Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline macbeth85  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2024 19:10:45(UTC)
macbeth85

United States   
Greetings!

I recently acquired an ESU ECoS to replace my Uhlenbrock Intellibox 1.5001 as it was starting to get a bit wonky. Has anyone been able to connect the Uhlenbrock feedback modules ( 63350 ) to the ECoS? They work fine with the IB, but I've been unable to get the ECoS to recognize them via the L.Net Converter as ESU suggests: ECOS lnet-converter/.

The ESU ECoS is:
Hardware Version 2.1.1
Software Version 4.2.10

I've tried this with Railcom disabled, but no joy. I have not tried connecting the IB to the EcoS, because it has been acting up.

My eventual plans are to control everything through JMRI. Any options there? Loconet to USB to JMRI for route control?

Thanks,
Michael
Offline Mikael  
#2 Posted : 09 March 2024 15:09:52(UTC)
Mikael

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: macbeth85 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone been able to connect the Uhlenbrock feedback modules ( 63350 ) to the ECoS? They work fine with the IB, but I've been unable to get the ECoS to recognize them via the L.Net Converter as ESU suggests:

I haven't used that exact module (63350), but I am using several of the very similar 63330 on my layout.
It's been quite a few years since I set it up, but I don't remember any problems doing it. It is just connecting ECoS to the Converter, and then from there to all the Loconet equipment.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mikael
Offline macbeth85  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2024 05:22:47(UTC)
macbeth85

United States   
Originally Posted by: Mikael Go to Quoted Post

I haven't used that exact module (63350), but I am using several of the very similar 63330 on my layout.
It's been quite a few years since I set it up, but I don't remember any problems doing it. It is just connecting ECoS to the Converter, and then from there to all the Loconet equipment.

Thanks for your response. I've setup my IB devices and am in the process of testing. As a side note, the IB Switch works perfectly when connected to the Lnet Converter of the Ecos. I'll update again.
Offline macbeth85  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2024 04:46:31(UTC)
macbeth85

United States   
Originally Posted by: Mikael Go to Quoted Post

Well, it appears that I was the fault. I had put the insulators on the wrong side of the C track in that section. I pulled out the old IB and went back to a working scenario. It was then that I discovered my mistake. After making a few corrections and reconnecting the ECOS, everything was detected and worked as it should.

Many, many thanks Mikael!