Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2008 22:35:13(UTC)
Rinus

In my continuous quest for a dirt and dust free layout, I ran into this device : http://lux-modellbau.de/html_uk/gleis_rh.htm

It costs about 125 euro at Lokshop.

Does anyone has any experience with it?

I'm very curious if it works and how! For example do you have to take the ruber tires off your loco before cleaning? Or does it clean the tires along with the whees in one single movement?

And does this devece also cleam the sleeper?
Offline Caplin  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2008 23:02:02(UTC)
Caplin

Edited: <s>It's new to me.</s> It looks interesting Smile
Nev.
What a short memory I have [:(]. I even asked you then how it performed. Found your post in Hobbits post by: Search 9301 - subject only - MMR forum. It seems that nobody else here has acquired this unit, so we await your findings in due time. Smile

Evil.
After watching the video on modellbau's site I would think that the rubber bands could not survive the treatment, but on the other hand, I don't see how to remove them on a steamer without a greater disassembling. May be the instructions cover this.

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#3 Posted : 23 March 2008 23:05:43(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I have one. Not the inbuilt one but the external one. almost 900mm long.
I have not tried it you so cannot tell you anything about it except that it looks impressive.
I have been trying to find space to mount it.
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Rinus  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2008 13:31:25(UTC)
Rinus

I'm a bit worried about the rubber tires too. Although I cant imagine that they should be taken off before cleaning. I mean: whats the point of a build-in-device then?

@Nev: very intrested in the performance of the device. Please keep me posted. I'm willing to test it for you, just ship it to The Netherlands biggrinbiggrin
Offline Caplin  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2008 14:26:38(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Evil R
<br />.... I'm willing to test is for you, just ship it to The Netherlands biggrinbiggrin
biggrinbiggrin

Nev, Would you be so kind as to look in the instruction leaflet to see what is said about the rubber tires - especially on steamers - (or is it only in German? [:(!]).

Thank you.Smile
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Bob R  
#6 Posted : 24 March 2008 15:19:34(UTC)
Bob R

I have the LUX Vacuum Car. It works great. Very happy with it.

Bob
Offline Rinus  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2008 18:31:05(UTC)
Rinus

Yup the vaccuum cleaner works great. I've got the dual package vacuum cleaner / grinding machine myself.

Makes me even more curious.
Offline Caplin  
#8 Posted : 24 March 2008 19:00:57(UTC)
Caplin

Me too to both statements wink
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#9 Posted : 25 March 2008 00:52:44(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Caplin
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Evil R
<br />.... I'm willing to test is for you, just ship it to The Netherlands biggrinbiggrin
biggrinbiggrin

Nev, Would you be so kind as to look in the instruction leaflet to see what is said about the rubber tires - especially on steamers - (or is it only in German? [:(!]).

Thank you.Smile

Instruction, (Very Little) are in German. LAter today I will scan them and post for all to read and Translate. (for Me)

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 25 March 2008 10:37:57(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Cannot find the Manual. [:(!] Still looking and have sent a Message to get a new manual by Email if Possible.
Nev
Offline nevw  
#11 Posted : 28 March 2008 23:43:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
OK. GOt a Copy of the Manual and it is here:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/ex-appys/
Select the Button LUX Wheel Cleaner Manual
It is a Word DOcument. In German. Decoder set to address 78 and the Marklin model of the wheel cleaner is the .7 model.

Nev
Offline Caplin  
#12 Posted : 29 March 2008 12:42:49(UTC)
Caplin

Thanks for your effort, Nev.

Now we just need a translation. wink

Any volunteers confused

Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Rinus  
#13 Posted : 10 April 2008 23:13:41(UTC)
Rinus

Thx for the manual!

I can read a little German.

It seems the rubber tires need to be removed with a certain type of cleanerpads. Im not certain which but I think it are the grinding pads.
Offline plavnostruev  
#14 Posted : 13 April 2008 03:23:18(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
A quick plug here, if I may: my shop is now carrying LUX-Modellbau products and I have stock on hand. Great products IMHO and I had real pleasure talking (albeit through translator) with mr. Lux in Nuremberg.

Mike
Offline nevw  
#15 Posted : 13 April 2008 05:04:42(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Good one Mike.
Nev