Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mrmarklin  
#51 Posted : 03 February 2016 02:57:10(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering how much funds you have allocated for Marklin in 2016 (11 months remaining).

I have allocated a total of Euro 600.- for the next 11 months.
Money will go to 3 oldfashioned analogue loco's at Euro 100 each,some freight cars for total Euro 100,and one analogue loco in the more heavy class at Euro 200.
All for static display.

Cheers,
Paul.

If you think I'm going to post my possible future expenditures on the public internet for my wife to possibly see, you're smoking some very strange substances!LOL Flapper Huh Mellow
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Mark5  
#52 Posted : 03 February 2016 04:31:42(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Well, with all our great aspirations for 2016 written in stone, it will be great to revisit this thread come Christmas donation time next year! Wink

Never limit yourself when you make a masterpiece. Put your heart and soul into it. Then share it with the world.
If you do that, you will find the resources to do it. For most of us, we may need to ask ourselves how we will budget our time.
And the time to use what we have. As many have said, just using what is in the display cases.

If all goes as planned, for me this "could" mean finding "time" for proper video/film editing software and macro lenses.

A wise man once said to me that you should never make a budget.
All you need to do is make your savings a forced expenditure.
...either that or turn over your signing authority to your FD!

Anecdotally, AK and other Portuguese members may note that when the Portuguese want to say they will need some extra money for this or that, they rub their index finger with their thumbs and say, "Ah, yes, but I don't have time"... "Não tenho tempo!"

Happy spending in 2016!

- Mark

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline NS1200  
#53 Posted : 03 February 2016 07:46:56(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering how much funds you have allocated for Marklin in 2016 (11 months remaining).

I have allocated a total of Euro 600.- for the next 11 months.
Money will go to 3 oldfashioned analogue loco's at Euro 100 each,some freight cars for total Euro 100,and one analogue loco in the more heavy class at Euro 200.
All for static display.

Cheers,
Paul.

If you think I'm going to post my possible future expenditures on the public internet for my wife to possibly see, you're smoking some very strange substances!LOL Flapper Huh Mellow

Cartoon by the brilliant Gary Larson (USA):

http://www.funnyjunk.com...nny_pictures/271090/Gary

P.S.: I never smoked anything in my entire life.

P.S. 2: You can block the site with your personal password,it works for me,my wife never goes there,but i should be careful not to disclose the word in my sleep.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline Br502362  
#54 Posted : 03 February 2016 13:16:28(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
This is from George Best:

“I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted”

LOL LOL LOL

Åke
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Br502362
Offline MalinAC  
#55 Posted : 03 February 2016 13:37:56(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
Nice to see you spend most of your money on the important stuff BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Eddie
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MalinAC
Offline Minok  
#56 Posted : 04 February 2016 00:19:51(UTC)
Minok

United States   
I probably should have set a budget; but that wouldn't be me. Given the way components are produced, I took the stance of "get them while they are available". So as I am just now starting to acquire the parts to build my own layout (after having played with other folk's layouts since I was 4 yrs old), I needed to start from scratch. Knowing what I wanted to start my layout with (the German 74-94 Deutsche Bundesbahn / Deutsche Bahn AG timeframe), I had my shopping list pretty quickly, and in set about looking for what would build the trains I road on in my childhood and youth.

And bamm, I'm now 3 Locos and a dozen cars ordered and shipping from the US, Germany and the UK. And a 29000 digital starter set on backorder.
Well that blew through $1,000 rather quickly.

Now I sit and wait for things to arrive to see what I have. Surely I'll end up buying some more track in the next few months to be able to run more than 1 train at a time (since the 2900 will only have one oval).. so I may well blow another couple hundred on track expansion kits.... really need to find an ebay auction for someone local that is getting out and has a bunch of C-Track to sell cheap....
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134