Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2024 15:13:04(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Model Train Enthusiasts,
Soooo today I have a intriguing picture of famous CIWL Nord Express from Epoch II circa 1936… [ recently LS Models released superb set of this train hence my question]
IMG_4060.jpeg
As per caption above it states that Nord Express is being pulled by German Pacific Lokomotive BR01
But picture doesn’t show ( it doesn’t look like ) DRG BR01 for sure.
Any idea, clues what it is ? And finally What would be in your opinion good locomotive to pull such train in France / Germany/Poland ?

P.S.
In my humble opinion it’s ex Prussian P8 ( Passenger ) locomotive or early S10 but I need to hear your thoughts/ comments on this one.

Photo is genuine authentic from Karl Belingrod’s collection!
Waiting for comments…
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline bph  
#2 Posted : 21 March 2024 16:11:57(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Marklineisenbahn Go to Quoted Post
Hallo Model Train Enthusiasts,
Soooo today I have a intriguing picture of famous CIWL Nord Express from Epoch II circa 1936… [ recently LS Models released superb set of this train hence my question]
As per caption above it states that Nord Express is being pulled by German Pacific Lokomotive BR01
But picture doesn’t show ( it doesn’t look like ) DRG BR01 for sure.
Any idea, clues what it is ? And finally What would be in your opinion good locomotive to pull such train in France / Germany/Poland ?

P.S.
In my humble opinion it’s ex Prussian P8 ( Passenger ) locomotive or early S10 but I need to hear your thoughts/ comments on this one.

Photo is genuine authentic from Karl Belingrod’s collection!
Waiting for comments…
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn

hi
It's a br 17(1066?) acoring to this post: https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/posts/m656419-Marklin-New-Items-2023#post656419
(former S 10.1)

and Marklin has several models of models of the s10.0/17.0 eg 37197
more about the S 10:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_S_10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#3 Posted : 21 March 2024 17:12:28(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Thanks , I thought so , that locomotive in picture looks like BR17 [ S10.) not BR01 for sure.
In regards to Märklin S10 ( don’t know how is a newest version) but old KPEV S10 from Kaisers set was a Hog. I definitely prefer Fleischmann KPEV S10 instead..

IMG_4081.jpeg

Once you get rid off that nasty speaker in the cab it’s over all good running S10 which I can’t say about Märklin one.
Again thank you for taking time to reply and for confirmation of my suspicions.

Regards,
Marklineisenbahn

Edited by user 21 March 2024 23:03:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 21 March 2024 23:36:44(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi BPH,
Thanks , I thought so , that locomotive in picture looks like BR17 [ S10.) not BR01 for sure.
In regards to Märklin S10 ( don’t know how is a newest version) but old KPEV S10 from Kaisers set was a Hog. I definitely prefer Fleischmann KPEV S10 instead..
Once you get rid off that nasty speaker in the cab it’s over all good running S10 which I can’t say about Märklin one.
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn

Your Fleischmann S10 looks quite nice.

I do have the 37197, but I don't have any of the old version Marklin s-10 so I can't compare the running characteristic. But in the "new" 37197, Marklin has used a "standard" last generation motor, or according to Marklin "New propulsion concept".

I hope that Marklin will use the moulds for the new Edleweis set, to also make a Nord Express set (Paris -Copenhagen). If that happens I will use it with my E 991 39491 (even if the era is not correct) and occasionally my 37197.
Danish Nord Express video: https://www.danmarkpaafilm.dk/film/til-danmark-over-de-store-broer

the motor in my 37197:
http://hovland.net/bilder/mj/R5_B1224.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#5 Posted : 22 March 2024 02:32:07(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Hi BPH,
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn

Your Fleischmann S10 looks quite nice.

I do have the 37197, but I don't have any of the old version Marklin s-10 so I can't compare the running characteristic. But in the "new" 37197, Marklin has used a "standard" last generation motor, or according to Marklin "New propulsion concept".

I hope that Marklin will use the moulds for the new Edleweis set, to also make a Nord Express set (Paris -Copenhagen). If that happens I will use it with my E 991 39491 (even if the era is not correct) and occasionally my 37197.
Danish Nord Express video: https://www.danmarkpaafilm.dk/film/til-danmark-over-de-store-broer

the motor in my 37197:
http://hovland.net/bilder/mj/R5_B1224.jpg

Hi Bph,
Well, original Märklin S10 was to light and didn’t have enough traction to pull 6 Kaiser Hoffzug cars on slight gradient.Due to plenty of complaints Märklin even start selling extra led weight which unhappy owners could attach under cab roof - but it was not enough in my opinion. My Fleischmann KPEV S10 came with big suitcase …
UserPostedImage
And I liked details but mentioned earlier speaker was annoying! Don’t get me wrong Sound was Ok only lack of room in tender forced Fleischmann engineers to put speaker in the cab. 😝
Sorry guys- DONT KNOW if video is going to transfer properly!!! Link is below;

S10 clip

I took boiler and cab off so you could see clearly what I meant!
Speaker is on cab floor just before tender …clip below;

S10 Sound

Regards,
Marklineisenbahn

Edited by moderator 24 March 2024 00:52:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline kimballthurlow  
#6 Posted : 22 March 2024 23:19:13(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Post deleted because I could not verify a source of information.
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline bph  
#7 Posted : 23 March 2024 23:43:15(UTC)
bph

Norway   
This site has some more information:(use google translate or similar)
http://www.nostalgiazapara.pl/nord-ekspress-w-polsce

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph