Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MarklinFan  
#1 Posted : 15 October 2006 21:34:58(UTC)
MarklinFan

We have an 8 foot by 8 foot train table and would like to build a layout using our Marklin 3630 O Gauge Track.

We have 4 right hand and 2 left hand electric switches and sufficient full, half, and one-fourth straight and curved track to build a great layout.

It would be possible to just start covering the table with track and trying many combinations, but would like to do some intelligent planning first.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; especially if someone has already got such a layout or a layout guide. Do any member have experience with a layout computer program that will accommodate Marklin O Gauge?

Also, we are having a problem with the metric to English conversions and don't really know all the Marklin specifications. I believe the 3630 diameter of a circle is 180 cm., but is that from center rail to center rail?

Our initial plans are for an outer loop with a switch on opposite sides leading to a pair of switches on an inner loop. From the inner loop, we would like to use the remaining switches to build a yard. We would really value your ideas and suggestions?

Thanks.
Offline nevw  
#2 Posted : 16 October 2006 01:17:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by MarklinFan
<br />
It would be possible to just start covering the table with track and trying many combinations, but would like to do some intelligent planning first.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; especially if someone has already got such a layout or a layout guide. Do any member have experience with a layout computer program that will accommodate Marklin O Gauge?

Also, we are having a problem with the metric to English conversions and don't really know all the Marklin specifications. I believe the 3630 diameter of a circle is 180 cm., but is that from center rail to center rail?

Our initial plans are for an outer loop with a switch on opposite sides leading to a pair of switches on an inner loop. From the inner loop, we would like to use the remaining switches to build a yard. We would really value your ideas and suggestions?

Thanks.

I did something similar,
Just laid track on the table until I got it all sorted out. Then I prepared the table and laid track and wired the Switches etc.

Marklin Radius is centre to centre.
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around