Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline lokbraz  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2008 11:43:12(UTC)
lokbraz

Hello all,

I have a tech question: Have anybody tried install lights @ Etoile du Nord car sets # 41870, 41871 & 41872? I bought the required 73400 light boards, 72020 current conduct couplers AND 73405 pick up shoes and ground wiper springs. Here where the problems started. First the spring had to be reworked in order to achieve smooth roll of wheels. No biggie here Smile . Next, the pick up shoe. What would be simple case of drop in, connect and run, became a puzzle case [:0] . Putting the shoe into the its truck was not easily done. These two parts didn't matte right. The shoe shaft had to forced into the truck because is unusual tight fit. Didn't lock properly even when I press the shoe as deep as possible.

After supposedly installed the shoe I noticed that it did not retracted (clear) enough to ride over rails and studs (third rail) of crossing. The shoe was installed in the generator car, the last one of the consist. Sure enough when I took the passenger set pulled by SNCF 40100 it derailed. Perhaps this issue partially explains why there were delays on the date of release of these items. Another mystery: there is a housing for a speaker in the fourgon/generator car.

Yes, I am not a novice to the installation of lights. Au contraire, I have done close a hundred cars.

My question: Does anybody have successfully installed a pick up shoe in any PBA cars? Any solution? How can [:o)] Marklin [:o)] be so lousy to make parts that are not made to matte?

My ancestors came from the land of rising sun. I was born in South America. Spent time in Europe. Now I live in California.
So, I am a builder of south american brass models. I read about the railroads on the Sierras. But I play with Marklin and have best time with my Marklin peers. wink
Offline Hemmerich  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2008 14:34:45(UTC)
Hemmerich

This is a known problem (see also another thread here); contact either your dealer or the Märklin repair service directly to replace the bogie(s) where you want to mount the slider. wink
Offline lokbraz  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2008 23:13:34(UTC)
lokbraz

Hello Lutz,

Thank you for giving me the answer. I was not able to find the thread to a previous forum regarding this issue. Can you give me the forum title or, better the replacement part number?

Thanks,

Ed
My ancestors came from the land of rising sun. I was born in South America. Spent time in Europe. Now I live in California.
So, I am a builder of south american brass models. I read about the railroads on the Sierras. But I play with Marklin and have best time with my Marklin peers. wink
Offline Hemmerich  
#4 Posted : 06 April 2008 14:45:12(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by lokbraz
<br />Hello Lutz,

Thank you for giving me the answer. I was not able to find the thread to a previous forum regarding this issue. Can you give me the forum title or, better the replacement part number?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

this issue was discussed in the thread "INOX coach lighting" in the HO section as well as it was likely mentioned by Henk in the thread "Etoile du Nord / Oiseau Bleu" in this forum section. It was caused by a wrong mounted tool item ("Kegelzapfen") within the mould for these bogies.

There is no replacement part# and also no need to replace all bogies; it only applies to those needed to hold a pickup shoe. Simply contact your dealer or Märklin service and ask for the new bogie(s) you need to mount your pickup shoe(s).wink