Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline renevoorburg  
#1 Posted : 19 March 2008 08:33:11(UTC)
renevoorburg

Hi,

Am I the only one with this problem? For more than weeks (months) now I can't access M's homepage (www.marklin.de) anymore. Firefox says thats the site redirects in a wrong way (too many redirects). Safari doesn't work either.

Too my suprise, I couldn't even get it working in IE7. At work, I can't access it either.

Are they sleeping in Goppingen? What is going on?

The new site used to work on my Mac.

René - worried-
Offline vilithejou  
#2 Posted : 19 March 2008 08:40:25(UTC)
vilithejou

Hi René

Try with this direction:

http://www.maerklin.de/de/index.html

Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline renevoorburg  
#3 Posted : 19 March 2008 09:16:39(UTC)
renevoorburg

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by vilithejou
Try with this direction:

That does work! I should have used maerklin iso marklin...

Thanks, René
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2008 10:01:25(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by renevoorburg
<br />That does work! I should have used maerklin iso marklin...

marklin.com does work ...
marklin.de was registered by Märklin, but does not work - it seems they forgot it when they took the new website online.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2008 11:49:07(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I used to use Marklin.de and it auto re-directed to Marklin.de.de
Just tried it Does not work as reported. tried http://www.maerklin.de and it redirected to http://www.maerklin.de/de/
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline ozzman  
#6 Posted : 19 March 2008 12:34:28(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
I think there was something about the Marklin url a little while ago in another post. There was some speculation that the second "de" might indicate that Mother M* is preparing to open an English version of their website.
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline Caplin  
#7 Posted : 19 March 2008 12:48:49(UTC)
Caplin

About time too![}:)]
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#8 Posted : 19 March 2008 15:36:42(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
It is old website address is switch off.

There is still old Product database included 2008 new items in use.

http://archiv.maerklin.de/produkte/pdb/index.php
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline nevw  
#9 Posted : 19 March 2008 23:14:43(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
MArklin.com still works (USA) and there is a Product Database on it. All in English.

Some parts head off to Germany still though.
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline huttel  
#10 Posted : 21 March 2008 02:43:26(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />It is old website address is switch off.

There is still old Product database included 2008 new items in use.

http://archiv.maerklin.de/produkte/pdb/index.php

Great Steven, have missed the old database Cool

//Thomas
Carpe Diem!
Märklin HO | Insider | C-Track | Digital | Primarilly DK & D | Era III+IV | PC Control with CS2 (60215), Intellibox & Win-Digipet | http://huttel.dk/marklin
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 10 April 2008 02:28:51(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by renevoorburg
<br />For more than weeks (months) now I can't access M's homepage (www.marklin.de) anymore.

On March 19th I wrote to Märklin and told them that marklin.de was not working.
They answered on March 27th and told me that marklin.de was not working (surprise, surprise [}:)]) and that I should use maerklin.de instead.

I replied the same day and told them it should be a simple task to git marklin.de working again - haven't heard from them yet.

"ping www.maerklin.de" gives the same IP address as "ping www.marklin.de" - so it seems there is only a misconfiguration in the web server ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ozzman  
#12 Posted : 10 April 2008 03:53:25(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
All of this does not auger well for the quality of their service!
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline TTRExpress  
#13 Posted : 10 April 2008 04:27:45(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Rene,

These links work very well. You should have no problems now, just add them to your favorites page on your internet browser.

http://www.marklin.com/

Happy surfing!!!biggrin
Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline spitzenklasse  
#14 Posted : 15 April 2008 00:00:57(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Hi all! I also had trouble , and typed www.maerklin.de, and it worked. Once anyway, I'll try again.
Offline WelshMatt  
#15 Posted : 15 April 2008 01:06:48(UTC)
WelshMatt

They clearly have a few problems with umlauts!

Marklin.com has never been a huge amount of use in my experience, I find the German site far easier to navigate.
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 15 April 2008 02:17:08(UTC)
H0

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by WelshMatt
<br />They clearly have a few problems with umlauts!

www.maerklin.de is correct.
www.marklin.de is (argh, was) for those who have problems with umlauts.
"ä" is written as "ae" if umlauts are not available.

BTW: www.märklin.de (IDN www.xn--mrklin-bua.de) is also registered by Märklin, points to the same IP address as www.maerklin.de and www.marklin.de - and it ain't working.
And what's the title they show when you open www.maerklin.de? It's "märklin.de" ...
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Larry  
#17 Posted : 15 April 2008 08:00:58(UTC)
Larry

United States   
We should never be writing Marklin in English since it is Maerklin in English. In the trademark name the umlauts are loud, clear and red, just like the loks produced with sound. All it takes is one extra letter to make it right. You realize Germans like precision especially in the name of the brand!
Offline H0  
#18 Posted : 17 April 2008 01:23:46(UTC)
H0

Yesterday M* wrote me that they forwarded my message to the appropriate department for further examination.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#19 Posted : 17 April 2008 01:30:23(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Larry If Germans liked precision we would still be getting great locos biggrin
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 24 July 2008 21:39:17(UTC)
H0

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to 21TORR, the company listed as administrative contact for www.marklin.de and www.märklin.de.
Today both addresses are working again.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 25 July 2008 02:15:33(UTC)
H0

I'm not Hans, but a working redirection is better than the old redirection with an endless loop.
Regards
Tom
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#22 Posted : 25 July 2008 03:17:54(UTC)
Webmaster

I suspect they forgot their DNS redirection entries when the new site was launched...

marklin.de worked in the past, redirecting to maerklin.de.. I suppose "web-consultants" do not care/have limited insight - of normal networking considerations regarding the technical site network management that is needed to make it work...

