Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2008 23:02:05(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello,

I have the ESU Lokprogrammer, as most of my newer digital loks have Lokpilot, Loksound or ESU OEM Decoders.
I have two problems, the first is computer related and the second one is train related.

On my laptop, the lokprogrammer window opens fine, but the small pop-up does not open properly, and I can not access the buttons needed to click on to proceed to the next step. I have tried adjusting the display size and other screen properties, but this has not helped.
The laptop runs XP.

On my desktop (W2000 Pro), all functions operate correctly. Here's where problem #2 comes in.

Most of my loks run perfectly in analog or digital. Almost all of the changes that I have made to loks consist of digital address and dimmed lights.
The problem I noticed is when these adjusted loks are used on analog tracks. Quite a few of the loks that I have modified using the lokprogrammer have developed the same problem. When run on analog, the lighting blinks at a medium cycle.
I cannot figure out why this is occurring. The Decoder has settings for analog operation, and these have not been touched. Why is this happening, and have any of you experienced the same problem?

FYI, this has happened mostly to Roco and Hag loks equipped with ESU OEM (Lokpilot 2) decoders, but also to my Maerklin 36330 shunter.

Thanks for your help

Mike C
Offline dntower85  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2008 23:22:53(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Mike, try hitting Alt + TAB to cycle through the running programs, that might bring the pop up window to the front.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2008 03:19:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by dntower85
<br />Mike, try hitting Alt + TAB to cycle through the running programs, that might bring the pop up window to the front.

It seems that when the pop-up opens, it is not fully displayed on the screen. I am unable to scroll it or move it with the mouse so I can't get to the button that I need to click.

Thanks for the suggestion. For now I will continue to use my desktop.
(but then there is the other problem)

Regards

Mike C
Offline Gert-Jan  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2008 11:41:22(UTC)
Gert-Jan

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:
It seems that when the pop-up opens, it is not fully displayed on the screen. I am unable to scroll it or move it with the mouse so I can't get to the button that I need to click.

Mike,

I suspect this is the popup you are talking about?
(Same you get when selecting menu 'File' - 'Start Wizard')

UserPostedImage

I have had the same problem once, the windows was not in the visible area
It looks like this popup-window has remembered its absolute position and therefore not visible and thus clickable anymore.

This might work (if the popup has the focus):<ul>
<li>Start Lopkprogrammer software, the popup-window will appear invisible</li>
<li>Press &lt;ALT&gt; and &lt;SPACEBAR&gt; to open up the window menu as depicted </li>
<li>Press &lt;CURSOR DOWN&gt; once and &lt;ENTER&gt; to select the option 'Move'</li>
<li>Try to move the windows back to the visible area again with the cursorkeys...[}:)]</li>
</ul>

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 14:07:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mosty era III DB.
Offline Hemmerich  
#5 Posted : 16 February 2008 20:18:38(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mike c
FYI, this has happened mostly to Roco and Hag loks equipped with ESU OEM (Lokpilot 2) decoders, but also to my Maerklin 36330 shunter.

Not really surprising as the Ee3/3 is as well equipped with a LP2 - which is clearly recognized by the LokProgrammer. biggrin

My 36330 has its lights dimmed as well but there is no such problem as described here (actually none at all). wink
Offline laalves  
#6 Posted : 16 February 2008 22:23:15(UTC)
laalves

Hi Mike,

You Lopi2s (and maybe your Lopi3s also) need a firmware update:

http://www.esu.eu/index.php?id=236

Have fun,

Luis
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 17 February 2008 05:18:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />Hi Mike,

You Lopi2s (and maybe your Lopi3s also) need a firmware update:

http://www.esu.eu/index.php?id=236

Have fun,

Luis

Why should my loks require a firmware update. The settings should have been adjustable from their original configuration without need for a firmware upgrade.

Mike
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2008 05:25:58(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mike c

Not really surprising as the Ee3/3 is as well equipped with a LP2 - which is clearly recognized by the LokProgrammer. biggrin

My 36330 has its lights dimmed as well but there is no such problem as described here (actually none at all). wink

Lutz.

Have you tried your digital loks on analog? After dimming the lights on a few loks, the following all had blinking lights (in analog mode). In digital mode, they operated perfectly:

Roco

Maerklin

Hag
203CargoHochdorf
280RailAway

The problem went away in each case when the decoder was reset to the factory presets. I suspect that the Hag loks may have had some changes to the settings at Hag before delivery, as some settings appear different than other similar loks (280MySwitzerland/050Ziegelbruecke)

The older Lopi 2s I can dim using 6021 w/o problem. The only ones that seem to have a problem are the newer ones which require CV113 and 114 to be modified, and those decoders have separate settings for analog which have not been altered, so I don't understand where the problem comes from.

