Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#1 Posted : 25 October 2007 18:10:50(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
My subscription of this magazine worked very well the first 3 issues, but after not receiving any more for the last few months I started wondering. Now I discovered that the entire company went out of business and the subscribers won't get any more copies...

It still exists as an online-magazine, but it doesn't have the same feeling to read online...

Now I want to find a replacement:
1. A magazine for european model railroaders who prefere 3-rail.
2. A neutral magazine that presents even non-Märklin items.
3. Preferrably in english...

Suggestions?
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline rschaffr  
#2 Posted : 25 October 2007 18:17:00(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
I miss the magazine also. It was one of the best presentations of any MRR magazine I have seen. I also would be interested in a replacement.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline stephenbb  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2007 18:59:29(UTC)
stephenbb

It was a great magazine. I think it would have had a broader market if it had been in english as well as german.
I hope someone comes up with a new train magazine. Continential Modeler is good but doesn't cover enough of the German market.
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline Troy Yang  
#4 Posted : 26 October 2007 00:21:31(UTC)
Troy Yang

United States   
They should have accepted foreign subscription on their website. That would have expanded their revenue and market - may be to point of remaining solvent.
Marklin HO - all eras and everything.
Offline ola.w  
#5 Posted : 26 October 2007 22:16:44(UTC)
ola.w

I think they were to generous in their subscription offers, as a resident of sweden I got a subscripion for the same price as the german residents. And they were generous with their gifts to the subscribers.

I will sure miss it.
Märklin | HO | K Track | Digital | III+IV
Offline jonquinn  
#6 Posted : 27 October 2007 05:49:30(UTC)
jonquinn

I think the electronic format is nice - no waiting for long mailings. But it would be great if someone would take more effort to expand on the pretty measly offering they are doing on-line right now - only a few articles. why not pay for pdf or some other format downloads, or even cd-roms priveledges.
1-2-3 dreileiter pretty much met all your requirements I thought form the few issues I got before it went out of business. I did ask to get some back issues to make up for the subscription time I should have received, but no response to my e-mail. seems like a common complaint for german rr magazines and model manufacturers.
I see no reason why it couldn't be some sort of collaborative worldwide effort, just like this website. on-line would be easier to run through translation programs and at least gain some readability for non-german readers. production costs ought to be less too - no worries about printing on expensive glossy paper.