Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline wilfried  
#101 Posted : 08 September 2010 11:10:13(UTC)
wilfried

HELLO,

Some pictures from our forum in FRANCE.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/291/tgv30.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7342/tgv6.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2467/tgv36.jpg

I have bought it to " AU PULLMAN " , i will open it saturday, and i will give my opinion.

Best regards from FRANCE.

Offline jeehring  
#102 Posted : 08 September 2010 12:51:42(UTC)
jeehring

...all pictures -including pictures of the model on Marklin TV - are showing Top Class moulding & engraving of the bogies with much depth & relief...
Confirmation that sensors of the "former" Swiss & German signal systems are visible from the outside. One is on the last bogie of the machine. Another one is on the first bogie of the coach . They look like 2 different kinds of "bar" on the lower part of the bogies...here is a link to a forum showing a screen capture :

http://www.lrpresse.fr/t...mp;t=33625&start=465
Offline husson73  
#103 Posted : 08 September 2010 17:09:54(UTC)
husson73

As wrote Jeehring, the french text isn't really interesting; just commercial on which Marklin said the TGV runs very good with one engine but as they want the same performance than a real TGV (compare to the fact it's 1 87 scale) a second engine is better.
3 rails HO OO O I, DC and AC, analogic and digital.
Offline steventrain  
#104 Posted : 08 September 2010 23:42:15(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi Wilfried,

Welcome to the forum.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline wilfried  
#105 Posted : 12 September 2010 23:33:21(UTC)
wilfried

Offline SINCrazee  
#106 Posted : 13 September 2010 12:40:05(UTC)
SINCrazee

Here is the sound demo from one of my friends on Youtube who videos it!! :)

C-track carpetbahn, R1 ,R2,R3 with MS2 and a CS2 plus Marklin and HAG trains..
Offline jeehring  
#107 Posted : 19 September 2010 04:40:33(UTC)
jeehring

This TGV has come out beautifully.I've seen it today at the shop.(only 4 elements including 2 machines )
From the outside , carefully done, a very accomplished model.ThumpUp
Beautiful work of painting and "tampographie" ( I don't find the English translation for "tampographie" = the work with colored inks for inscriptions, logotypes and colored drawings, near the doors : the result is amazing .)

The only thing I regret is that there is no separate function/output for interior lighting : external light + internal lights are only in one function. WHich, in fact, is not so incongruous for a TGV .....Fortunately, interior lighting seems quite soft and not so bright .
But there is a separate function for the third front light which could be explained by the fact that the real TGV roll with 2 front lights in France, 3 front lights in Germany...
I'm wondering if it will be possible for a handyman who would like to have a separate interior lighting function to easily modify some connections by choosing only one external lighting configuration (with/without a small electronic relay ?)....
According to my dealer, the two motors gives realistic dynamics : it accelerate smoothly even from 200km/h till 320 km/h .( a better torque on wheels as motors turns at lower revs = a better & larger range of use...probably ?? )
We only have tested the sound : very good. (station anouncements - German , French - doors,brakes,horn....)

One thing is sure : this Marklin model definitely outclass all former models of TGV from other brands (Mehano, Jouef, Lima....)
What would it be in case of a full metal model.... Woot Love

Edited by user 19 September 2010 14:17:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#108 Posted : 19 September 2010 05:59:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
jeehring wrote:
This TGV has come out beautifully.I've seen it today at the shop.(only 4 elements including 2 machines )
From the outside , carefully done, a very accomplished model.ThumpUp
Beautiful work of painting and "tampographie" ( I don't find the English translation for "tampographie" = the work with colored inks for inscriptions, logotypes and colored drawings, near the doors : the result is amazing .)

The only thing I regret is that there is no separate function/output for interior lighting : external light + internal lights are only in one function. WHich, in fact, is not so incongruous for a TGV .....Fortunately, interior lighting seems quite soft and not so bright .
But there is a separate function for the third front light which could be explained by the fact that the real TGV roll with 2 front lights in France, 3 front lights in Germany...
I'm wondering if it will be possible for a handyman who would like to have a separate interior lighting function to easily modify some connections by choosing only one external lighting configuration (with/without a small electronic relay ?)....
According to my dealer, the two motors gives realistic dynamics : it accelerate smoothly even from 200km/h till 320 km/h .( a better torque on wheels as motors turns at lower revs = a better & larger range of use...probably ?? )
We only have tested the sound : very good. (station anouncements - German , French - doors,brakes,horn....)

One thing is sure : this Marklin model definitely outclass all former models of TGV from other brands (Mehano, Jouef....)

Tampographie would translate as Pad Stamping or in this case as Colour Pad Stamping, a procedure by which various details are printed on an object using computer controlled stamps to apply various layers of coloured lettering or markings on models. A demonstration of the process can be found here: http://www.tampoprint.de...n_de/tampondruck_de.html
There is also a video from Maerklin: http://www.maerklin.de/d...imbild/ungarn_teil1.html
Regards

Mike C
Offline jeehring  
#109 Posted : 19 September 2010 15:22:18(UTC)
jeehring

mike c wrote:
jeehring wrote:

One thing is sure : this Marklin model definitely outclass all former models of TGV from other brands (Mehano, Jouef....)

Tampographie would translate as Pad Stamping or in this case as Colour Pad Stamping, a procedure by which various details are printed on an object using computer controlled stamps to apply various layers of coloured lettering or markings on models. A demonstration of the process can be found here: http://www.tampoprint.de...n_de/tampondruck_de.html
There is also a video from Maerklin: http://www.maerklin.de/d...imbild/ungarn_teil1.html
Regards

Mike C

so the French word "tampographie" is " pad stamping" in English...thank you for the translation.ThumpUp (untill now, I couldn't find any translation for this word...)
Compared with its competitors Marklin always has been known for their perfect command of this field (remember Porsche Taurus and some Swiss colored items....)How they succeed in doing some of those beautiful shaded tones doen't cease to amaze me... ThumpUp
On the video we can see several stampings for each side of the item . The neophyte could think that one stamp = one pattern. In fact each stamp is for one color (one stamp = one color). IE : the stamp with red ink is printing all which is red on this side.... 6 or 8 or 10 stamps printing one side...it means that there are 6 or 8 or 10 different colors or shades on this side...... computers & softwares allowed a big improvement in terms of accuracy on automatic lines...so true !
At the old time when they had to make it manually, the operator had to be skilful (almost an "artist"). He could do some very nice job as well (but very short quantities...)

Edited by user 19 September 2010 21:13:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline 3015  
#110 Posted : 09 October 2010 12:48:13(UTC)

jeehring wrote:

I agree about the Panorama Railcar . It will be produced by "Mistral Train" who is a serious manufacturer. (Much more serious than LS Model/LSM).
It's plastic but engraving & moulding are fine. Like Marklin : motorized items are delivered with full digital and interior lighting (factory installed electronics) for 3 rails and 2 rails. They also have good quality motorization (in contrast to LSM).

Have a look on a pre-serial model:

Hello all...
It seems that this Panorama Railcar really disappoint owners: with lots of quality issues! I don't agree with Jeehring: LS Models is superior in quality: Mistral models seems to have lots of problems and it is recurrent...
Cheers
Davd
Offline jeehring  
#111 Posted : 09 October 2010 18:10:33(UTC)
jeehring

3015 wrote:
jeehring wrote:

I agree about the Panorama Railcar . It will be produced by "Mistral Train" who is a serious manufacturer. (Much more serious than LS Model/LSM).
It's plastic but engraving & moulding are fine. Like Marklin : motorized items are delivered with full digital and interior lighting (factory installed electronics) for 3 rails and 2 rails. They also have good quality motorization (in contrast to LSM).

Have a look on a pre-serial model:

Hello all...
It seems that this Panorama Railcar really disappoint owners: with lots of quality issues! I don't agree with Jeehring: LS Models is superior in quality: Mistral models seems to have lots of problems and it is recurrent...
Cheers
Davd

really too soon to assess the MISTRAL model .
For less than 10 days that the first units have been delivered a few at a time ....half a dozen of comments from 3 or 4 owners pointing positive points as well as some negative....
I don't want to judge on mere intent or to put those manufacturers in the dock ....I'm interested in facts only...

According to those few comments it seems that on The Pano Railcar model one issue is about the mounting of the skirts...it seems that the manufacturer has been using " a lot of glue"..Unsure ..at least on this very first batch ...RollEyes
the over-use or excessive use of glue into manufacturing is also one issue on many LSM models....(difficult to be opened, , difficult to knock down and put back together again, etc...) ....that only shows a poor design with its serie of consequences. As you cannot make some parts properly fit together , glueing them is much easier .BigGrin (
( also a bad habit of some Chinese subcontractors if they are not seriously controlled...- some of them...I think that those small new brands without any experience into industry don't know how to manage efficient control of their subcontractors, as all is made by subcontractors, not necessarly the best ones...Often : the cheapest ones for short run for small markets...)
But this thread is about TGV , we'd better open another thread about the Mistral Pano Railcar if we don't want readers to feel bored...

Edited by user 10 October 2010 00:30:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline steventrain  
#112 Posted : 30 October 2010 22:35:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin is starting delivery of 43420 Add-On Car Set 1 for the TGV POS.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Pavle  
#113 Posted : 31 October 2010 23:41:03(UTC)
Pavle

Thanks Steven, I can't wait. It's a beautiful train, but it looks a bit, well, short.

UserPostedImage

But by the end of this year this will have grown to 230 cm train! For now, it's assisting in test-running on my layout-in-construction.
Peter
Offline TimR  
#114 Posted : 01 November 2010 01:36:22(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
I think proper review for this model is long overdue...Cool
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline steventrain  
#115 Posted : 01 November 2010 09:48:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very nice, peter.ThumpUp

How is the running and sounds?
Offline Pavle  
#116 Posted : 06 November 2010 22:00:26(UTC)
Pavle

TimR wrote:
I think proper review for this model is long overdue...Cool

Ok, I got the message... BigGrin
Peter