Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2024 17:02:18(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, its an Austrian steam loco, made by Roco over the years in different versions., this time its called the "Blue Princess", BBÖ 310.20

Roco-7100012 BBO 310.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2024 17:55:40(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, its an Austrian steam loco, made by Roco over the years in different versions., this time its called the "Blue Princess", BBÖ 310.20

Roco-7100012 BBO 310.jpg

Hi John,
Yes it’s true “ beautiful lady “ famous Karl Gölsdorf
steam engine and that Royal Blue version from KKOStb is gorgeous.Known as Karl Golsdorf's masterpiece, these express engines As Class 310, they served Austria (43), Prussia (7), and Polish State Railway (3) But it’s Roco , plastic, plastic and cardan shaft running across Fuhrer / Heizer legs ;)
Model runs good ( wheels have deep flanges for M or C track ) and ZIMO sound is superb. Great engine for Märklin 1910 Zug orient express …
Prussian version is also very interesting.
My biggest complaint ( and I have 2 of this engines ) is Roco engineering of propulsion systems [ shaft protruding from tender through cabin to boiler !And engine is to light ( made of plastic ) so lacking pulling power. Five Märklin Orient Express cars with 2 sliders on flat is OK but on gradient will be problematic.
In my humble opinion is not worth 650 dollars !!!
Frankly , I wish Märklin would make this engine truly to scale with metal boiler and tender and Maxon motor incorporated in the boiler.
John, Forgive me, I don’t want to rain on your parade but think twice before you pull the trigger and purchase it. Don’t get me wrong model is gorgeous but lacks pulling power !
Maybe Roco improved it a bit nowadays cause my both 310 are from early years 2000 and 2010…
Just my two cents… on the Roco Class 310.

Edited by user 16 March 2024 12:33:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2024 13:55:43(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Dreileiters,
Another option for Class 310 is Lemaco nowadays called Lematec ( if not mistaken). Super H0 model with fully operational, finely detailed Heusinger valve gear and a true-to-life daylight gap between the boiler and chassis, adding to its mechanical excellence,working cylinders valves and more.
Stunning model…
Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 9.51.36 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2024-03-09 at 9.51.57 PM.jpeg

But price is twice that of Roco plastic version!
Also Lemaco requires R 8 or R9 curves to navigate properly… it’s more showcase - museum style H0 model.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn