Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Pavle  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2008 20:09:30(UTC)
Pavle

Hi,

I've just installed my new turntable with it's little controller. My first experience with K-track, too. It works almost ok. But I do have a problem with the power to the "spokes" (connected tracks) of the turntable.

Documentation says that the spoke tracks that are lined up with the bridge should get power. They do, but only on one side of the bridge, where the cabin is. Most spokes on the other side are powerless.

Is this power connection known to be troublesome? I understand it is possible to have power supplied to each spoke, but I liked the idea of my locs there being powerless, not consuming anything. What are your experiences?

Peter
Peter
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 03 May 2008 22:10:19(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Peter,all,
There are center rail contacts on both sides of the TT bridge,so if both ends are lined up to a track they should get power.

Dr Dirt
Offline DaleSchultz  
#3 Posted : 03 May 2008 23:23:05(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
sounds like one of the rails on the turntable trestle is not getting power. If you short the two rails together do both rails of the spoke get power ?

BTW if running digitally you should connect all the spokes to power all the time, so that steamers can have lights and smoke on at any time...

I found the center contact would make momentary shorts to ground so I disabled them.. see http://layout.mixmox.com/1/Turntable_contacts

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline Charlie  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2008 20:06:52(UTC)
Charlie

Hallo Peter,

The operation of your turntable is as designed. If only the documentation would show that clearly...

The assumption is that your layout is powered, and that the "parking tracks" are powerless. Whenever you align the gatehouse with a "parking track", that portion receives power, allowing you to move a locomotive onto, or away from that track.

With the more modern digital operation, you can wire all parking tracks to your layout, of course. This will bypass the switch function of the turntable.

Groeten,

Charlie
Offline Pavle  
#5 Posted : 17 May 2008 02:45:35(UTC)
Pavle

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Charlie
<br />The assumption is that your layout is powered, and that the "parking tracks" are powerless. Whenever you align the gatehouse with a "parking track", that portion receives power, allowing you to move a locomotive onto, or away from that track.

Hi Charlie,

I thought it should not matter which side of the bridge is aligned to a parking track?
That's my problem: it is aligned, but the parking track does not get powered. I have to turn the bridge another 180 degrees to run a loc.

Anyway, I think I am going to follow the advice to power all tracks. Just have to find out how to do so with K-track.

Peter
Peter