I am waiting for help from Loksound.com (USA)

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 17 February 2008 05:28:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Gert-Jan

Mike,

I suspect this is the popup you are talking about?
(Same you get when selecting menu 'File' - 'Start Wizard')

UserPostedImage

I have had the same problem once, the windows was not in the visible area
It looks like this popup-window has remembered its absolute position and therefore not visible and thus clickable anymore.

This might work (if the popup has the focus):<ul>
<li>Start Lopkprogrammer software, the popup-window will appear invisible</li>
<li>Press &lt;ALT&gt; and &lt;SPACEBAR&gt; to open up the window menu as depicted </li>
<li>Press &lt;CURSOR DOWN&gt; once and &lt;ENTER&gt; to select the option 'Move'</li>
<li>Try to move the windows back to the visible area again with the cursorkeys...[}:)]</li>
</ul>

That's the window I was talking about. Normally, if you click on the window, you should be able to cycle through the options with the "tab" key, but this did not help. I will try your suggestion.

Thanks

Mike C

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 14:06:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline laalves  
#10 Posted : 17 February 2008 06:39:58(UTC)
laalves

Mike, believe me when I say "do a firmware upgrade". I had blinking light problems too. I've been there, done that.

Instead of being dismissive, go to the page, read the list of corrections for Lopi2's new firmware 24.12.2007:

"Erweiterungen:

* Consist Modus (Mehrfachtraktion, CV 19) wird auch für NCE Systeme korrekt unterstützt
* Der Decoder (nicht für LokPilot V2.0 DCC) hört nun auch dann auf die Märklin Bremsstrecke, wenn er im DCC-Modus betrieben wird.
* Mit CV124 Bit 7 kann das Dimmen der Lampen für den Analogbetrieb ausgeschaltet werden.
* Mit CV 124 Bit 6 kann der Motor für den Analogbetrieb voll durchgeschaltet werden (kein PWM, die volle Schienenspannung wird weitergegeben.
* Neue CV 224: Durch Schreiben des Werts "10" in CV 224 kann der Überstromschutz der Funktionsausgänge abgemildert werden: Auf Überstrom wird nur noch die ersten 300 ms nach dem Einschalten des Ausgangs getestet, und die Schwellwerte sind höher. Dadurch wird ein Lichtflackern bei Märklin-Loks vermieden."

... and do the upgrade.

"The settings should have been adjustable from their original configuration without need for a firmware upgrade."

I'm talking apples and you're talking oranges. Firmware has absolutely nothing to do with settings. Your settings will be preserved, as they are before the firmware upgrade.

While you're at it, you may notice all ESU's decoders have new firmware versiosn, which are worthwhile checking.
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 20 February 2008 08:42:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This seems to refer to a flickering of the lights and not to what I believe is the decoder thinking that it is a blink light instead of a dimmer function. In any case, I will look into it more closely.

Regards

Mike C

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />Mike, believe me when I say "do a firmware upgrade". I had blinking light problems too. I've been there, done that.

Instead of being dismissive, go to the page, read the list of corrections for Lopi2's new firmware 24.12.2007:

"Erweiterungen:

* Consist Modus (Mehrfachtraktion, CV 19) wird auch für NCE Systeme korrekt unterstützt
* Der Decoder (nicht für LokPilot V2.0 DCC) hört nun auch dann auf die Märklin Bremsstrecke, wenn er im DCC-Modus betrieben wird.
* Mit CV124 Bit 7 kann das Dimmen der Lampen für den Analogbetrieb ausgeschaltet werden.
* Mit CV 124 Bit 6 kann der Motor für den Analogbetrieb voll durchgeschaltet werden (kein PWM, die volle Schienenspannung wird weitergegeben.
* Neue CV 224: Durch Schreiben des Werts "10" in CV 224 kann der Überstromschutz der Funktionsausgänge abgemildert werden: Auf Überstrom wird nur noch die ersten 300 ms nach dem Einschalten des Ausgangs getestet, und die Schwellwerte sind höher. Dadurch wird ein Lichtflackern bei Märklin-Loks vermieden."

... and do the upgrade.

"The settings should have been adjustable from their original configuration without need for a firmware upgrade."

I'm talking apples and you're talking oranges. Firmware has absolutely nothing to do with settings. Your settings will be preserved, as they are before the firmware upgrade.

While you're at it, you may notice all ESU's decoders have new firmware versiosn, which are worthwhile checking.