Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gchang817  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2007 02:19:18(UTC)
gchang817

I was given this set as a gift from my uncle in the Netherlands when i was just a wee lad as a Christmas present. I never really set it up and used it. Found it in my basement in storage a couple months ago. Does anyone know when it was made? How much the set might be worth to the right buyer?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2007 02:35:30(UTC)
H0

Expect 30 thru 50 Euro per loco, 10 thru 20 Euro per car (maybe more if you have the original packaging).
If you want to sell on ebay you should find out the Märklin (and/or Koll) reference numbers of the items.

The streamlined steamer looks pretty old - could be worth more than the others.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2007 02:45:47(UTC)
Webmaster

The streamlined SK800 is always a desirable piece, in another pic you also have the tender for it...

I'd say the estimate given is a bit on the low side, since there are a few quite old wagons too...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 26 December 2007 02:58:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Welcome to the forum. It's a bit hard to get a handle on what condition these item are in as you seem to have take the pictures with an orange filter on your camera, which tends to make it hard to see the detail.

I would guess that most of the coaches would be around $30 - $40 US, the Rheingold perhaps a bit more. Most of the locos maybe around $80 - $100 US. The freight cars around $20 - $30 US.

This of course is dependant on condition, the blue E10 looks a bit scuffed. The SK800 is worth more possibly. Krokhunter (a forum member) should be able to give you an idea on this one.

The transformers are worth around $20 - $30 US.

The drawings are probably worth nothing.

P.S. It would be good if you could put your country of origin in your profile. Cheers.
Offline shaygetz  
#5 Posted : 26 December 2007 05:45:34(UTC)
shaygetz

I don't know about the other equipment, but I do know that SK800 has got a heart or two here just a pitter pattering.biggrin
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

---A.W. Tozer

Webpage... www.freewebs.com/shaygetz
Blog... http://misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com/
Offline foumaro  
#6 Posted : 26 December 2007 06:21:34(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
You have a second chance to involved to a great hobby.Do not sell
them.It is so simple.biggrin
Offline gchang817  
#7 Posted : 26 December 2007 09:52:58(UTC)
gchang817

Thank you all for the input... I have enough hobbies as it is. Where would be the best place to sell these items? I am trying to get rid of a lot of items in my home as i need the space and i found these items stored in a large wooden box.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 26 December 2007 11:03:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Ebay is probably the best place to sell these items.
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 26 December 2007 11:27:45(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum, gchang817.

You can sell it on ebay (about 3-5% fees) or 'Buy and Seller' topic free of charge.
https://www.marklin-user...um3/default.asp?CAT_ID=5

The steam loco should be correct tender, Please click the link to see pictures below.

http://www.bigio.net/Dam...800K.7/SK-800K.7_100.htm

http://www.bigio.net/Dam.../F-800.2/F-800.2_100.htm
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline shaygetz  
#10 Posted : 26 December 2007 18:16:30(UTC)
shaygetz

Your best bet is Ebay, you will get the most for it as the bidders set the price. Set up a Pay-Pal account (yes, I know it causes ozone holes and snatches young children away in the night but I've had no problem with it) for a faster sale. Good descriptions and better pictures mean great final prices. If you go that route, feel free to contact me and I'll be more than happy to walk you through it.
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

---A.W. Tozer

Webpage... www.freewebs.com/shaygetz
Blog... http://misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com/
Offline Caplin  
#11 Posted : 27 December 2007 00:20:38(UTC)
Caplin

OK, you say that you have got hobbies enough now, but reading your first entry I just could not believe that you got this huge present and never cared about it. Honestly your uncle must have been somewhat disappointed in you. Wish he had been my uncle. wink

Anyway I hope that you get what you want from selling it.

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline Roman  
#12 Posted : 27 December 2007 02:42:08(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Hello gchang 817,
You didn't state that these were Marklin items but obviously all are not. Pics 3,5,10,11,13,18,19,21,23,27,30,32,and 33 show a lot of items I haven't seen before despite the relex couplings. Are they Electrotren, Liliput, or other makes? That would help as well in determining the prices. Marklin items typically sell for a higher premium than the other makes but not always true of course depending on rarity and condition. If it were possible to at least list your items by make instead of making the mistake some folks make in listing their HO items as "Marklin" when they are not will save some grief in non sales, unintended seller's deception, and just not targeting the right bidders. You have some nice items in need of a little TLC to be right.
Offline gchang817  
#13 Posted : 27 December 2007 03:36:41(UTC)
gchang817

Well i figured they were all Marklin because of the few items that had the marking but i i guess i assumed wrong.... making an a-s-s of myself. I honestly do not know anything about there trains and was hoping this community may help. I think it best that i find a local dealer that may point me in the right direction.
Offline Roman  
#14 Posted : 27 December 2007 04:03:12(UTC)
Roman

United States   
It takes a bit of research to find out what everything is worth unfortunately. A dealer selling in Marklin may not necessarily be able to help you any more than the generic replies so far if he only sells new items. It really takes a little time on your part to see first what you actually have on hand and then what it's worth in the condition offered. Most of the items should have a manufacture's name under the frame. Since you probably don't have the boxes(I assume), you can search Ebay for say, Marklin gondola or diesel locomotive, Liliput blue passenger car or just Liliput passenger in current auctions or completed auctions. I'm only being basic here in case you aren't familiar already. You might just find the exact item number and what that car in it's condition lists or sells for. Many Marklin items actually have quite a few variations over the many years of manufacture and that matters a lot to folks like me who collect just for the differences. You could always cast caution to the wind and list your items such as Marklin streamlined locomotive. You might do well having the market determine value. Just be sure of the category to get the best exposure. A dealer will certainly want to give you pennies on the dollar and then do this very thing himself. If you lived near me I'd post it all for you. It's seems difficult at times when you seek help and get little in return but there are just so many variables to consider.