Those of use who are not "creators" but rather "technicians" know this and sigh many times regarding these obvious errors from "the others"...

Yep, I'm "old school" and want things to work before they are published in public...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 25 July 2008 04:58:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Webmaster
<br />Those of use who are not "creators" but rather "technicians" know this and sigh many times regarding these obvious errors from "the others"...

http://www.sysadminday.com/
Offline clapcott  
#24 Posted : 26 July 2008 03:04:08(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />
Quote:
<br />Those of use who are not "creators" but rather "technicians" know this and sigh many times regarding these obvious errors from "the others"...

A bit of an broad/inflated view of the role don't you think ?

Peter
Offline sjlauritsen  
#25 Posted : 26 July 2008 11:31:10(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />
it's all a simple matter of "proper" communication and documentation. However, people will always find a hole and jump right into it (I've seen this very often during my many years in Systems and SW quality engineering). wink

Thank you! You nailed it! It is all a simple matter of planning and documentation. If you do not document or do proper tests, things will go wrong with more expensive development and delays to follow.

People tend to think that documentation and especially proper testing is an expensive "extra thing" they can skip for more cheap development. WRONG! We've incorporated testing into the development cycle of our software so it cannot be avoided. If the customers do not want to pay for that they can find someone else.

Fortunately a lot of customers have seen the green light and, what do you know, they keep coming back! Smile

Best regards
Søren
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline sjlauritsen  
#26 Posted : 26 July 2008 11:34:45(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcott
<br />

Try and run a huge network without somebody in charge. When things work, nobody seems to care, when they don't, everybody is happy someone is there to fix them. And that is why you should appreciate your sysadmins, they make sure you don't have to care! wink

Best regards
Søren
Søren from Denmark
Offline clapcott  
#27 Posted : 27 July 2008 04:26:29(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by sjlauritsen
<br />
Quote:
<br />

Try and run a huge network without somebody in charge. When things work, nobody seems to care, when they don't, everybody is happy someone is there to fix them. And that is why you should appreciate your sysadmins, they make sure you don't have to care! wink

Best regards
Søren

Søren

I can only conclude that I have a different definition of a sysadmin. The link smacks too much of a God complex - someone who does and controls everything.

I have no doubt they have an indispensable role - but they are not alone.

In my experience a system/network works best then there is teamwork between a much larger number of roles - some I know, like environmental management (Access, Security, Power&lt;UPS&gt; and Cooling ), would be insulted to be lumped in with the linked description.

The last time I saw (what I call) a sysadmin, unpack and rack a server, patch it , or perform a tape mount for backup would have been at a SMB where there was ONLY one IT person, in which case there may be some merit in the term. Even then they would be trying to offload the work to secretaries/vendors/suppliers.

As to the comment about nobody caring, that is rubbish. It is more likely that the "sysadmin" is failing to do their paperwork, for their own tracking and delivery improvements, if not the businesses/customers they serve. Yes serve! If there were no users/customers they would not have a job.

One of the cartoons makes reference to annoying Users,Mangers,Purchasing Officers. A greater number of references can be made about the demands placed on others by the sysadmin.

Appreciation is fine and to be encouraged - but please don't play high and mighty.
Peter
Offline sjlauritsen  
#28 Posted : 27 July 2008 11:46:10(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Quote:
<br />
I can only conclude that I have a different definition of a sysadmin. The link smacks too much of a God complex - someone who does and controls everything.

I have no doubt they have an indispensable role - but they are not alone.

I agree. We have different definitions on the role. I think of the sysadmin, not as a person, but as a department in the company. That includes many people.

Quote:
<br />
As to the comment about nobody caring, that is rubbish.

I think is quite normal for people of the IT service department to think that nobody cares. Unless something goes wrong you never hear a thing from anybody. Not even a simple: "Good job".

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcottAppreciation is fine and to be encouraged - but please don't play high and mighty.

True, but I tend to think of the website as a funny thing, not a serious thing. And my comment should be read in that context.

Best regards
Søren
Søren from Denmark
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#29 Posted : 12 August 2008 15:22:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />
Quote:

Nope, a fairly accurate description I thought! Nothing inflated or overstated that I saw there. I've more or less done all of those things at one time or another.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by erich multzmeh
<br />And it's down for ages again now [:(]

At least the German site is[:(!]

Yes, it was down Tuesday morning NZ time.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#30 Posted : 12 August 2008 15:34:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcottAppreciation is fine and to be encouraged - but please don't play high and mighty.

Peter, you've never had to deal with some of our users and their abusive approach, even to the point of abusive and obscene language being placed in support calls logged by the user. Not on as far as I'm concerned, totally unprofessional, and I don't care how frustrated the user may or may not have been, there is no need for that. So, my observation is, it is rare to receive appreciation, more often than not it is abuse we get. Don't think anyone is playing high and mighty, I can relate to pretty much every thing they say on that web site.

BTW, on our site we do pretty much control everything. If that smacks of being a 'God complex' so be it.