Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PL21  
#1 Posted : 02 May 2024 12:57:05(UTC)
PL21

Portugal   
I can see that this subject has been discussed over the years (resurrection of the 410 or 7186 turntables), but I do not see that anyone ever posted/scanned the actual instruction manual.

Does anyone have one to share, please?

Specifically, I can see from posted videos that a reversing "pulse" is somehow sent to the unit so that it will not automatically stop at the next "track." This is accomplished, manually, by pushing/shifting the little lever on the side of the turntable's motor/side of the little cabin. However, there must be a way to do this via a control(?) or button(?). I do have the actual/original two-button - directional buttons - controller, yet, I cannot see how this would function the same as pushing the lever on the side of the turntable motor!

Once again forgive me for bringing up this subject once again... would truly appreciate it if someone could assist and/or point me in the right direction.

Thank you all!

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2024 15:58:52(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
You may want to check this topic about the 7186 and its manual
https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...04-7186-Turntable-manual
The only difference with the 410 is the lighted cabin as long as the TT rotates
Here is mine in operation

There is not much to know about its connections when you have the small blue, two button controller
- 3 pins on the TT have to be connected to the 3 female plugs on the controller
- the 4th pin on the 410 is to connect to the O (Braown, while the side plug on the Blue controller is to be connected to the L (Yellow) of the transformer

Cheers
Jean
Offline Paul59  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2024 16:26:04(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Peter - the two buttons on the little blue box actually perform two functions.
They act as a rocker switch that sets the direction and also act as momentary switches to send a pulse to the solenoid that moves the little lever on the side of the cabin that you referred to.

So pressing a button sets the desired direction and also energises the solenoid which releases the catch and sets the turntable in motion. Once the turntable is moving the button can be released. When the bridge of the turntable arrives at the next track the lever drops into a slot which stops the bridge in the right place and turns off the motor.

Pressing the same button just as the bridge is about to stop will hold the solenoid in enabling the bridge to pass that track and continue to the next one. Timing is everything and with a bit of practice a short stab at the button will energise the solenoid just long enough to pass the track.

Obviously if you press the wrong button the turntable will change direction rather than continue past the track.
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
Offline PL21  
#4 Posted : 03 May 2024 08:59:46(UTC)
PL21

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Paul59 Go to Quoted Post
Peter - the two buttons on the little blue box actually perform two functions.
They act as a rocker switch that sets the direction and also act as momentary switches to send a pulse to the solenoid that moves the little lever on the side of the cabin that you referred to.

So pressing a button sets the desired direction and also energises the solenoid which releases the catch and sets the turntable in motion. Once the turntable is moving the button can be released. When the bridge of the turntable arrives at the next track the lever drops into a slot which stops the bridge in the right place and turns off the motor.

Pressing the same button just as the bridge is about to stop will hold the solenoid in enabling the bridge to pass that track and continue to the next one. Timing is everything and with a bit of practice a short stab at the button will energise the solenoid just long enough to pass the track.

Obviously if you press the wrong button the turntable will change direction rather than continue past the track.

Aga. I was obviously "overthinking" the entire process (I had put a 7072 switch to control the solenoid/release the catch in addition to the rocker switch as I couldn't see how it would send a pulse to the solenoid!)! Now it seems so obvious (thanks to both you and Jean for your explanations).

Thank you once again!

Peter
Offline Paul59  
#5 Posted : 03 May 2024 09:34:16(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
No problem Peter. That simple looking little box is more ingenious than it appears!
Enjoy your turntable - it is an excellent piece of equipment with great play value... and from what I read on here it is way higher quality than any of the more modern ones!
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!