile in Berlin Grunewald had to be left behind. The special train continued its journey away to Sweden. We stay with the SBB team at the old lady'.

Oh dear Scared Scared Scared Scared

Maybe Marklin won't produce the 31100 set then Woot Woot Woot

Offline Webmaster  
#37 Posted : 02 September 2015 21:39:44(UTC)
Webmaster

It would be a huge disappointment for all of us if it does not come to Sweden... Sad
I hope they can fix the wheel bearing in Berlin and send it up North in reasonable time...
Offline Herrfleck  
#38 Posted : 02 September 2015 21:52:33(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!
On ”Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum Gävle”’s Facebook page there is an update about what has happened to the Crocodile.
(here is a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jarnvagsmuseum )

SBB Historic has also written about it in German on their Facebook page.
(here is a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sbbhistoric?fref=ts )

She has broke down in Berlin, but a repair team is already working on fixing her.

Right now they don’t know exactly what is going to happen, but tomorrow they will present a plan. They still hope that the Crocodile will be able to make it to Sweden until the event in Gävle, which is on 12 September.

The Switzerland wagons will continue the planned journey to Sweden and arrive in Ystad by the ferry as planned, but the Crocodile won’t be there on this Friday.

/Bertil

//Bertil
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Online xxup  
#39 Posted : 02 September 2015 23:31:03(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
All is not lost.. Just hop in a car and share the driving to Berlin.. You should be there in a mere 6 hours..

Here's a map:

UserPostedImage

I am sure that there are plenty of backpacker places to hold 5 desperate Vikings.. LOL

Oh yes.. To get home you can use the same map.. Just hold it upside down.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline PJMärklin  
#40 Posted : 03 September 2015 01:29:14(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

Oh yes.. To get home you can use the same map.. Just hold it upside down.. LOL

The map is upside down already ! Tongue
Offline biedmatt  
#41 Posted : 03 September 2015 02:43:17(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I shouldn't laugh because I know some folks might be very disappointed if it doesn't make it, but damn Adrian that was funny.

I hope they get it fixed and on it's way. I know I'd be bummed. Plus I want to see pictures.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Webmaster  
#42 Posted : 03 September 2015 09:35:46(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, I'll be there anyway to at least see the coaches...
Will have to be there whenever the croc arrives too... BigGrin
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline petestra  
#43 Posted : 03 September 2015 14:40:50(UTC)
petestra

United States   

Look forward to all your photos, Juhan. Have fun. Peter ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Offline Herrfleck  
#44 Posted : 03 September 2015 18:42:54(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   

I will be there too!

When the coaches arive.
And when the crocodil arives another day.

Bertil.

//Bertil
Offline Goofy  
#45 Posted : 03 September 2015 19:04:59(UTC)
Goofy

Swiss crocodile shall arrives to Ängelholm for the trip to town city Båstad and back again on saterday.
The trip start from Ängelholm at 16.22 o´clock.
It seems now disable at the saterday.
H0
Offline Herrfleck  
#46 Posted : 03 September 2015 19:11:31(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Swiss crocodile shall arrives to Ängelholm for the trip to town city Båstad and back again on saterday.
The trip start from Ängelholm at 16.22 o´clock.
It seems now disable at the saterday.

Hello Goofy!

The croc is broke!!
See post 38!!!

Bertil.

//Bertil
Offline Goofy  
#47 Posted : 03 September 2015 20:12:33(UTC)
Goofy

Yes i know.
H0
Offline Western Pacific  
#48 Posted : 05 September 2015 14:55:35(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
The Crocodile is undergoing repair at Seddin near Berlin. SBB had some spare bearings and has sent them and a repair man by plane to Berlin.

As I have reported in the thread "SBB Historic train in Ystad", the Crocodile will be transported via Denmark to Sweden. In other words back to Plan B. This of course under the assumption that the repair will be successful and that the tests afterwards also go well.

Plan A was ferry from Sassnitz to Trelleborg, but that idea had to be abandoned due to the fact that the line from Trelleborg to Malmö is closed for upgrading. Plan C was ferry from Swinoujscie to Ystad, the way the SBB Historic train has reached Sweden, but a transport through Poland to Swinoujscie cannot be re-scheduled with such a short notice.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline TouchCab  
#49 Posted : 06 September 2015 00:11:09(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Whoo-hoo. Back to plan B. The croc will be passing not far from where I live.
Now I just need to figure out when ...
Best regards,
Jens
---
This account is no longer active
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline Western Pacific  
#50 Posted : 06 September 2015 08:17:59(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post
Whoo-hoo. Back to plan B. The croc will be passing not far from where I live.
Now I just need to figure out when ...

This is as close as I can provide information by quoting Swedish Postvagnen (Mail coach):

"Krokodilnytt lördag kväll (Allmänt)

av HP , Jönköping, lördagen 5 september 2015, 21:14:32

Från Berlin har vi fått en verkstadsrapport. I morse kom reservdelarna från Schweiz med budbil (inte flyg som vi först trodde). Nu är det tillverkat formar så man har kunnat gjuta nya lager till lagerboxarna ikväll. Daniel Maurer från SBB Historic leder nu flera team som jobbar dygnet runt och på måndag är planen att loket ska bli klart och transporten till Padborg ska påbörjas. Man är mycket optimistisk att detta ska gå bra, men det verkliga provet kommer när loket rullar och det inte värmer i de nya lagren.

Vår preliminära plan är att vi hoppas Hector Rail och BaneDenmark kan få fram Krokodiltransporten till Malmö så den kommer dit natt mellan onsdag och torsdag för att sedan fortsätta i vår regi till Hässleholm dit den ankommer tidigt torsdag morgon. Sedan kommer den rulla vidare via Nässjö, Hallsberg, Frövi, Västerås till Hagalund med ankomst dit fredag eftermiddag. Preliminärt planerar vi först där göra loket körklart. Det innebär alltså att loket bogseras genom Sverige i transport.

Med vänlig hälsning Henrik R, SJVM"

and a quick translation:

"Crocodile News Saturday evening (General)

HP, Jönköping, Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015, 21:14:32

From Berlin, we have a workshop report. This morning, the spare parts from Switzerland came by courier (not air as we first thought). The moulds for casting new bearing have been made and the casting of the bearings for the bearing boxes will be done tonight. Daniel Maurer from the SBB Historic now leads several teams who work around the clock and on Monday, the plan is that the locomotive will be ready and transport to Padborg will begin. They are very optimistic that this will go well, but the real test will come when the locomotive rolls and if the new bearings will not overheat.

Our preliminary plan is that we hope Hector Rail and BaneDenmark can succeed in transporting the Crocodile to Malmö so it gets there night between Wednesday and Thursday and then continues under our auspices to Hässleholm where it arrives early Thursday morning. Then it will roll on through Nässjö, Hallsberg, Frövi, Västerås to Hagalund arriving there Friday afternoon. The preliminary planning is to make it ready to run there. This means that the locomotive transported in Sweden.

Sincerely, Henry R, ​​SJVM"

Remark: Hagalund is the main depot for passenger trains and engines in the Stockholm area.

This also means that I do not have information when the Crocodile arrives at Padborg and how much of the transport through Denmark would take place in daylight or alternatively if it would stop at lit stations which would allow for night time photography.