Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Eddie7979  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2024 04:59:52(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Hi everyone,

Some time ago I bought some SBB coaches and a diner from LS Models. At the time, I struggled to find any information from the manufacturer, lucky for me there are plenty of nice people on this forum who shared their knowledge with me.

All the coaches came DC wheels, the supplier was able to get me some replacement AC wheels for free. For the items that did not come with AC wheels, I bought near equivalents from other manufacturers.

The measurement for the AC wheels that came with LS47371, LS47372 & LS47373 - these wheels are 10.5mm x 24.75mm.

The panorama coaches, LS47390 & LS47391, the same wheels as above. I ended up fitting these with the Märklin E700150 and the results are good.

Lastly, I also have the LS47266 SBB dîner - I fitted the ESU 41200 wheel set. This was the closest wheels I could find to what was fitted.

I still need to do a scan of the manual that came with the product, I will upload it here to share with everyone hopefully this week.

Hope this information if useful.
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eddie7979
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 26 May 2024 21:45:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 47266 was available in two versions, in DC and in AC with slider already fitted. You should be able to find the corresponding AC wheels at Eyro.ch. I don't know if a slider can be retrofitted on the DC version of this coach.
As far as wheelsets for the 47371-47373, I am sure that Christian Eymann also has the appropriate ones available.

There was not much of an instruction manual, more of a single sheet with a little information.

As far as the coaches, the WR EWI in Buffet Suisse/Calanda variant could be used with 47350, 47352 and a few of the original livery EC coaches, it was no longer in service post-2009 when the new black and white livery went into use.
You could also look at the Bpm (1979). I think Eyro has the orange (C1) and green models available. There are also still some RIC coaches in the EWIV livery from LSM in shops (47214/47231). There are also the Eurofima A9 coaches (4730X) that would fit. Roco had EWIV and EWII and Piko had EWI that would also fit the time frame for your coach.

https://sguggiari.ch/collezione/cache/4777.jpg

Regards

Mike C
Offline Eddie7979  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2024 01:11:22(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The 47266 was available in two versions, in DC and in AC with slider already fitted. You should be able to find the corresponding AC wheels at Eyro.ch. I don't know if a slider can be retrofitted on the DC version of this coach.
As far as wheelsets for the 47371-47373, I am sure that Christian Eymann also has the appropriate ones available.

There was not much of an instruction manual, more of a single sheet with a little information.

As far as the coaches, the WR EWI in Buffet Suisse/Calanda variant could be used with 47350, 47352 and a few of the original livery EC coaches, it was no longer in service post-2009 when the new black and white livery went into use.
You could also look at the Bpm (1979). I think Eyro has the orange (C1) and green models available. There are also still some RIC coaches in the EWIV livery from LSM in shops (47214/47231). There are also the Eurofima A9 coaches (4730X) that would fit. Roco had EWIV and EWII and Piko had EWI that would also fit the time frame for your coach.

https://sguggiari.ch/collezione/cache/4777.jpg

Regards

Mike C

Hi Mike,

Thank for the additional I formation. I heard some people had issues with the AC version of the LSM model, especially over 3 way turnout. I decided to have the version without and then feed the power through the EW coaches from Piko.

Also, I was unsure how easy it was to find replacement sliders from LSM. I find that getting any kind of customer service from LSM difficult.

About retrofitting the slider, I was told by the supplier that this was not possible. They enquired with LSM on my behalf.
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2024 18:56:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Eddie7979 Go to Quoted Post

Hi Mike,

Thank for the additional I formation. I heard some people had issues with the AC version of the LSM model, especially over 3 way turnout. I decided to have the version without and then feed the power through the EW coaches from Piko.

Also, I was unsure how easy it was to find replacement sliders from LSM. I find that getting any kind of customer service from LSM difficult.

About retrofitting the slider, I was told by the supplier that this was not possible. They enquired with LSM on my behalf.

The slider used on the LSM and on many ACME (and other models) is the so-called "Flusterschleifer" which was designed (AFAIK) by the owner of the former "RailTop" company in Switzerland and is licensed to many companies for use. As Roco was the first to license it, it was referred to as the "Roco Flusterschleifer" It's design places increased downward pressure on the track which can in some circumstances cause lighter models to lift off the tracks. The solution often is to increase the weight of the model.

Regards

Mike C

Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 28 May 2024 10:54:11(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Not rocket science to provide a slider that works. There is no excuse for the LSM model which was to say the least poor and then fell off the coach.
Look at what you are paying for this type of model and stay with Marklin who not perfect can provide A slider which will work.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2024 05:32:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have had a Maerklin slider or two that were problematic to say the least. I have had Maerklin models where the wheels wouldn't stay in the bogies.
I remember Maerklin models that used to have issues with the slider rubbing on the axles all the time.
Every brand has better and worse models.

If that model did not work for you, you can go with the DC version and wire it via current conducting couplers or other solution or try to mount a different slider on the model.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 30 May 2024 04:03:05(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi. In highly detailed models sometimes fitting a slider under the boguie is just not possible without destroying it (of course they are expensive models)
It happens to me with the Nord Express of LS Models. Fitting a live coupler from the loco and CC couplers on the train was an easy and non destructive solution.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg