Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Macfire  
#251 Posted : 07 September 2008 12:11:10(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by intruder
<br />Old chewing gum on the buffers will surely help.

So supa-glue was not a good idea then???
biggrin

Signed
1 of the crazies Cool
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Macfire
Offline intruder  
#252 Posted : 07 September 2008 23:59:05(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Thanks, Søren!

I'm very glad that nobody calls us serious old goats.
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by intruder
Offline nevw  
#253 Posted : 08 September 2008 07:16:26(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />Thanks, Søren!

I'm very glad that nobody calls us serious old goats.

Geting Close Soren, getting Close. biggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrin
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline nevw  
#254 Posted : 08 September 2008 11:18:46(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Macfire
<br />
Quote:
<br />Old chewing gum on the buffers will surely help.

So supa-glue was not a good idea then???
biggrin

Signed
1 of the crazies Cool

Super GLue is only used for when you want a permanently connected Consist.
All other times use spit balls or well chewed Wrigglys Spearmint

biggrinbiggrin[}:)]wink[^][^]
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline David Dewar  
#255 Posted : 08 September 2008 13:38:52(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Double sided sticky tape. Specialy coloured black now available from the Cave Company. All cheques payable to Flash Dave.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline tekin65  
#256 Posted : 08 September 2008 15:01:22(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />Double sided sticky tape.

Pff [xx(] ! Wear out quickly. Try velcro - better.

Now improved to stick more cars together: VELCROCOUPLER*.

For patent inqueries on "Velcrocoupler" pls. state colour. Patents available from Honest C & Co.

Cem.

PS. your faithful hand uncouplers will not work with Velcrocoupler.
3 rail: C-track with CS2 2 rail: Trix C-track with Trix MS - K.Bay., DRG, DR, DB, SBB, TCDD

Now all eras but no ICE

My loco inventory for the interested
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tekin65
Offline David Dewar  
#257 Posted : 08 September 2008 16:23:14(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Please note only the Cave Company can supply you with both an official hand uncoupler and the special black tape (guaranteed to stick)
Deal only with the orignal firm that has being going now for years.

Our products never wear out.
For a short period only all buying the new tape will receive completely free a pack of moon dust and a trial tube of the new H ointment (courtesy of Nev our OZ director)

Flash MD The Cave Company
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline tekin65  
#258 Posted : 08 September 2008 17:57:37(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Dear Sir Flash,

Ours was only an honest offer of cooperation to get a fair share from the market you've been dominating for so long.

I'm deeply saddened that Cave Comp. is now sailing new and unknown waters like supplying double-sided black tapes that would redeem hand uncouplers useless for many faithfull users.

While I wish you and all at Cave Comp. best of luck, I hereby announce that Honest C & Co. will be using their own Velcrocoupler patent for production.

"Go Velcrocoupler - fast & reliable, and you will never need uncouplers anymore!"

Product details and availability will be announced at a later date.

Regards,

Cem - CEO Honest C & Co.
3 rail: C-track with CS2 2 rail: Trix C-track with Trix MS - K.Bay., DRG, DR, DB, SBB, TCDD

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline David Dewar  
#259 Posted : 08 September 2008 19:40:33(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
CEO Honest C & Co

Dear Cem. We have been advised by Velcro that their name has been patented and therefore can not be used. Velcro have been in touch with our legal department in Australia where our man with the pink pinny has advised that we are not invloved and their legal dept will be taking the matter up with the Honest Co. direct.

Since offering our moon dust and special ointment we have been flooded with orders and many of our customers have ordered in bulk for use with their loco collection.

The Cave Company has agents now in all parts but we note we have nothing in Turkey. Should you wish your firm to be part of the group please let us know as we must avoid the Per Trading Company from starting again with their fake items (made of wood... yuk)
By joining with us we may be able to agree terms with Velcro (our man in Ireland is fantastic at that ... something to do with an offer they cant refuse .. and sleeping with the fishes etc.)

