Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2024 18:12:47(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Märklin Firiends, first of all I wish to you all an Happy Easter. I've a question about the Crocodile Replika 18045. I got it and the model is absolutely marvellous. Have anyone any idea, if Märklin will produce the replika of the old coaches suitable properly for such Loko as well?. Thanks in adavance for any help!
Best regards
Stefano Rocca
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2024 23:14:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dear Märklin Firiends, first of all I wish to you all an Happy Easter. I've a question about the Crocodile Replika 18045. I got it and the model is absolutely marvellous. Have anyone any idea, if Märklin will produce the replika of the old coaches suitable properly for such Loko as well?. Thanks in adavance for any help!
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

I have a suspicion that Marklin may make a version of this crocodile as the Toy Fair loco (in which case it will probably be black with red trim). If that happens they may make some wagons to go with it. However if that happens the wagons may also be black and red.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2024 23:49:01(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Stefano
My crystal ball is as good as yours so Märklin will produce anything that will sell BUT the 18045 is a prototype replica of a Swiss goods loco.
Around the time of that prototype there were UK and CIWL passenger cars mostly so little to replicate except maybe the UK versions of Pullman cars and LNER and LMS.
One possibility would be to produce replicas made for the UK market pre WW2.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Rocca  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2024 10:22:01(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Jean, thank for your suggestions. Sure, I do have some of such coaches in my old 3-rail 3600 layout, in which obviousli I can't run the 18045, because the 280 Super Trafo would burn the decoder.
You have here some pictures of the coaches. I do worship them20240104_143533.jpg20240104_143457.jpg

Best regards
Stefano

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stefano
My crystal ball is as good as yours so Märklin will produce anything that will sell BUT the 18045 is a prototype replica of a Swiss goods loco.
Around the time of that prototype there were UK and CIWL passenger cars mostly so little to replicate except maybe the UK versions of Pullman cars and LNER and LMS.
One possibility would be to produce replicas made for the UK market pre WW2.
Cheers
Jean

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline Bill L  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2024 01:41:08(UTC)
Bill L

United States   
Robert Frowenfeld indicates he may have a couple of more new crocodile 18045 for sale. Check him out.