Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2024 15:32:30(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I ordered the coaches 42154 more than a year ago and hope they arrive eventually. Noticed however that the lighting that Marklin says go with these is 7330. Why not use the new lighting kit 73411 which I already have a few. Appreciate difficult to answer but perhaps I need to add the older set 7330 to the order.

Dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2024 16:45:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Dave
Checking Märklin Website, indeed they point towards the old lighting 7330 set but I suspect, these coaches have been around for quite a while and this is a new decoration.
I suspect also that the new lighting 73411 could be adapted without any issues except possibly having to shorten the LED bar (no big deal).
Last 7330 is a very old device which I have banned from my layout (no bulbs nowhere). They keep on dying, they draw a lot of current, key melt plastic parts so I replace ALL of them with LEDs.
Cheers
Jean

Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2024 17:05:47(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dave
Checking Märklin Website, indeed they point towards the old lighting 7330 set but I suspect, these coaches have been around for quite a while and this is a new decoration.
I suspect also that the new lighting 73411 could be adapted without any issues except possibly having to shorten the LED bar (no big deal).
Last 7330 is a very old device which I have banned from my layout (no bulbs nowhere). They keep on dying, they draw a lot of current, key melt plastic parts so I replace ALL of them with LEDs.
Cheers
Jean

Thanks for that. I could not see any reason why to use an old set and anyway I often use the Viessmann light bars. However if Marklin cant come up with coaches more than 18 months after advertising them I will maybe have a look at Roco if they do a simlar item.
Thanks Jean

Dave

Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#4 Posted : 16 March 2024 18:13:46(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dave
Cheers
Jean

Thanks for that. I could not see any reason why to use an old set and anyway I often use the Viessmann light bars. However if Marklin cant come up with coaches more than 18 months after advertising them I will maybe have a look at Roco if they do a simlar item.
Thanks Jean

Dave

Hallo ,
I would definitely go with Roco , Märklin ones are obsolete and interior is scarce simply inhabitable!
Or go with LS-Models
Regards ,
Marklineisenbahn