Yours as ever

Sir Flash The Cave Company
Offline tekin65  
#260 Posted : 08 September 2008 21:05:24(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Very Dear Sir Flash,

We believe your offer will prove to be the start of a mutually benefiting cooperation.

Please be adviced that Honest C & Co. operates mainly from far-off sites where no legal matter really does matter; so consider Velcro business done! Smile

As per our cooperation in hand uncoupler business in Turkey; we would be more than happy to set up the operations for "The Cave & Honest C East of EU-West of Middle East Co.".

We already have contacted TCDD and secured an order - I believe you'll be able to deliver full size (1/1) hand uncouplers, if not we can handle that too under your license.

Sincerely Yours,

Cem, CEO Honest C & Co., WP TC&HC EoE-WoME Co.

PS. Regarding Per Trading Co.; our contacts in Nordic are ready to place a fake order.

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline Webmaster  
#261 Posted : 08 September 2008 22:12:51(UTC)
Webmaster

Please note, the original marklin-users.net uncoupler, due to excellent design, can also be used to uncouple the new Velcro couplers.

Just light one end with a match or cigarette lighter, and hold it under the coupler as you would normally also do - but don't lift it as with normal couplers.

I believe the Flash Dave Co is the official distributor of the accessories needed to customize the original marklin-users.net uncoupler for this type of application.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline tekin65  
#262 Posted : 08 September 2008 22:23:24(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Webmaster
<br />Please note, the original marklin-users.net uncoupler, due to excellent design, can also be used to uncouple the new Velcro couplers.

Just light one end with a match or cigarette lighter, and hold it under the coupler as you would normally also do - but don't lift it as with normal couplers.

Sir,

Please note that Honest C & Co. are very strict and sensitive about public health and safety; thus we require all user manuals that would address Velcrocoupler bear "please use heat-proof gloves and work in well ventilated areas for such use of xxx product with Velcrocoupler" remark.

Sincerely yours,

Cem, CEO Honest C & Co.

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline tekin65  
#263 Posted : 08 September 2008 22:27:41(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
hitting the shelves very soon:

disposable Velcrocoupler for single use - burns easily with flaming marklin-users.net hand uncouplers*

*please use heat-proof gloves and work in well ventilated areas for such use of the original marklin-users.net hand uncouplers with Velcrocoupler

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline David Dewar  
#264 Posted : 08 September 2008 22:53:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
CEO Honest C & Co

Dear Cem. We at the cave are indeed honoured that you wish to join with us and it is to our mutual benefit that we can distribute each others products. Our 1/1 uncouplers are on their way complete with a hand for demonstration purposes.
We have advertised the velcrocoupler in our areas and placed an order with your sales dept.
We were a bit concerened with the title of your firm having the word 'Honest' but as legal matters are not of a concren where you are selling then all should be well .

We look forward to a profitable future.

The Cave Company. Sir Flash Dave Nev with Pinny and legal dept, John Black USA sales and development of Monument Valley, Lord and Lady Macca ..somewhat busy at present!!! Svein our wire expert.. of certain colours and of course our man in Ireland ..the enforcer .
Offline tekin65  
#265 Posted : 08 September 2008 23:32:07(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Dear Sir Flash,

This is wonderful news. We'll forward the total, once we receive the uncouplers and the HAND, in waterproof casks to The Cave.

Since our company have been named by our grand grand parents and operating since under the same name, a change thereof might raise suspicion in the market which of course we should avoid at all costs. However after delivery of the goods and receipt of the funds from TCDD, we might consider to make a slight adjustment.

Let me take this opportunity to wish our new venture all the luck and many many barrels of single malt fire-water for all of us.

Sincerely Yours,

Cem, still CEO Honest C & Co.

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline Webmaster  
#266 Posted : 08 September 2008 23:53:13(UTC)
Webmaster

Single malt firewater can also be used, although not recommended at all - and a due warning is issued, to speed up the Velcro uncoupling with the official marklin-users.net uncoupler by soaking the uncoupler or Velcro coupler in it.

Always rigorously follow the safety instructions from manufacturers claiming to be marklin-users.net hand uncoupler compatible.

The recommended use of the single malt is however always to pour it into the owner of the hand doing the uncoupling, even if it may cause some precision issues. Due warning issued also here...

The marklin-users.net uncoupler was originally designed for Märklin brand couplers only, but due to excellent engineering it can be used as a useful tool also in other uncoupling situations.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline David Dewar  
#267 Posted : 09 September 2008 01:22:20(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Indeed Juhan anything that needs uncoupling then we are the people.

With Honest C & Co and The Cave Company now selling each others goods I expect that an offer for a certain model rail firm could be made in due course.

Meanwhile single malts are available at the cave (barrels have been despatched to Turkey, OZ,NZ,Norway,USA and Ireland) all are welome to celebrate this great occasion. We were going to make the announcement on 23rd September but understand that the CS2 will be available on that day from 595 euros and we do not wish to upstage them.

Sir Flash
Offline nevw  
#268 Posted : 09 September 2008 02:42:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Just a Second.
Are the new Sticky stuff (Double sided or 2 piece) Couplers/Uncouplers suitable for Left and Right Hand Operation,
Suitable for analog, digital and MFX equipped Items.

and (Shudder shudder) is it suitable for (more Shudders) 2 Rail operation??
Just a question from the Pink Legal department.

Baron N (Bin promoted)

biggrinbiggrin

PS:
Welcome to the Cave Cem

PPS: We need pictures for the TV advertising Program to be beamed from hte Cave TV Studios and also in the M Insider MAg, but only if they pay us enough
Offline nevw  
#269 Posted : 09 September 2008 06:25:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tekin65
<br />
Quote:
<br />Please note, the original marklin-users.net uncoupler, due to excellent design, can also be used to uncouple the new Velcro couplers.

Sir,

Please note that Honest C & Co. are very strict and sensitive about public health and safety; thus we require all user manuals that would address Velcrocoupler bear "please use heat-proof gloves and work in well ventilated areas for such use of xxx product with Velcrocoupler" remark.

Sincerely yours,

Cem, CEO Honest C & Co.

Head Laywer,
Suem, DUnem and Dudem,

I have been perusing the above documents as to the implications of the Cave Company's legal liabilities per se on the lighted uncouplers.
We could not give a toss as to the OCC. Health and safety implications as long as you print the warning in [size=1]the fine print.

The insurance Council has heard of this new innovation and has issued a scale of penalities if any insurance claims are made re damaged rolling stock. This will take the form of a Claim excess.

On the other hand the Model train industry have offered a very attractive commission scale on the sale of replacement rolling stock due to damage caused by the new type of uncoupler device for double sided couplers and (Whisper on) Velcro couplers. (Whisper off).

The commissions earned will enable the Cave Company to pay a very attractive dividend in the coming years, Less our very substantial fee of course.

I must order a new Roller and a Lot of M and H rolling stock before there is a severe shortage.

Head <s>Shark</s> oops Lawyer (in the pink Pinny)
Offline tekin65  
#270 Posted : 09 September 2008 12:02:31(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
<br />Are the new Sticky stuff (Double sided or 2 piece) Couplers/Uncouplers suitable for Left and Right Hand Operation,
Suitable for analog, digital and MFX equipped Items.

and (Shudder shudder) is it suitable for (more Shudders) 2 Rail operation??

PPS: We need pictures for the TV advertising Program to be beamed from hte Cave TV Studios and also in the M Insider MAg, but only if they pay us enough

Dear Baron Nev of Oz,

It has been brought to my attention that you have some questions about our -now improved- Velcrocoupler. I hereby would be honoured to address all your concerns.

1) We do not deal with inferior products such as double-sided tapes. Our research division, subatomic particle dept. have now strong proof (details available on request) that double-sided tapes are not suitable for coupling of railway cars.

2) Our right hand Velcrocoupler is also suitable for left hand operation given that it is turned around 180 dergrees.

3) Velcrocouplers are tested with all sorts of mrr operating systems and perform flawlessly with all. Digital and MFX use of Velcrocouplers require "Honest C & Co. encoder device" available from Honest C & Co. and their partners worldwide.

4) We advice, and encourage, use of Velcrocoupler in 2 rail systems where realism is at utmost importance. Velcrocouplers look just like real couplers without the operational complexities of them - please note that term "real coupler" addresses real mrr couplers.

5) Our media division, moving picture dept. already contacted actor, director, producer, janitor, bestman, bestwoman, 10-man-camera-crew-in-one Mel Gibson for a TV commercial. We expect the film to be ready as soon as Mr. Gibson comes back from Mezopotamia where he is shooting his last feature, Noah and The Big Flood, in original language.

And finally thank you for your warm welcome, Honest C & Co. always values it's international counterparts and partners.

Yours Truly,

Cem, CEO Honest C & Co. now a part of The Cave syndicate worldwide

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline nevw  
#271 Posted : 09 September 2008 13:44:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Dear Cem,
CEO
Honest C & Co. now a part of The Cave syndicate worldwide
thanks for your reply and re-assurances of the suitability of your product.

We look forward to receiving 10,000 free samples so that we may test the product and also do a Market sales accepability of the product. Naturally you will receive a small commission on any articles sold.

I have passed on you correspondence to our legal team Dunem, Sueem and Dudem.

Baron Nev of OZ and NZ.

(Just received a letter of baronhood from the Nice PM of NZ).
Dont know if I will accept it though as I would have to live in NZ for 10 hours each year.

NN
Offline David Dewar  
#272 Posted : 09 September 2008 14:01:38(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Honest C & Co

Dear Cem. I note our legal dept ..Baron Nev of the pink pinny has been in touch and that all is well.

Both the sticky tape and Velcro products are now selling very well .. in fact most customers are buying both at the same time. The Baron Nev has of course to make sure that all the products are suitable for the market and this has been confirmed by somebody ... who we are not sure but it is of no matter.

Should by chance any warranty claims arise from the velcro product please advise you customers to take the part to our repair centre in the peat bog south of Glen Doom. Must be delivered by hand and a replacement will be available in 6 months time ... to be collected. Our service in this respect matches that of the model rail firms.

As Baron Nev of the pink pinny says a dividend to all our partners should be payable next year and meanwhile enjoy the barrel of single malt.

As ever

Sir Flash
Offline tekin65  
#273 Posted : 09 September 2008 14:06:39(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
<br />We look forward to receiving 10,000 free samples

Dear Baron & Baron,

Our production division, small orders dept. have worked really hard to convince our factory in China to produce in such small quantity but they have managed to secure a run for the batch.

I reckon you will receive the products soon enough. We hope to hear the good news about the market performance our Velcrocoupler on your side of the world.

In the meantime, congratulations on your new title, I believe you can manage a 10 hour flight over NZ each year. Or maybe we can offer you 10 flights of 1 hour each over NZ with our corporate jet.

Best Regards,

Cem, CEO Honest C & Co.

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#274 Posted : 09 September 2008 14:22:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Macfire
<br />
Quote:

Site promotion is always ok! biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

In fact Mr Brandt is a very knowledgeable and great guy, in particular regarding German train operations, and was one of the posters at the old MML you always read with the outmost interest and joy when he eg explained what a D-zug was like and such in detail...

I suppose the NZ gentleman could have been Mr Greg Procter, maybe?

These are both great guys even if they are not active here...

Yes, that's him Juhan.
I had to feel for him, one leg and a flight of steel steps to climb, but he made it like a trooper.

Martin gave us a fantastic lecture / Power Point Presentation on Modular railways in the Stuttgart area.

It was a great night tho.
Always pays to rub shoulders with the 'enemy' [^]

I suspect that these gentlemen may have also been at the MMRC as well (www.mmrc.org.nz), not that I actually made it to the clubrooms that night!! [:I][:I]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline intruder  
#275 Posted : 09 September 2008 21:45:47(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Maybe a magnet is a good idea?

UserPostedImage

Photo stolen from http://static.flickr.com...228682480_4cd773f4d9.jpg
grumpy old sod
Offline Webmaster  
#276 Posted : 09 September 2008 22:10:03(UTC)
Webmaster

Please note, this topic is about hand uncouplers and their application.

New exotic coupler concepts must be seen in the light of hand uncoupler compatibility, since uncoupling will be necessary sooner or later regardless of the coupler concept...
Offline tekin65  
#277 Posted : 09 September 2008 22:56:36(UTC)
tekin65

Turkey   
Hi,

Although Juhan's warning still applies ... good one Svein! biggrin

My application of magnets (not as coupler) will follow shortly Smile

Cem.

Now all eras but no ICE

Offline David Dewar  
#278 Posted : 09 September 2008 23:08:31(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Dear Webmaster. The Cave Company and our Associates always provide what the punters want and uncoupling is not a problem with sticky tape or the velcro model. All you have to do is read the instructions which come with these items .. basically they just say pull.
We thank you however for your concern and trust you will be placing an order in due course.

Yours

Sir Flash The Cave Company
Offline Webmaster  
#279 Posted : 09 September 2008 23:27:42(UTC)
Webmaster

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br /> All you have to do is read the instructions which come with these items .. basically they just say pull.

Which concerns me a little - I certainly hope that the offical marklin-users.net hand uncoupler is documented as a necessary tool for uncoupling in the instructions, even for these newer type of couplings.

Even if it not really used for some of the "pull" coupler variants, it must be mentioned as an indispensable tool for uncoupling, also in the instructions of these couplers.
Offline Pianne  
#280 Posted : 10 September 2008 00:29:39(UTC)
Pianne

Quote:
<br />Maybe a magnet is a good idea?

Yes, but how are we to secure the magnets to our locos? Velcro maybe?
Kind regards,
Pieter-Jan
Bruges, Belgium.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Pianne
Offline intruder  
#281 Posted : 10 September 2008 00:34:29(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Perfect, Pieter-Jan!
grumpy old sod
Offline intruder  
#282 Posted : 10 September 2008 00:41:37(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
What is this?

UserPostedImage
grumpy old sod
Offline Macfire  
#283 Posted : 10 September 2008 01:15:49(UTC)
Macfire

Quote:
<br />What is this?

UserPostedImage

Buggared if I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is it confused

Lord Macca
Offline David Dewar  
#284 Posted : 10 September 2008 01:18:38(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Svein No idea what that is but I expect it is not important.

Juhan . With all our products we enclose the full documentation for the official uncoupler and advise our customers to use it at all times. For some reason they also appear to like all the other products which of course keeps the firm and associates supplied with the essentials of life : Whisky, beer, Pies and Marklin models.

Flash Dave

Offline Macfire  
#285 Posted : 10 September 2008 01:38:59(UTC)
Macfire

Bloody Hell Guys:

Come back to the site after three days and start reading the topic.
Urgent messages sent to Lord & Lady Macca's R&D Department for:

Preparation Cem
Preparation Flash
Preparation Webby
Preparation Pink Pinny
AND Then
Preparation Svein!

Know I know the Lord & Lady have been rather busy of late but I didn't expect to come back to see Scotland invading Turkey.

Flash - don't do it. We (mainly ANZACS as the Poms were having tea) tried it in '15 and got our asses whipped!

BUT

Having re-read the posts I'm pleased to see that we are all a big happy family again after just a small misunderstanding.
R&D Department has been stood down....

BTW:
Nev - For your knighthood I'm afrad that you misread Auntie Helen.
It wasn't a knighthood she was referring to your Barren Head [:X]

Oh and I note that Velcro (Right or Left) will NOT work with DCC [:p]
Lord Macca
Offline intruder  
#286 Posted : 10 September 2008 01:40:04(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Pies?

What about kilts and bagpipes?
grumpy old sod
Offline nevw  
#287 Posted : 10 September 2008 02:24:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />What is this?

UserPostedImage

That I believe is a spare bit of Junk plastic off a Parts tree that Marklin occasionally put into Starter Set Boxes. I have never seen one myself. I use the Official Users-net model.