Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline prjbourge  
#1 Posted : 17 April 2008 23:32:30(UTC)
prjbourge

If you have a limited space, this one fits on the dining-room table...

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by prjbourge
Offline Rowan  
#2 Posted : 18 April 2008 00:12:08(UTC)
Rowan

Thanks Pierre , nice and compact.

Smile
Offline Gkar  
#3 Posted : 18 April 2008 01:21:33(UTC)
Gkar

Thanks, Pierre, it looks like just what I am looking for in a compact layout! Is ther a way to get a larger copy of this?
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Offline spitzenklasse  
#4 Posted : 18 April 2008 03:32:47(UTC)
spitzenklasse

It's just thr right start . Mine was similar. The only difference is, I connected the inner oval with a bridge over a highway. An arch bridge with a girder sectin at ach end. My yard was at the front off of the crossover turnout. I only used four turnouts. It was M-track also. This gave me a lot of room for detail. I had on it: A village with an apothcare, a Chalet hotel, a music publisher witha church like steeple, a large home, a corner apartment building, a half timbered restaurant, a half timbered pass through corridor shop, a Merceds dealership (3 stories) octagon shaped with the repair facility, a hall of records, a photo shop, a fountain, a hexeloc mill, a coal mine, a steel milkl (N) scale, a kibri factory building a sa rolling mill, a kibri Bronzail castle, a Stuttgart fernsehterm, a Bonn Station and shed, a hair salon, a four story apartment house, a small lake with a beach and volleyball players, a mountain tunnel wth climbers, ands a Wuppertal signal house.HAVE FUN Rowan.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by spitzenklasse
Offline prjbourge  
#5 Posted : 25 April 2008 22:19:58(UTC)
prjbourge

Hi Gkar,

you can access a larger view with the following link :

http://i47.servimg.com/u...12/27/19/08/plan4_11.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by prjbourge
Offline kimballthurlow  
#6 Posted : 26 April 2008 01:27:07(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Pierre,
Just do it.
Perfect start for running trains.
The double track allows for 2 trains continuous.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline steventrain  
#7 Posted : 27 April 2008 14:44:26(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Trackplan look very good, prjbourge.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Laffe  
#8 Posted : 28 April 2008 23:50:10(UTC)
Laffe

Interesting design. But how do you go back to the inner track from the outer track, and how do you enter the station? Are you planning to reverse the trains back into the station? Not necessarily a bad thing, just wanting to check if it's intentional...
/Laffe
---
Wargamer, Roleplayer, Proud Father and Born-again Model Railroader
Offline prjbourge  
#9 Posted : 03 May 2008 01:17:11(UTC)
prjbourge

Hi Laffe,

you're absolutely right about the flaw in my plan, but when I designed the thing I simply missed a pair of 24612 which enable to go from outer ring to the inner ring (they can be inserted on the left upper side for example). this is one problem solved

In my plan, you have to admit that you can leave the main platform but not arrive (or conversely). those who have a "double ended" train like the Schienenbus will be more confortable with the design[:p]. you can then simply reverse at one moment and use the right side to put a smaller platform.

Now, if you want something a little more elaborate, I made this one. Again, it fits in the very limited space of my dining-room table. You can have 2 stations (it solves problem 2) but I had to "cheat" a little using the crossing to maximize the length.wink
The maximum possibility is 3 coaches + 1 steam lok, I usually put 2 + 1, less realistic but more manageable for manoeuvering.

hope you will enjoy and always glad to share commentsSmile

[img]
UserPostedImage
[/img]
Offline kimballthurlow  
#10 Posted : 03 May 2008 03:54:02(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Pierre,
I think your original design, with the addition of the crossover between tracks at the top, is much more play-smart than your later design.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 03 May 2008 07:12:57(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I agree with Kimball, the original plan, with the addition of another pair of curved turnouts, is much better.
Offline funwithtrains  
#12 Posted : 13 May 2008 00:35:14(UTC)
funwithtrains

I also like the original, with the addition of the crossover. I'm also interested to know what software program you used for the layout design? I've been into Marklin for a few years now, but am only recently getting serious about building a layout -- and was wondering what software to use.
Offline prjbourge  
#13 Posted : 13 May 2008 22:32:01(UTC)
prjbourge

hi,
thanks for the comments; I use Railmodeller (MacOs only...) as it turned out to be the most user-friendly to me. I tried a few others which run under winXP, but this one is really "drag and drop". It is possible to use it no charge if you are ready to accept some limitations (save and print are not possible without a licence key, but printing can be done with screen capture).
Offline funwithtrains  
#14 Posted : 17 May 2008 07:21:19(UTC)
funwithtrains

Thanks prjbourge, I'll have to try Railmodeller. We just got our first Mac, so I'm really glad to learn about this program.

Regards,
Rob
Offline viragoLDR  
#15 Posted : 18 May 2008 22:03:23(UTC)
viragoLDR

Railmodeller is worth buying really. It's not expensive and comes with a lifetime worth of updates I believe. It doesn't have many of the features of the big ones, I don't think you can specify height to the tracks for example, and there's not much of a 3d view either. But I enjoy using it more than the rest.
- Martijn
(early planning : H0-scale Era I K.Bay.sts.b)
(active planning : N-scale mixed late Era Japanese)
(possibly something Z-scale as well ;))
Offline Gordon  
#16 Posted : 13 August 2018 15:46:47(UTC)
Gordon

United Kingdom   
Scarm is also a good program to use. 3d view included. Complete marklin tracks. For small layouts free to use
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gordon