Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline elsleuth  
#1 Posted : 04 January 2005 17:28:35(UTC)
elsleuth

I run c track and wanted to add an arch bridge, so I bought transition track and stuck the bridge and track into my c layout. The loc now stops at the bridge. I traded bridges and got the same result. It looks like the center rail is connected and the side rails are connected. Why?
Offline verheyen  
#2 Posted : 04 January 2005 17:52:00(UTC)
verheyen

No clue. I have the same combination, c-track with transition to m-track for the bridge and back again with no problems. You may have a contact issue. Check the connections of the track pieces again. It does work.

Peter

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by elsleuth
<br />I run c track and wanted to add an arch bridge, so I bought transition track and stuck the bridge and track into my c layout. The loc now stops at the bridge. I traded bridges and got the same result. It looks like the center rail is connected and the side rails are connected. Why?
Offline rschaffr  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2005 18:35:34(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Yes it does. I use a C to M connection piece for my turntable. No problems.

Make sure the "tongue" of the M track is making contact. If one or the other got bent down it may not be conducting.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline perz  
#4 Posted : 05 January 2005 00:17:20(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
It's the old 360 mm metal bridge, isn't it? I have three of them. On one, trains stop when running slowly. It's a problem in the bridge itself but I haven't found out the exact cause and haven't been able to cure it. I have verified that there is contact out to the bridge even when the train is stopped because of the problem. Luckily, I only need two of the bridges on my layout so I can put the faulty one aside.

Another of the two bridges showed a little bit of the same problems but it worked after careful cleaning. Cleaning didn't help the one with the worst problems but maybe it is a dirt problem anyway.