Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline biedmatt  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:37:11(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I want to order a new roof for 37770, the Flying Hamburger. I found it at Marklin.de's spare parts page and can place it into the shopping cart. When I go to check out, I do not get an option to select United States as the destination country. Any suggestions? TIA
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline petestra  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:47:01(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I want to order a new roof for 37770, the Flying Hamburger. I found it at Marklin.de's spare parts page and can place it into the shopping cart. When I go to check out, I do not get an option to select United States as the destination country. Any suggestions? TIA

Hi Matt, In the USA you need to order thru your authorized Marklin dealer who then orders the part(s)
thru Walthers in WI which is the importer for Marklin. If you don't have a USA dealer you can find one
at Marklin.com, the USA website. I use an online dealer in Germany mostly but it won't pay to pay
the shipping on just one part unless you order other stuff too. It could take quite a while to get it
via a US dealer because Walthers only gets shipments from Marklin every couple of months.

Good luck,Peter

In Germany I use Lokshop
In the USA I use Helmut's Hobby Specialties

They both have websites and give excellent service.
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:50:52(UTC)
Goofy

If i want some spare parts for my Brawa locomotivs or wagons i need only write to Brawa by order it and they send it to me.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline petestra  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:56:13(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi again Matt, I have tried Anders' idea with Marklin but they just tell me to go thru my authorized dealer
and Walthers in the US. Peter
Offline biedmatt  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2012 21:10:22(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I suspected I had to go through Walthers when USA was not an option. I've been waiting a month for some current conducting couplers because the plug in drawbar is such a pain. Looks like there isn't much inventoried in Wisconsin. Thank you all for the replies.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 14 May 2012 21:23:58(UTC)
Webmaster

You could also try to get the parts from Lokshop.de... At least ask them for it... They ship to customers worldwide.

In fact most German online dealers are willing to ship spare parts also to the US.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline pyxa69  
#7 Posted : 14 May 2012 21:45:51(UTC)
pyxa69

United States   
Welcome to forum.
Try Mike at www.euromodeltrains.com, he usually got some stuff in stock and if not, he can order for you from Germany.
MaRkLiN rules
Offline BrandonVA  
#8 Posted : 14 May 2012 22:21:56(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Sometimes for small stuff (parts) you can find it on ebay.de and if the seller will ship to the USA, you can normally get an OK postage rate. I know when I search eBay for international listings, I can find the current conducting close couplers from a few sellers at a given time. Mind you the postage rate is probably high for a single part, but it could be a lot worse. I myself am looking around for four sets for the same couplers, but waiting until my budget recovers from my recent purchases of 3312 and 3304 locs on ebay. ;)

-Brandon
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 14 May 2012 22:24:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I would go with Lokshop, Kramm or one of the other well known and reliable German shops. Part orders from US dealers still have to go through Walthers.

Mike C
Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 15 May 2012 12:53:20(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Just send a quick Email to the local dealer and hand delivered in a few days.
No problems.

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Dave Banks  
#11 Posted : 19 June 2012 12:37:48(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Nev, you have to be the only Markin customer with such a privileged customer / dealer relationship. You have the luck of the Devil. Drool
D.A.Banks
Offline EMD_GP7  
#12 Posted : 19 June 2012 21:27:47(UTC)
EMD_GP7

Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I suspected I had to go through Walthers when USA was not an option. I've been waiting a month for some current conducting couplers because the plug in drawbar is such a pain. Looks like there isn't much inventoried in Wisconsin. Thank you all for the replies.

Hi, I have a set of Rheingold coaches (4228).
Do you or anyone know if the above mentioned conducting couplers will replace the conducting drawbars between these coaches and if so what is the part number please ?
Regards, Colin.
Offline BrandonVA  
#13 Posted : 19 June 2012 21:34:27(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Colin,

The part number is 72021. I am also looking to see if I can use these on the 4228 Rheingold set. Looking at the design, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I believe you'd just end up with some spare parts, as the couplers themselves is all you would need since the the Rheingold coaches are already internally wired. Each 72021 contains two couplers, enough to convert one car. The Rheingold has 5 cars, but the front and rear cars each have a coupler on the end. Therefore, only a quality of four 72021 would be required.

-Brandon
Offline witzlerh  
#14 Posted : 19 June 2012 21:48:12(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Colin, either 72020 or 72021 will work. They are both the same price at Walthers. I think the 72020 has less conversion parts.

I have converted some trains so that all cars have Current conducting couplers. Some I have used the solid bar every 2nd car as at $ a car, I rather buy track!

All. Keep hasseling Wathers and/ or the local dealer. Cursing Walthers has been building up inventory but I totally agree that small spare parts do not need to wait for the next big shipment. The more we North American Marklinists hassel them, the more they will meet our needs. THere are a few dealers in NA that may have the spare in stock. Phone around too.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline petestra  
#15 Posted : 19 June 2012 22:17:23(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi,
If you are in the USA and have complains about Walthers contact Michelle at Marklin dot com. She
deals with them all the time and her office is there now. Märklin spare parts now have a capital E in front of the part number. This is the German word for spare parts i.e. Ersatzteile. Peter
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 20 June 2012 09:01:27(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the design, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
It does work, but the gap between the coaches will grow by a few millimetres (the 4228 uses special drawbars that are shorter than normal NEM drawbars).

See this post (#3) for a picture:
https://www.marklin-user...0-Merkur.aspx#post185188
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Online xxup  
#17 Posted : 20 June 2012 10:54:24(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: DaveB Go to Quoted Post
Nev, you have to be the only Markin customer with such a privileged customer / dealer relationship. You have the luck of the Devil. Drool

It helps if you have more metal than the Terminator.. There is an element of fear involved in the transaction.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup