Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 21 April 2007 07:05:06(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hello,
Has anyone else had problems running this loco on R1 curves, and on some of the small points sets.
This one definitely does not like it. I use MS 60652
Symptoms:
1. The MS goes into shut-down mode (flickering) then after about 20 seconds, Stop.
On R2 curves it works perfectly, but then I have a rule to run the pick-up slide leading, as it often does not work the other way.
I have checked the slide- it does not appear to touch the return rail anywhere.
2. I guess there is a break or corruption in the digital signal. But it only happens on R1 or the points.
3. Sometimes the lights refuse to turn on using the MS. Other times they work fine.
4. I have used the locomotive with other engines on the layout, and with no other engines. It makes no difference.
5. I purchased the loco new in November 2005.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline jeehring  
#2 Posted : 21 April 2007 12:33:25(UTC)
jeehring

May be also a problem of electric connections INSIDE the lock .
I already had similar symptoms with a AE 6/6 on R1,R2,R3 curves but not on other radius...
The position of the bogie was making troubles with electrical wiring....( I don't remember which one exactly...)
Offline 2ndChancer  
#3 Posted : 21 April 2007 14:41:11(UTC)
2ndChancer

The chassic and boggies of the V200 is widely used in M loks. It should be a mature product, I think it's the position of the pickup shoe that cause the problem. I have the same type (37xxx) running on R=360mm K's perfectly.
Yet some of the steamers like BR41 cannot negotiate with R1 in K tracks and also curved turnouts. The lok manual usually will mention that restriction.

I can try to run it on C-R1s over the weekend and see what happen

Eric

Offline kimballthurlow  
#4 Posted : 22 April 2007 01:19:19(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Thankyou Jeehring and 2ndChancer.
I am away for 2 weeks, so when I get back I will investigate INSIDE the loco, and the wiring and connection to the bogies.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Macfire  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2007 18:19:14(UTC)
Macfire

Eric, you quoted: "Yet some of the steamers like BR41 cannot negotiate with R1 in K tracks and also curved turnouts. The lok manual usually will mention that restriction."

I currently have two BR41's. A Delta from the 29815 Starter Set and a 3082 upgraded to digital with a V3.5.
I have not had a problem with either of these in my R1 K Track or my curved C Track turnouts.
Or is this problem restricted to the 37921?
Lord Macca
New Zealand branch of Clan Donald.
Offline pa-pauls  
#6 Posted : 23 April 2007 18:58:09(UTC)
pa-pauls

Hi,

I have the model 37921 with no problem in R 1 curve's or turnouts.
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3