Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ranjit  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2003 03:23:41(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All,

I am a Kibri and Vollmer kit building man. I have some kits in which some parts are missing and/or broken due to handling and age. Do any of you know if Vollmer or Kibri have spare parts for their kits and if they would be available to modellers/endusers.

best regards,
RanjitSmile
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline KLB  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2003 07:20:53(UTC)
KLB

Hi Ranjit,all,
If you read the 'fine print' in the instructions,both Vollmer and Kibri(also Faller/Pola for that matter) will send you any missing part,free of charge.First,make a copy of the instructions.Next on the originals,circle the part(s) missing and send them to Kibri/Vollmer.In about 2 weeks you'll have the parts in your hands.biggrin
Kevin!

Moderator,Märklin Bar&Grill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarklinBandG/
Offline Thanos  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2003 09:16:07(UTC)
Thanos

Hi Kevin, all:

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:In about 2 weeks you'll have the parts in your hands.

Have you tried this? I mean has anybody sent a letter to Faller or whichever supplier and got a response with the pieces requested?
Thanos

Offline Charlie  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2003 14:20:21(UTC)
Charlie

Hi Thanos,

I did it once, about 10 years ago, with a big Faller kit (Bahnhoff Bonn). Several complete racks where missing out of the box. I do not remeber if it was a factory sealed box or not, but I did receive all parts, free of charge.

Charlie
Offline Webmaster  
#5 Posted : 30 June 2003 14:34:28(UTC)
Webmaster

I have got requested missing parts for free from Heljan, even loco spare parts...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Ranjit  
#6 Posted : 30 June 2003 19:27:29(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All,

If I do not have the instructions, how do I describe the part and from where can I get the part numbers to infor the kit manufacturers.
Also, do these compnaies ship to international locations (for instance, the USA in my case)? Please let me know.

best regards,
Ranjit
Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline perz  
#7 Posted : 01 July 2003 02:42:29(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
I have used this service twice. In both cases because one piece has been defect at delivery. One was a Faller piece, I don't remember the other part. They will ship world wide as I understand it. However, it is intended as a warranty service and I don't know if they accept to ship you parts to old models that you don't have the instructions for free of charge.
Offline Fisch  
#8 Posted : 06 July 2003 19:22:03(UTC)
Fisch

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Thanos
<br />Hi Kevin, all:

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:In about 2 weeks you'll have the parts in your hands.

Have you tried this? I mean has anybody sent a letter to Faller or whichever supplier and got a response with the pieces requested?

I am living in Japan and I had twice such or similar problem with Faller. Once it was a missing part and once my daugter built the Kit in the wrong way (Tower with clocks on two side[xx(][xx(]) but sides were wrong. Therefore I modified the Tower and now it has four clocks on each side. Faller sent those parts even to Japan !!!!Smile
Very good service, within 5 days ! Unbelieveable !biggrin
Cheers

Me