Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mascagni  
#1 Posted : 05 March 2008 21:43:43(UTC)
mascagni

Hi: A while back I noticed on the Viessmann site (can't find it now), that they had an integrated turnout motor and decoder. Can anyone confirm this sighting? Also, if it is not a figment of my imagination, is it available?

Thanks.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline plavnostruev  
#2 Posted : 05 March 2008 22:21:59(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
There was unconfirmed sighting of what appeared to look like
working Viessmann's Memotech (that's what this gizmo is called) over Oklahoma and Texas couple of weeks ago being chased by a pair of F-16 , however both Viessmann and Pentagon categorically deny this as untrue. Pentagon claims that F-16s were on routine patrol and Viessmann says that it can't possibly be true, because they keep pushing the date when Memotech will finally see the light of day.

Mike
Offline rschaffr  
#3 Posted : 05 March 2008 23:36:31(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Viessmann tends to have a LOOONG time between product announcement and actual availability.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline mascagni  
#4 Posted : 06 March 2008 00:21:06(UTC)
mascagni

Ron: Yes I am aware of that, but for starters I was wondering if anyone can even find the information I ran across a while back? Thanks.--MM
Offline Charlie  
#5 Posted : 06 March 2008 03:54:23(UTC)
Charlie

I have given up waiting on it. I bet you they have too many reliability problems with the wire used.

Get ready for the servo driven turnouts for C-Track. Very cool slow switching, no more click clack, and at reasonable prices (at least, that is what I was promised at the Toy Fair).
Offline jonquinn  
#6 Posted : 06 March 2008 04:18:54(UTC)
jonquinn

I wonder why servos haven't arrived sooner for this use (for marklin anyways). the micro servos for the small RC backyard flyers are small and low profile (not too high), and why couldn't it be possible to control them digitally by some sort of low power RF - minimal range, maybe that would keep the FCC in the US out of it - or so what? if turnouts are clustered in small groups of 8 or less, you could use RC decoder/receivers, and have them hooked up to a DC power supply instead of batteries obviously. the receivers might need to be digitally controlled, since the normal RC receiver usually tops out at 8 channels. If there was a way to give each servo or receiver plug a digital address, then the amount of wiring could be cut back drastically.
maybe some of the more knowledgeable electronics types here could comment if thats possible.

either way, it ought to be possible to sire up the micro or mini servos to control turnouts with a regular digital controller (K84? - I'm a digital novice with no layout). these servos aren't that expensive anymore.
Offline mascagni  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2008 13:40:18(UTC)
mascagni

Hi: Thanks for the "Memotec" reference, it lead me to the following flyer:

http://www.viessmann-mod.../Weichenantrieb%20DE.pdf

It seems that Memotec was the hit of the Nuernberg toy fair in 2006!!! Wow, two years after they showcase it in a big toy fair, and Viessmann has not released it. While some of you speculate as to the problems, I am just flabbergasted as to the fact that they can take this long. Also, there is no mention of "Memotec" on the Viessmann website, so it seems it is no longer even in future plans. I did not realize that Viessmann operated this way.--MM
Offline Bob R  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2008 16:25:45(UTC)
Bob R

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
<br />Viessmann tends to have a LOOONG time between product announcement and actual availability.

Good one Ron, I am thinking Marklin does the same thing! Remember the Central Station saga?

Smile
Offline mmervine  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2008 16:35:33(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Were they also supposed to release one for C track with an integrated motor/decoder?

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#10 Posted : 09 March 2008 17:31:44(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Yep, AFAIK that should be the very same one...
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.