Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ripvanwnkl  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2008 19:39:08(UTC)
ripvanwnkl

Has anyone on this forum ever ordered from L'Etoile du Nord vendor at http://www.etoiledunord.com? I ordered four Piko cars @2 months ago, order was acknowledged as filled and shipped on website and by personal e-mail. No word since then despite frequent emails to website and owner.
Thank you.
Dave
USAF (Retired)
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2008 03:00:32(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Dave:

I have not used the vendor. Hopefully, you ordered via credit card and have have your account credited. Thanks for the warning about the poor service from this vendor.

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2008 05:17:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by ripvanwnkl
<br />Has anyone on this forum ever ordered from L'Etoile du Nord vendor at http://www.etoiledunord.com? I ordered four Piko cars @2 months ago, order was acknowledged as filled and shipped on website and by personal e-mail. No word since then despite frequent emails to website and owner.
Thank you.

1) Was your credit card charged for this purchase?

2) Did you receive a tracking number?

3) It seems that the website is undergoing changes (construction?) at this moment. They refer people to trainpassion.com, another website (similar) that is also en etat de projet.

A google scan of the cache of the Trainpassion website yields:
"Ce site n'est pas un site commercial mais est destiné à la revente de matériel de deuxième main personnel ou appartenant à des amis proches qui me sollicitent.
La tva n'est donc pas d'application sur ce site puisqu'il s'agit de transaction entre particuliers et ne peut donc être déduite pour les exportations hors CEE.
Attention: ce site est en construction contactez-nous en direct à trainpassion@skynet.be."

Translation:
This site is not a commercial site but is intended for the resale of used personal goods and items sold on behalf of friends who have asked me to dispose of the items for them.
The VAT is not applicable to these transactions because they are transactions between individuals and for that reason cannot be deducted for export outside the EEC.
Attention, this site is under construction, contact us a trainpassion@skynet.be

My first impression of both of these sites is that they seem a little less than professional. Through searching, I came up with the name Pierre Hautefin and B-7140 Morlanwelz.

There is also an eBay Store etoiledunord1 on eBay Belgium
http://stores.befr.ebay.be/etoiledunord1

Note: eBay account has no negative feedback

General rule:

If a site does not provide a physical address (ie store, house, etc) and the full contact information for the people operating it, it is generally a good rule to avoid such a site.

Regards

Mike C
Offline ripvanwnkl  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2008 05:51:03(UTC)
ripvanwnkl

Thanks for replies. My credit card hasn't been charged yet. Just trying to find out if and when I can expect the order. Thanks for the ebay address. Looks like no activity on ebay since mid January so may be hope yet.
Dave
USAF (Retired)
Offline ripvanwnkl  
#5 Posted : 07 March 2008 03:01:43(UTC)
ripvanwnkl

Update: Two days after I posted my last reply on this message string, I received e-mail from Pierre Hautefin of Etoile du Nord. He sincerely apologized for the two month delay and advised that he had shipped my order from Belgium. I received the complete order today. Case closed.
Dave
USAF (Retired)
Offline mmervine  
#6 Posted : 07 March 2008 03:34:00(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Dave:

I am glad that this worked out for you!biggrin

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline sudibarba  
#7 Posted : 07 March 2008 05:17:39(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
So many of the people in this business seem to be in it because they love the product. They often are not in tune with quick delivery, etc., as evidenced by the manufacturers themselves. In the business I'm in ,we would be out of business quick if we acted like model railroader suppliers.
Eric